Heavy Metal & Punk - Page 8 of 9

I like Billy Idol and some heavy metal bands - Page 8 - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 22nd Dec, 2010 - 8:47pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 9 pgs.  4 5 6 7 8 9 
Is this really music or just noise?
Heavy Metal & Punk Related Information to Heavy Metal & Punk
  • Gothic Music
  • Goth Teens
  • Goth Movies
  • Goth / Gothic - Word Development
  • Goth Fashion - Will it ever be popular?
  • The Goth Culture - As a Religion?
  • Sterotyped
  • Body Piercings & Tattoos - (Requires Mature Status)
  • 13th Jul, 2010 - 3:08pm / Post ID: #

Heavy Metal & Punk - Page 8

Never liked it! I find it extremely irritating and noisy. I enjoy soft music, an occasional rock band but not heavy metal.

Sponsored Links:
    Post Date: 24th Jul, 2010 - 10:49pm / Post ID: #

Heavy Metal & Punk
    A Friend

Punk and Metal Heavy

Pretty much all I listen to is Heavy Metal, particularly Black Metal. That's usually played with very fast tempos, distorted guitars mainly using tremolo picking and with shrieked vocals, very unconventional song structures with blast beat drumming. It can be very angry music and disturbing but the better bands (Mayhem, Blut Aus Nord, Krieg, Watain & Horna just to name a few of my favourites) can almost hypnotise you.
    I find the music very cathartic. I let the music be angry and I feel the release.
    Death metal is (despite the name) just a bit of gross fun. Bands like Cannibal Corpse or Bloodbath are just playing dumb horror stories with blindingly fast guitar work.

25th Jul, 2010 - 3:45am / Post ID: #

Heavy Metal & Punk Sports & Fashion Music Movies

I like punk music a lot. Especially the darker stuff with a forboding sound. Sometimes all I hear on the radio is commercial lady music. It's nice to hear some harder stuff sometimes. Like just real gritty pulse pounding metal or really dark depressing stuff, I like that and can relate.

Rather off topic, but...
    By the way if you get a chance listen to Billy Idols song, Eyes Without a Face it is one of my favorites right now. Also do some searching on the band Joy Division, they were reportedly the first punk band and have a real interesting history.

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 25th Jul, 2010 - 4:03am

27th Jul, 2010 - 12:25am / Post ID: #

Page 8 Punk and Metal Heavy

I like some of Billy Idol however because I live such a stressful life, I prefer soft music that can sooth me rather than get me more hyper.

Post Date: 14th Aug, 2010 - 11:43am / Post ID: #

Heavy Metal & Punk
    A Friend

Punk and Metal Heavy

All music is noise to someone else.

Personally, I've been on a Doom Metal kick for the past few days, and man oh man, it is intense! I would link you to some songs, but unfortunately, this site says 'NO' to youtube linking. Otherwise, you would all get an earful of awesome.

Sorry guys. But, I can list off some bands...best I can do, right? wink.gif

Pagan Altar(I personally recommend 'Black Mass'), Witchcraft(Try looking for the song 'Her Sisters they were weak'), Doomsword, Electric Wizard, Hour of 13, Sixty Watt Shaman, Sleep, Abysmal Grief, heck, even Jex Thoth would apply here. In fact, gonna listen to Jex Thoth right now.

But anyway, Metal until I die. Rock out, people.

24th Oct, 2010 - 7:14am / Post ID: #

Heavy Metal & Punk

Don't mind a little bit of punk not so much into heavy metal.

In the 80's I was very keen on the The Stranglers, a new age semi punk band....

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
    27th Oct, 2010 - 3:35am / Post ID: #

Heavy Metal & Punk - Page 8

I love punk and heavy metal and do agree that it can help me wind down if I am super pissed, its also good to help you get ramped up if I'm working out or getting ready to stick fight or do some heavy bag work.

Post Date: 22nd Dec, 2010 - 8:47pm / Post ID: #

Heavy Metal & Punk
    A Friend

Heavy Metal & Punk Movies Music Fashion & Sports - Page 8

I like Billy Idol and some heavy metal bands of the 80's like Night Ranger and the like. Now I like smooth jazz especially guitar and rock guitar instrumentalists like Joe Satriani and Steve Vai.

+  « First of 9 pgs.  4 5 6 7 8 9 

> TOPIC: Heavy Metal & Punk

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
    ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
    Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
    This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,