Ak-47 Or M-16? - Page 3 of 3

Yah all the attachments for the ar-15 are - Page 3 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 2nd Nov, 2008 - 4:22am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Ak-47 Or M-16? Related Information to Ak-47 Or M-16?
Post Date: 1st Nov, 2008 - 3:15am / Post ID: #

Ak-47 Or M-16? - Page 3

Name: Panzer

Comments: Actually, the 5.45 mm round is different, not in dimensions, but in ballistics, as it will spin and tumble as it passes through flesh, decreasing penetration and allowing the full force to be transmitted. The M16 round will fragment, which, under ~150 yards can make an exit hole the size of a dinner plate.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 1st Nov, 2008 - 5:24am / Post ID: #

Ak-47 Or M-16?
A Friend

M- Ak-

My brother was an expert Lt marksman in the armed forces and he said the same thing about the .223 that you say with the 5.45. It tumbles so that you don't take out one enemy soldier but 2. Wound one so that another has to carry him out.

I would like to see the report on those ballistics, because it sounds the same. The 5.45 was the russian answer to the superior .223. Superior in some ways I should say.

Also he said that recently the military is liking the 6.5 because it has the same lower of the .223 m-16 but is comparable to a good sniper round like the .308 without the messy change over of the lower.

I understood what he was talking about, but I was just parroting what he said because I am not a weapons expert.

Conclusion:

You can get a lower for an ar-15 for a hundred bucks. This lower will work for a 6.5 upper or a 223 upper. They are easy to change out.

The ar-15 has a lot of advantages.

He also said that the m-16/ar-15 is switching to a piston gas chamber like the AK instead of the small whole reverse feed gas in the m-16. Guys over there say it is getting jambed up so they are kind of trying to hybridizing the 2 now.

Don't ask me though. I have a basic understanding of how they both work even though I own both types.

Reconcile Edited: Quasar on 1st Nov, 2008 - 5:24am

Post Date: 1st Nov, 2008 - 5:09pm / Post ID: #

Ak-47 Or M-16?
A Friend

Ak-47 Or M-16? History & Civil Business Politics

If they are changing to a gas piston from the system it uses now the M16 may just be a better weapon than the Ak-47. I would have to wait and see how it does in the tests.

Post Date: 2nd Nov, 2008 - 4:22am / Post ID: #

Ak-47 Or M-16?
A Friend

Page 3 M- Ak-

Yah all the attachments for the ar-15 are nice. If I had to choose I would take my car-15 and My savage .338.

If it was close courters I would rather have the trusty AK. God knows I love them both.

You can get the Saiga that is AK action in 223, 4-10, 12 gauge, 20 gauge .308, 7.62x39, mmm I think that is all. That is a great selection though. It is the same AK action but in a "hunting rifle form". Great action! You can pick them up from $250 to $350.

If you want an ar-15 try dpms. You can get a high quality ar for about 600 bucks. You have to get the lower from a dealer with an FFL. But you can order whatever upper you want online. DPMS has great quality uppers for a great price.

You don't have to pay 1,200 for a good ar-15.

Remember that the AR kits include everything but the stripped lowers. You have to put it together. You need to know how to do this anyway. It is not that hard after the first time or 2.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Ak-47 Or M-16?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,