Heavy Metal & Punk - Page 7 of 9

I like heavy metal and punk in general but - Page 7 - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 29th Aug, 2009 - 1:16am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 9 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Is this really music or just noise?
Heavy Metal & Punk Related Information to Heavy Metal & Punk
  • Gothic Music
  • Goth Teens
  • Goth Movies
  • Goth / Gothic - Word Development
  • Goth Fashion - Will it ever be popular?
  • The Goth Culture - As a Religion?
  • Sterotyped
  • Body Piercings & Tattoos - (Requires Mature Status)
  • 7th Mar, 2009 - 6:47pm / Post ID: #

Heavy Metal & Punk - Page 7

Wasn't Billy Idol rated in the 'Punk' category yet a lot of his more popular music seemed to be soft rock?

QUOTE (Gabrond)
    Metal also has a lot of classical influence.

I see this most evident with Metallica's 'Justice For All' album.

Sponsored Links:
    8th Mar, 2009 - 12:46am / Post ID: #

Punk and Metal Heavy

Billy Idol came out of England and one of his first bands to make it was the Punk band Generation X. He then went to the US and became a solo act...Billy Idol. He became popular with MTV and his White Wedding, Hot in the City (too hot and was banned) and Dancing with Myself videos. Those songs were more modern rock with a punk edge to them. Rebel Yell was his big album. He hooked up with guitarist Steve Stevens and their sounds was pretty well defined - hard rock (not metal but with a punk edge) with a few ballads tossed in. Rebel Yell, Eyes Without a Face, Blue Highway and Catch My Fall were all hits. Steve Stevens is a great guitarist. The album Whiplash Smile was next and it also had four hits on it. Following that release, Stevens and Idol split up and he kind of became a caricature of himself.

8th Mar, 2009 - 1:21am / Post ID: #

Heavy Metal & Punk Sports & Fashion Music Movies

I did not know you were that engrossed into Punk music Vincenzo. The "Punk edge" Billy Idol used plus his famous spiked hair helped give more respect for punk music - I think. What about Prodigy?

8th Mar, 2009 - 2:18am / Post ID: #

Page 7 Punk and Metal Heavy

I have never gotten into Prodigy much, but have been a big The Cure fan. The Violent Femmes are ok every now and then as well.

Idol actually hung around with the Sex Pistols and I think that is partly to blame for his look. Idol looks like a bleach blond Sid Vicious.

Source 9

Fortunately, Idol has a better disposition than Sid had.

Reconcile Edited: Vincenzo on 8th Mar, 2009 - 2:26am

Post Date: 24th Mar, 2009 - 11:38pm / Post ID: #

Heavy Metal & Punk
    A Friend

Punk and Metal Heavy

I don't label music by genre too much. I mean, clearly if something is Heavy metal" then it's "heavy metal", but either the band stinks or it's really good. It's all a matter of opinion.

I do see, however, what you are saying, most stuff I listened to if you were to label it would be Indie rock and noise rock (such as Sonic Youth or Guided by Voices). and classic punk is always good, then you have regurgitated radio garbage appetite that like to call themselves "punk rock" when really all they are is MTV regulars.

Post Date: 25th Mar, 2009 - 8:19pm / Post ID: #

Heavy Metal & Punk
    A Friend

Heavy Metal & Punk

I like harder rock, for the most part. I am not prone to generalizing music or trying to stuff it into predefined categories though. Truthfully, I don't really care much. I like what I like and I don't like what I don't.

The things I dislike about hard rock are too much screaming. Screaming is fine by me, when it comes to music, but there's definately a limit. A song that's all screaming doesn't appeal to me. Seems kind of lazy. I want something more than that.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
    10th Jun, 2009 - 10:02pm / Post ID: #

Heavy Metal & Punk - Page 7

I love my heavy metal music! I like Punk too! I dislike Thrash metal, the screeching of dudes who will have a very sore throat at the end of the day!

Reconcile Message Edited...
    Persephone: Check your spelling. Please keep your messages free from extra characters that are not alpha / numeric (numeric should be for stats) while using good grammar. You will notice most Posts here are written without the use of 'chopped words', excessive smilies, slang, dialect(s) or Teeny Bopper scribbles. As an example "2" should not be substituted for "to" or "u" for "you". See Constructive Posting Policy.

Post Date: 29th Aug, 2009 - 1:16am / Post ID: #

Heavy Metal & Punk
    A Friend

Heavy Metal & Punk Movies Music Fashion & Sports - Page 7

I like heavy metal and punk in general but there are a lot of little distinctions. I don't like the low guttural growling type of screaming like Cannibal Corpse for heavy metal and I don't like the nasal whines of pop-punk bands like Plain White Ts. Overall, like someone already mentioned, I don't really choose music based on genre. I mostly just listen to what I like and if I hear something new and I like it, I'll check it out.

+  « First of 9 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 9 

> TOPIC: Heavy Metal & Punk

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
    ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
    Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
    This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,