Ak-47 Or M-16? - Page 2 of 3

The perfect weapon is light accurate, all - Page 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 2nd Sep, 2008 - 3:55am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Ak-47 Or M-16? Related Information to Ak-47 Or M-16?
Post Date: 25th Jun, 2008 - 2:04pm / Post ID: #

Ak-47 Or M-16?
A Friend

Ak-47 Or M-16? - Page 2

I am not sure you can always call the M16 a finicky rifle. I have drug mine through a swamp dirt and even desert environment and had never had a jamb or a problem with it. I know some people have but they did not care for it as well. I did not clean it but once a week and that seemed to help maintain it.

While I have not personally carried or used a AK 47 on a regular basis a friend of mine has. He is a big time gun collector and I value his opinion. He has told me while the AK 47 is nice he would rather use the M16 for personnel defense.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 30th Jun, 2008 - 11:24am / Post ID: #

Ak-47 Or M-16?
A Friend

M- Ak-

Being in the British Army I prefer the AS80 A2 to any of those weapons as it has proved better in 90% of all weapon tests.

AS80 A2

5.56mm

effective fire range single person - 300m

effective fire range section attack - 600m

weight - 5.3 kg

magazine - 30 rounds

can fire a single shot or bursts (automatic)

accurate to 35mm

selfcocking weapon system

interchangeable sights - iron sight - SUSAT (sight unit small arms trilux)

weight of rounds - 12g

air cooled weapon

gas operated self cocking system

easily stripped and cleaned in an average time of 6 mins.

Post Date: 30th Jun, 2008 - 3:42pm / Post ID: #

Ak-47 Or M-16?
A Friend

Ak-47 Or M-16? History & Civil Business Politics

I have seen this weapon in a combat situation but have never had the oppertunity to fire it. I know it uses the same basic round as the M16. I would enjoy the oppertunity to fire the AS80 A2. I am sure it is a nice combat assault rifle.

Post Date: 24th Jul, 2008 - 12:56pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 M- Ak-

Name: Panzer

Comments: 300 meters isn't very good and it is SA-80. I also hear its very delicate.

Post Date: 7th Aug, 2008 - 2:59pm / Post ID: #

M- Ak-

Name: Panzer

Comments: Part of the reason these debates are so hard is that we never specify which version of the M16 we're talking about. The -A1 model, piece of crap. unreliable, bad on full auto, no grenade launcher... the -A2 was much nicer. 3-round burst, modular system, more reliable... and so on. If we are comparing these weapons, it should be the AK family vs. M16 series.

Post Date: 1st Sep, 2008 - 4:58am / Post ID: #

Ak-47 Or M-16?
A Friend

Ak-47 Or M-16?

I love my AK, but I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn at 550 yards.

It is made for peasants. Easy to service, maintain, and shoot. It creates great suppressive fire because sometimes you don't know where the bullet is going.

I love the Ak action. That is why I am looking at the AK-74. They say it is almost as accurate as the AR with all the benefits of the Ak-47

The bullets are also cheap.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
1st Sep, 2008 - 10:10pm / Post ID: #

Ak-47 M-16 - Page 2

If you are looking for long range why not just get a rifle? A gun is made to do what it does.

International Level: Junior Politician / Political Participation: 87 ActivistPoliticianJunior Politician 8.7%

Post Date: 2nd Sep, 2008 - 3:55am / Post ID: #

Ak-47 Or M-16?
A Friend

Ak-47 M-16 Politics Business Civil & History - Page 2

The perfect weapon is light accurate, all around, reliable, mobile, and powerful. People are always trying to create a perfect weapon. You can hunt with an AR-15 and it is a great protection rifle.

I like guns, but the more I look at what a perfect weapon is the more ridiculous it becomes. I wouldn't take an AR moose hunting.

The AK-74 has peaked my interest, but the round is almost the same as a .223.

There is no perfect gun from what I can see.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Ak-47 Or M-16?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,