Trinidad Parenting Children With Autism - Page 5 of 7

Your questions are a mixture of varying Topics - Page 5 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 26th Feb, 2016 - 2:30am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Autism In Trinidad and Tobago - The challenges of being an Autism Parent in this country are enormous. The most basic rights of children on the Autism Spectrum is not given. Also: APATT Community
25th Apr, 2015 - 4:00pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad Parenting Children With Autism - Page 5

I just wrote a blog post called "Open Letter To The Honourable Prime Minister" Source 8 Please feel free to share your thoughts on my blog.

Sponsored Links:
26th Apr, 2015 - 12:04pm / Post ID: #

Autism Children Parenting Trinidad

international QUOTE (Pandora)
...blog post called "Open Letter To The Honourable Prime Minister"

Great job, hopefully it can reach more people and influence those in power to actually allocate government resources towards helping citizens who are under the spectrum rather than taking the easy route of giving NGOs, who in my opinion spend money wildly on things that do not directly help the families dealing with Autism daily, to give the appearance that the government is doing something about the Autism epidemic.

26th Apr, 2015 - 3:00pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad Parenting Children With Autism Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Is elections this year something like this, helpng special neefs Trinis should be in all the parties' manifesto.

5th May, 2015 - 11:39pm / Post ID: #

Page 5 Autism Children Parenting Trinidad

One of my blog readers left this quote from the Prime Minister:

international QUOTE (Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar – World Autism Day 2014)
"The effects of ASDs are not restricted to any particular race, colour or class of people. In fact, from my own experiences with autism, I must emphasise the importance of early detection. With the right care, individuals affected by ASDs can lead a full and prosperous life.

My government is determined to introduce sustainable and comprehensive policies and programmes to benefit persons with autism as well as other disabilities. The time for full inclusion is now; no disability of any kind should be allowed to bar a citizen of Trinidad and Tobago from that which our anthem boasts, an equal place in society".

6th Sep, 2015 - 5:55pm / Post ID: #

Autism Children Parenting Trinidad

The key is this: If today you found out you had a special needs child, one under the autism spectrum, what will be YOUR next move? There will be many who will try to SELL you the idea that you should go this way or that. There are actually very few who are first of all BOTH experienced and QUALIFIED to diagnose as opposed to just asses in this country. After that, you then need to worry about education / therapy. Who is LEGALLY qualified to carry out these things? Which governing body handles this and how can you know? Its not only that part but are they GOOD at what they do? Someone can be qualified and not have that connection with your child. These and many other things are both addressed and ventilated at APATT. There is a big difference between LIVING with Autism and just seeing it as a job, take it from someone who IS an Autism parent with 15 years experience! https://www.TTAutism.com

10th Feb, 2016 - 1:35pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad Parenting Children With Autism

Make sure to read the latest Blog Post from APATT's President: Open Letter To The Hon. PM Dr. Keith Rowley - Autism Blog.

A highlighted part from it:

international QUOTE
I am asking you, Dr. Keith Rowley, that you become the First Prime Minister in Trinidad & Tobago to open the first school for children with autism in our country. Autism does not know of recessions or oil prices. Autism does not know of tax or politics. Autism knows of low, medium and high-functioning, delayed speech developments or lack of speech, cognitive and social impairment, sensory overload meltdowns, cognitive related issues, aggression and self-injury between others. Autism also knows of visual thinking, artistry, rote memory, special interests, and advanced computer skills in some cases that could help these children learn and succeed.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 26th Feb, 2016 - 1:49am / Post ID: #

Trinidad Parenting Children With Autism
A Friend

Trinidad Parenting Children Autism - Page 5

We are visiting Port Of Spain for a couple of months.. I am here with my daughter in the Spectrum.. She is 25, high functioning girl.... Are there people with young adult kids in the spectrum that may like to meet a friend to do things with ?

PS... I am reading people's posts… and am surprised that there is no discussion of healing… remember how Hippocrates said :

international QUOTE
“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food"

I have brought with me from USA a set of DVDs on healing nutrition and would love to share with people who may be interested in this as a healing tool for their children…

Rather off topic, but...
(My daughter has put it on UBS... So people can download on their computers… and I just lost a little wallet where the first two USBs were/ bummer ... Not sure where to buy them to replace?)

Also, I am not seeing any organic food? You cannot eat pesticides damaged food and get healthy - Can you please direct me where is the best place to shop? Are there organic farmers markets? We are staying in St Ann's.

I am amazed to see cell towers all over the place… WIFI does not help to heal to put it mildly! What do you guys do here to create healthy environment? Thank you.

26th Feb, 2016 - 2:30am / Post ID: #

Trinidad Parenting Children Autism Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 5

Your questions are a mixture of varying Topics so I will answer based on the subject of this Thread which is parenting children with Autism in Trinidad.

international QUOTE
Are there people with young adult kids in the spectrum that may like to meet a friend to do things with?

There is only one group that has socials like that and it is organized by the ASTT on Sundays I believe but I am unsure of the details.

Trinis generally do not eat healthy and there isn't a farmer's market per se in the sense of the word you are thinking of as they heavily use pesticides. If your intention is to treat Autism through healthy eating then it will be tough finding organic unless you know of people that grow without using chemicals (Hard to find, hard to be sure).

Other Topics about health generally can be Discussed here: Health, Diet & Medical News. Your take on cellular towers can go here: Mobiles Infecting Kids' Brains so that This Topic remains on Trinidad Autism parents.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

> TOPIC: Trinidad Parenting Children With Autism

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,