Illegals In The USA - Page 5 of 20

The current bill sponsored by Ted Kennedy - Page 5 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 30th Mar, 2006 - 3:23pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (20) »
US Illegal Immigrants Security risk - they are working at airports, nuclear power plants and key areas! Illegal Immigration.
Illegals In The USA Related Information to Illegals In The USA
Post Date: 12th Mar, 2006 - 3:54pm / Post ID: #

Illegals In The USA
A Friend

Illegals In The USA - Page 5

There are a lot of crimes committed by illegals. I doubt if their crime rate is any higher than any other group relative to its socio-economic position. This issue is a political football. Politicians say they will get tough on illegals because it gets them votes. I believe there is no way to stop it. There is no reform that will satisfy the public. It is said, but the truth is that the statuesque works. We get their labor without providing citizenship. It is like Kuwait: very few citizens and lots of migrant workers.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 29th Mar, 2006 - 10:56am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

USA The Illegals

WHO ARE THE ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS?

The profile -- young men sneaking across the U.S. border to find jobs and send money home to their families -- is far from complete.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2006/US/03/28/who.are.I...s.ap/index.html

29th Mar, 2006 - 2:18pm / Post ID: #

Illegals In The USA History & Civil Business Politics

Here are a couple of commentaries about the "protests" from this weekend. I have been called a racist because I want the borders to be tightly controlled, with legal immigration increased. I think you might see that the protests contained REAL racism.

https://www.townhall.com/opinion/columns/mi.../29/191685.html
Racism gets a whitewash

Well, this weekend, militant racism from another protected minority group was on full display. But you wouldn't know it from press accounts that whitewashed or buried the protesters' virulent anti-American hatred.

An estimated 500,000 to 2 million people, untold numbers of them here illegally, took to the streets of Los Angeles to protest strict immigration enforcement and demand blanket amnesty for border violators, visa overstayers, deportation fugitives, immigration document fraud artists and other lawbreakers. Mexican flags and signs advocating ethnic separatism and supremacy filled the landscape. Demonstrators gleefully defaced posters of President Bush and urged supporters to "Stop the Nazis!" Los Angeles talk show host Tammy Bruce reported that protesters burned American flags and waved placards of the North American continent with America crossed out.

Bet you didn't see that on television.

One of the largest, boldest banners visible from aerial shots of the rally read: "THIS IS STOLEN LAND." Others blared: "CHICANO POWER" and "BROWN IS BEAUTIFUL." (Can you imagine the uproar if someone had come to the rally holding up a sign reading "WHITE IS BEAUTIFUL"?) Thugs with masked faces flashed gang signs on the steps of L.A.'s City Hall. Students walked out of classrooms all across Southern California chanting, "Latinos, stand up!" Young people raised their fists in defiance, clothed in T-shirts bearing radical leftist guerrilla Che Guevara's face and Aztlan emblems.

Aztlan is a long-held notion among Mexico's intellectual elite and political class, which asserts that the American Southwest rightly belongs to Mexico. Advocates believe the reclamation (or reconquista) of Aztlan will occur through sheer demographic force. If the rallies across the country are any indication, reconquista is already complete.
On Monday, Los Angeles hosted an enormous protest over proposed immigration reforms. Smaller - but still large - rallies were held in several other cities. Organizers were eager to cast the events as deeply patriotic affairs. Marchers were urged to carry American flags and chant things like "We are Americans."

But, as the inestimable blogger Mickey Kaus noted, the organizers couldn't fine-tune their message (though they could count on the mainstream media to help as much as possible). Thousands of Mexicans and Mexican-Americans - of no doubt varied immigration status - carried Mexican flags. "If you said 'Mexican flag' every time you saw a Mexican flag," Kaus writes, "you never stopped talking." Some carried signs saying that the United States stole Mexican land.

I have long known about the Aztlan concept. Mexico considers illegal immigration into the US to be a very good thing. There is a strong movement in Southern California, Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas, to get hispanic politicians into office, and make those states more like Mexico, politically. Thus, we see an American Palestine problem in the making. IMO.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

29th Mar, 2006 - 8:55pm / Post ID: #

Page 5 USA The Illegals

I do not understand very much the source of all these protests. If there are illegal immigrants in the US (like in any other country) what are they protesting about? If they are not even legal in the country, how can they possible think they have any sort of rights? In my opinion, any illegal immigrant should be deported. Maybe I am too harsh taking in considerations the circumsntances and personal situations of these people in their own countries but by the other side, it is not the USA's fault and they have no obligation whatsoever to support them financially or legally in any way. I am not in agreement also to use the "racism flag" everytime it is convenient. Nobody should be above the law and it has nothing to do with skin color.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

30th Mar, 2006 - 12:22am / Post ID: #

USA The Illegals

That is the whole thing. Many of the protestors throughout the country were illegals. Others were illegals who were given amnesty. Many others, especially in Los Angeles, were Reconquistas, who want to make the Southwest part of Mexico.

