Heavy Metal & Punk - Page 6 of 9

I think metal is great. Punk, not so much. - Page 6 - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 7th Mar, 2009 - 6:41pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 9 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Is this really music or just noise?
Heavy Metal & Punk Related Information to Heavy Metal & Punk
  • Gothic Music
  • Goth Teens
  • Goth Movies
  • Goth / Gothic - Word Development
  • Goth Fashion - Will it ever be popular?
  • The Goth Culture - As a Religion?
  • Sterotyped
  • Body Piercings & Tattoos - (Requires Mature Status)
  • 21st Mar, 2007 - 7:36pm / Post ID: #

Heavy Metal & Punk - Page 6

I love Attitude's comment! I couldn't stop laughing at that one! I think teenagers are at the stage of their lives when they are faced with a lot of peer pressure. And to cope with it, they may turn to drugs, experiment with sex and listen to Heavy Metal Music. To me, the message is always the same; violence, sex and no respect for women. Have you ever listened to GUNS 'N' ROSES "Welcome to the Jungle?" The lyrics of this song is very angry, harsh and encourages you to respond in a negative way! Most of the lyrics in Heavy Metal Music may have subtle or not so subtle sexual innuendo messages for instance: BON JOVI's song "Pour Sugar On Me;" to me this encourages promiscuity; I don't see this as a way to cope with stress! Whenever most Heavy Metal Bands perform on stage or even produce a video, women are always depicted as sex objects and I don't think this is a good example for impressionable minds. I don't understand how teens could argue that this type of music can help overcome anger and frustration? Maybe they can relate to the "noise" since it represents the confusion in their own lives?

I never enjoyed this kind of music as a teenager, but as an adult, I became curious. And after listening to a few Heavy Metal songs, one can conclude that it is very addictive! In my opinion, Heavy Metal music encourages rebellion and doesn't assist in coping with the everyday pressures of life! I cannot help but wonder if Heavy Metal was borne out of music from the Devil! I know this sounds crazy but have you ever thought about the names of each Heavy Metal Band? KISS - which means, Knights in Service of Satan, BLACK SABBATH, POISON and the list goes on and on. Maybe this is why teens love Heavy Metal music. It is a lure to the dark side and an escape from reality.

Reconcile Edited: Geenie on 21st Mar, 2007 - 7:38pm

Sponsored Links:
    Post Date: 18th Apr, 2007 - 2:07am / Post ID: #

Heavy Metal & Punk
    A Friend

Punk and Metal Heavy

Actually, Kiss does not stand for "Knights in the Service of Satan", at least according to Snopes: Urban Legends Reference Page

In my opinion, the quality of today's popular music is poor.

*gasp*

wink.gif

But seriously, music really has gone downhill, and yes, heavy metal and punk rock are both part of it, but then again so are most other major genres. It's not all bad, however. There are many, many, good punk bands out there. There are Christian metal bands. You have to look at it as every genre having their good and their bad. Music quality, in my opinion, is made up of two things:

a.) The musical qualities. (instrumentation, etc.)
    b.) The lyrical qualities.

In recent times extra variables have been set in place as to the determination of whether or not a music is "good". Whether or not it's "cool", for example, is a main one. Also, a declining in the quality of both of the aforementioned qualities have prevailed, especially in popular music. This is just my opinion, mind.

Taste to music is subjective, however, and one cannot choose for others their opinions regarding the types of music they like or dislike or are indifferent to.

It's best to like a variety of good musics, of all genres, and to be open-minded about unfamiliar or ones that are disliked on false foundations.

For example, I used to dislike intensely hip-hop, and then I discovered what I feel is good, moral, fun hip-hop. You can't make assumptions on entire genres of musics based on popular culture and how it's perceived in media. That's like calling all science fiction sucky because you didn't happen to like, say, Asimov (no fear, I'm not dissing Isaac Asimov, fellow sci-fi nerds amongst us)or saying all tragedies are horrible because you found Romeo & Juliet dry when you read it in high school English.

