Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago - Page 15 of 23

Name: Guen Comments: Is it possible for any - Page 15 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 15th Aug, 2011 - 9:44pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 23 pgs.  11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19  ...Latest (23) »
What is going on here? I am amazed at the articles I read every day when I pull up the Express newspaper online. What really hurt me when I read this article was the poor boy who had to watch this happen to his mother. Is it really this bad now?
Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago Related Information to Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago
Post Date: 18th Jun, 2011 - 5:59pm / Post ID: #

Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago - Page 15

Name: Spence

Comments: I did not imagine that I would have to provide examples to justify my remarks "there are many reasons to believe good will triumph over evil" I thought that this was universally accepted. Since I now know that even this is in question, I have acquired a sense of understanding of the current mindset of some in society. My confidence is based on my belief in The Christian Bible and that this belief is the constant theme of all books of faith. Personal incidents in my own life have also re-enforced this belief.

Freedom is never free. Our society is in shambles due to crime and fixing it requires the efforts of all. The problem is that we all expect someone else to pick up the tab for us. Think about the many innocent crime victims, they did nothing to provoke a attack, yet they are targeted. Are you sure that testifying as a witness really increases the chances of an attack? we as responsible citizens do not know when an opportunity or challenge to test our sense civil duty will present itself. It could be an easy test such as helping someone to cross the road or returning found property to its rightful owner. Or it may be the big one; having witnessed a crime, giving a statement to the POLICE, attending court at each postponement and testifying as clearly and honestly as you can. The fact of the matter is, our failure to do your civil duty may result in the next murder, this should not depart from our minds, never.

Sponsored Links:
18th Jun, 2011 - 7:31pm / Post ID: #

Tobago and Trinidad Crime Violent

Spence:

international QUOTE
The fact of the matter is, our failure to do your civil duty may result in the next murder, this should not depart from our minds, never.

That's true but not in the way you're seeing it. In the case of my friend, he became the next murder victim after he testified against the criminals. Where was the police to protect him?

Post Date: 25th Jun, 2011 - 10:44pm / Post ID: #

Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Comments: Caribs78. Are we so easily defeated? Do we surrender after the first soldier fall on the battle field? I mean no disrespect to your friend but he would have died in vain if the values that he stood for were now totally abandoned by those he left behind. Shouldn't the loss of a friend stiffen our resolve to rid society of murderers? As things stand presently, one does not have to be a witness, a gangster or owe drug money to be targeted by criminals. All one has to do is forget a door to your home or car open and the risk of you being victimized is just as high as if you were a witness. Come on nation, we are better than this. Lets all stand together and retake our communities!

26th Jun, 2011 - 12:09am / Post ID: #

Page 15 Tobago and Trinidad Crime Violent

Spence you know what man? I have no problem with your suggestion and reasoning but the issue here isn't about just people coming out and trying to testify against these fellas but a whole society change...from the police willing to PROTECT these people who will testify (so they won't get murdered like my friend) to the courts where things can be done at the speed that needs to be done. So if one does the part and the other doesn't, the whole system fails and crumbles...and people suffer.

12th Jul, 2011 - 1:07pm / Post ID: #

Tobago and Trinidad Crime Violent

Imagine three people dead and three others injured during the last weekend. What the heck is going on? It is reported that several senior police officers met in an emergency meeting yesterday to brainstorm new anti-crime plans...so is it because whatever they're doing isn't working? If so, how come we're paying big bucks to the Commissioner of Police who obviously seem clueless at handling crime?

Post Date: 1st Aug, 2011 - 11:11pm / Post ID: #

Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago

Comments: In Trinidad when a careless driver crashes, we blame the road. If someone drowns we blame the water and if our child does not live up to expectation, we blame the teacher. We find it really difficult to do self-examination and claim responsibility for our actions when the end result is unpleasant. So it is no surprise that we blame POLICE or the Government for crime. No thought is given to the parents of these criminals who failed to teach them the correct values or the previous crime victim who refused to testify in court because it was inconvenient or immoral lawyer who taught him to lie his way out of trouble. The fact that new plans are devised to deal with crime should be applauded as it shows the determination of these officers to overcome the problem. We should join their efforts rather than ridicule them.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
15th Aug, 2011 - 2:23am / Post ID: #

Violent Crime Trinidad & Tobago - Page 15

Plans are good IF they are enforced and expedited but the real fact is they are often not taken seriously or just done on occasion. Its like the enforcement of the PBR, you can't have police only on certain times of the day because the moment they leave what happens... All the illegal drivers use it. Same thing with the violent criminals... They can count on the police not showing up in time so they carry out their crimes without fear.

Post Date: 15th Aug, 2011 - 9:44pm / Post ID: #

Violent Crime Trinidad & Tobago Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 15

Name: Guen

Comments: Is it possible for any supervisor to be vigilant 24/7? Could you reasonably expect a perpetual police presence at any given location anywhere in the world? Are you saying that without police presence violators of the law are to be excused? It seems to me that no blame is ever placed where it should rightfully be placed. On law breakers! The truth is that we ourselves breach the law at different levels, whether traffic or litter laws. Only GOD is always present, no human could achieve this, thus the absence of police should not be considered an excuse if someone decides to commit a crime. Blame the criminal for crime, not the police!

> TOPIC: Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,