They are, of course, aided and abetted by the liberal Left. There are so many Reconquistas in the education system in California, that a very large percentage of students (high school and college) believe that the US stole California, and that Mexico is perfectly within its rights to conquer it by sending illegals in.

Most of the rest of the US don't understand what is going on there. But people who live in, or have lived in, California have seen this building up for a long time. And the Democrats in California appear to want it to happen.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

30th Mar, 2006 - 10:44am / Post ID: #

Illegals In The USA

I have to say I applaud the way the US treats its illegal population. I also believe there is certainly scope for tightening up US borders, I heard you have 11 million illegals! That is massive, over half the population of Australia.

At least you guys don't imprison your illegals for up to 6 years! Those protestors should try to arrive by boat in Australia and see how they are treated before they complain.

International Level: Negotiator / Political Participation: 453 ActivistPoliticianNegotiator 45.3%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
30th Mar, 2006 - 3:03pm / Post ID: #

Illegals The USA - Page 5

Some of the quotes that I read from the school kids who were protesting shows that they have no idea what the real issue is. They think they are protesting racism, when the issue is illegal border crossing.

As a California resident, I see every day the effects of illegal immigration. There are certain areas of town where illegals will gather to wait for work -- employers will sweep by with a pickup truck and point to who they want, "You, you, and you, get in the truck." There can be as few as 10 and as many as 100 men on any given day standing on a street corner or in a vacant lot waiting. There are no bathroom facilities, they just pick a place and do their business. They bring food and leave their trash all over. They are there for hours and hours, from early morning until afternoon.

When I used to be a property manager, we had a huge problem with illegals either moving in with their relatives, or they get someone legal to do all the paperwork for them who never actually lives in the rented property. There are limits to how many people can live in a rented home, the rule is 2 people per bedroom, plus 1. So a two bedroom house could have up to 5 people. Well, we would find (on routine inspections) 10 to 15 people living in one bedroom homes. When they move out, the house would be filthy, full of roaches and fleas, plumbing problems gone unchecked because they don't want to have anyone come in to fix it and find out they are all illegal, etc. Once I found a gas pipe hooked to the oven that someone had patched with *aluminum foil*.

This may or may not be offtopic: One of my biggest problems (aside from the political and financial aspects) with people coming to this country is that they don't learn the language. If I were going to another country to live permanently, I would learn how to speak the country's language -- French, German, Swedish, whatever -- before I left my own country. In Los Angeles, if you go to the drive-through for fast food, you are greeted in Spanish. I've been to restaurants where none of the servers actually speak English at all! The banks have *all* their signs in Spanish. Coupons mass-mailed by major manufacturers to Los Angeles addresses are printed in Spanish. All public schools in California have (or used to have) a program called English as a Second Language (or ESL) to help immigrant kids learn to speak English, and teach them the curriculum mainly in Spanish. All public schools print school notices in English on one side of the page, and Spanish on the other.

It's a huge problem that is not being addressed.

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

30th Mar, 2006 - 3:23pm / Post ID: #

Illegals The USA Politics Business Civil & History - Page 5

The current bill sponsored by Ted Kennedy and John McCain, which will in essence allow illegals to pay a fine and apply for citizenship is not the answer, in my opinion. Giving illegals the opportunity to become legal AFTER illegally crossing the US borders is only opening the door for more and more illegals to enter this country. At the moment, illegals come here hoping not to get caught, and get employed somewhere, similar to what FarSeer discussed in her last post. If this bill passes, then illegals will be coming here with the hopes of not being caught, and applying to US citizenship. With that comes marriage and naturalization laws, etc, so the effects are going to be enormous. Now is it not only one person who has crossed the border, but his/her entire family can now be considered US citizens and come across freely. Tightening of border, firmer INS enforcement, and yes, I said it, deportation, needs to be enacted to curb the flood of illegal immigrants. That and way better regulations of employers who are contributing to the problem by hiring illegals and paying them next to nothing. These people should be heavily fined and imprisoned as well. The points that FarSeer made is evidence enough that the south-western parts of the US are slowly becoming Mexico #2, and some serious actions need to be taken to curb the problem NOW.

International Level: Envoy / Political Participation: 241 ActivistPoliticianEnvoy 24.1%

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (20) »

> TOPIC: Illegals In The USA

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,