Heavy Metal & Punk - Page 3 of 9

OK, at the moment it seems like I might be - Page 3 - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 1st Nov, 2005 - 12:57pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (9) »
Is this really music or just noise?
Heavy Metal & Punk Related Information to Heavy Metal & Punk
  • Gothic Music
  • Goth Teens
  • Goth Movies
  • Goth / Gothic - Word Development
  • Goth Fashion - Will it ever be popular?
  • The Goth Culture - As a Religion?
  • Sterotyped
  • Body Piercings & Tattoos - (Requires Mature Status)
  • 22nd Apr, 2005 - 6:51pm / Post ID: #

Heavy Metal & Punk - Page 3

In my opinion, there are 2 types of music:
    - good music and
    - bad music
    I have to say that I'm not a big fan of these styles, but sometimes, in the morning, when a hard day is ahead, a good rhythm is what I need.

Sponsored Links:
    Post Date: 6th Jun, 2005 - 5:03pm / Post ID: #

Heavy Metal & Punk
    A Friend

Punk and Metal Heavy

I greatly enjoy both types of music, if not all bands who play it. In heavy metal, I love Slipknot, but find Metallica creepy, to say the least. In punk rock I love The Offspring, Wheezer, and Green Day, but none of the other bands that call themselves punk rock.

Lyrics are important, and I find Metallica's lyrics disturbing. However, I care far more for how the music makes me feel, and how the song sounds as a whole, with instruments and singing. For example I really don't like the lyrics in Holiday but still listen to the song.

It's all just a matter of taste and what kind of music you enjoy. However I have heard some bands that never should have been created.

Post Date: 14th Jun, 2005 - 4:17pm / Post ID: #

Heavy Metal & Punk
    A Friend

Heavy Metal & Punk Sports & Fashion Music Movies

I like almost all types of music but "this type of music" is my favourite. It just makes me feel really good and elated when I listen to it. Putting on some really heavy shouting music with a good melody and rhythm makes you just want to jump around and get rid of any anger or frustration you have. It is like going for a run only so much more fun. I tend not to go in for moshpits though. These seem unnecessary and dangerous. Each to their own though.

Post Date: 29th Jun, 2005 - 11:18am / Post ID: #

Heavy Metal & Punk
    A Friend

Page 3 Punk and Metal Heavy

I really don't think genres matter at the end of the day, its what you want to listen to. It may sound a little cliche but its true. In college I spend time with other musicians since I'm in a music course and I see all types of music fans. Theres the "Metal Heads" the odd punk fan or pop fan. I on the otherhand, like many others have no real preference to a genre yet I generally converse with the metal fans. Personally I think it is what you get from the song, wether your looking for some motivation, inspiration, happiness or just a nice rhythm to tap your feet to. I like classical for its ability to create such atmosphere, which is the same reason why I like a lot of metal bands e.g. metallica. Theres blues which I find has emotion. So I guess what I am getting to is, aslong as the song has a decent rhythm, enough conviction and you can relate to it you will enjoy it a lot more. Maybe even more so than someone who has set out just to make a living releasing mediocre songs that are relatively shallow.

Post Date: 2nd Jul, 2005 - 10:00am / Post ID: #

Heavy Metal & Punk
    A Friend

Punk and Metal Heavy

Well, I'd say that yes, lots of punk and metal is noise (The Casualties, Theory of A Deadman, Cradle of Filth, to name some of the more popular bands) but others which can be punk or metal, like Rancid, Dropkick Murphies, Avenged Sevenfold, etc. have artfull music and/or lyrics. Punk the meaning is usually pretty clear on, whereas the (in my opinion) good metal is almost always a riddle to some extent. Also, the 'noise' punk and metal are just as noisy and artless as rap (particularly 50 cent and Eminem, who I particularly dislike because of sexism, homophobia, and cussing on every other word, as well as a lack of depth in lyrics, and, since I play bass, I find a lack of depth in the synthesized glorified bleeps and bloops).

Post Date: 5th Jul, 2005 - 2:43pm / Post ID: #

Heavy Metal & Punk
    A Friend

Heavy Metal & Punk

You know I hate this opinion that metal music is just noise without any meaning that makes people angry, personally I could quote half a dozen lyrics by metal bands which have much more depth and meaning than anything in the charts, I mean listening to aqua or blue thats soulless, also I've been going to metal clubs for years and never seden a fight there because everyone gets it out of their system through the music I mean you don't hear of metal bands shooting each other do you? Don't get me wrong as with all music you get bands which are soulless terrible pieces of rubbish who shouldn't have a record deal but then some people like limp bizkit (joke) At the end of the day its whatever makes you happy I listen to most types of music but I can't abide hardcore dance, I like thai food but I don't like Indian food.... whaT makes us who we are is our individual tastes isn't it?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
    Post Date: 12th Jul, 2005 - 9:35am / Post ID: #

Heavy Metal & Punk
    A Friend

Heavy Metal & Punk - Page 3

Of course it is music! Metal and punk bands have a special talent at talking a heavy "uppity" beat that makes young people want to "break things" and combine it with lyrics of pain and hatred. (And in some circumstances love) Think of the talent it takes to play a guitar riff...a drum solo? These are not beatbox mixes or record scratchings..this is a person with bleeding fingers picking away. If rap can be called music than metal and punk, even in the heaviest of forms, is music. Despite how you feel about it, music is music.

Message Edited!
    Persephone: Removed unrelated comments. Do not state that something is silly, just because it is your opinion, see Constructive posting thread.

Post Date: 1st Nov, 2005 - 12:57pm / Post ID: #

Heavy Metal & Punk
    A Friend

Heavy Metal & Punk Movies Music Fashion & Sports - Page 3

OK, at the moment it seems like I might be alone in my view. However, I have a very in depth view on heavy music and punk music. I love heavy music! But this isn't because I hate the world or anything, it is because I understand the feelings conveyed through their media. SOME heavy music is real emotion, a true art form placed into music. OTHER heavy music is just from sad depressed little people... (I'm not being mean, I'm being real!)
    The Band 'Illnino' is my favorite! They sing or love, hate, depression from real experiences! Not any superficial, 'Hilary Duff' discourse of love. It is down to earth and in your face. No mucking about, that has to be respected!
    On the other hand we have 'Punk'... A far cry different from heavy music. While heavy music portrays the emotions... Punk music whinges about why they have those emotions (Simple Plan). This however is my opinion from my discourse.

The reality is, this question we are dealing with is a lot like asking "What is the meaning of Life?"... No answer is wrong, as everyone has a different discourse and who are we to tell them their views are invalid?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (9) »

> TOPIC: Heavy Metal & Punk

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
    ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
    Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
    This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,