So, with this in mind, not all punk and heavy metal is "garbage". A lot of it is, admittingly. But so is country, rock, pop, rap, blues, jazz, dance, techno, bluegrass, a cappella, classical, folk, etc. Search for the good in everything and don't make assumptions on entire genres without first seeking out the good in them.

Post Date: 25th Apr, 2007 - 4:30am / Post ID: #

Heavy Metal & Punk
    A Friend

Heavy Metal & Punk Sports & Fashion Music Movies

I don't know if you'd really consider it heavy metal.. or more so alternative.. I don't like the screaming, harsh, Kill yourself, devil worshipping sort of music.. But I do like rock music. There's a band called FlyLeaf.. It has a female lead singe.r. And I was suprised to find out that it was a Christian rock band.

I think that, like any other genre of music, there is good and bad in it all. There's the devil worshipping Heavy metal.. The Cop and women bashing rap music.. The whiny My wife left me and took my car and the dog country music..

It's all about what you like.. and how you perceive the lyrics and the music behind the loudness.

Post Date: 19th Jul, 2007 - 1:17pm / Post ID: #

Heavy Metal & Punk
    A Friend

Page 6 Punk and Metal Heavy

You would be surprised at how often the musical technique of heavy metal music relates to classical scales, particularly solos. Metallica would be a good example.

There's so many sub-genres of metal today, sometimes it's hard to differentiate between them - here's just a few...

Death Metal, Black Metal, Goth Metal, Glam Metal, Metalcore, Grindcore, Hardcore...

The list goes on... for a while.

But for me the best metal/rock band ever was Rage against the machine: awesome music, with an intelligent political edge to it. And there reforming for one last gig!

Post Date: 28th Aug, 2007 - 10:55pm / Post ID: #

Heavy Metal & Punk
    A Friend

Punk and Metal Heavy

Wow some people are saying heavy metal is bad and inspires rebellion and such and I agree. When some one writes a song they generally do so from the heart for the most part they sing what they are feeling and thinking and don't hide it. If some people say this is bad then so be it. Although Heavy metal is becoming so big horrible bands are emerging and giving it a bad name. All music is the same stuff as far as lyrics go the artist thought, feelings and beliefs where they differ is the instrumentals and the style they sing the song. I have heard some great Metal songs taken and played as country and it sounded fine. My point is don't judge a genre of music judge all music as a whole.

Post Date: 12th May, 2008 - 1:11am / Post ID: #

Heavy Metal & Punk
    A Friend

Heavy Metal & Punk

I am old school and listened to the Punk genre of the mid seventies and early eighties! Noise yes! Some talent, yes! Craziness! Yes, but I liked it and still listen to the early punk channels on satelite! Sex Pistols, Clash, Dead Kennedys! To cool!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
    Post Date: 5th Sep, 2008 - 9:27am / Post ID: #

Heavy Metal & Punk
    A Friend

Heavy Metal & Punk - Page 6

I don't know very much about punk, but the term Heavy Metal is actually much much broader than its steriotype. And personally I don't see Heavy Metal a crappy bunch of noise or something like that.

Also the loudness isn't the only attribute that makes some people enjoy Heavy Metal. Sometimes it isn't about full expression. Bands like Nightwish, Warmen, Falconer, Blind Guardian, Symphony X... are all considered ones that play Heavy Metal subgenre. And really, if you have ever tried them out, and if you can tolerate the moderately chaotic atmosphere by the electric guitar, you would see the whole beauty hidden beyond those seemingly tasteless noises.

Post Date: 7th Mar, 2009 - 6:41pm / Post ID: #

Heavy Metal & Punk
    A Friend

Heavy Metal & Punk Movies Music Fashion & Sports - Page 6

I think metal is great. Punk, not so much. Quite a few metal song lyrics are great as poetry without the music. Metal also has a lot of classical influence. If you listen to the 'better' metal guitarist you'll hear a bit of Mozart or Paganini in there. Also, many metal bands reference greek mythology, or fantasy, some even the Bible. Punk is really a bit too straightforward for me, and the lyrics are genrally crude. But sometimes it's just what I need.

+  « First of 9 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 

> TOPIC: Heavy Metal & Punk

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
    ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
    Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
    This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,