Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago - Page 4 of 23

Well I am a Trini who has always lived in - Page 4 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 5th Apr, 2006 - 4:15pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (23) »
What is going on here? I am amazed at the articles I read every day when I pull up the Express newspaper online. What really hurt me when I read this article was the poor boy who had to watch this happen to his mother. Is it really this bad now?
Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago Related Information to Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago
28th Mar, 2006 - 11:51pm / Post ID: #

Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago - Page 4

Right you are Malexander, I am continually amazed by people who want to return here to live unless of course where you are at is somehow worst, but in all honesty - if I were established in the US, Canada or Europe I would not even think about coming to Trinidad to live - it is too risky - literally.

Sponsored Links:
29th Mar, 2006 - 12:20am / Post ID: #

Tobago and Trinidad Crime Violent

To be frank, JB, I would not even entertain the idea of returning to Trinidad to live. I am having a hard enough time figuring out if I should visit. I too read the Express newspaper online and what gets to me is the barbaric nature of the crimes that are committed in T&T. I am not saying other countries such as the US are immune to the heinous type crimes, but it seems that most of the crimes committed in T&T are very heinous and primitive for lack of a better word.

29th Mar, 2006 - 12:37am / Post ID: #

Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Yes, I believe there are about 102 murders to date for the year and this is March 28, 2006 on a tiny island. Can you tell me which State in the US has such a murder rate as big as this?

29th Mar, 2006 - 2:41am / Post ID: #

Page 4 Tobago and Trinidad Crime Violent

That is indeed a staggering number, JB! What I can tell you is that in 2005, the city of Philadelphia, which has a population of 1,517,550 had 176 murders in the entire year. I am guessing the population of T&T is about the same, so the number you quoted would be very alarming indeed.

29th Mar, 2006 - 2:44am / Post ID: #

Tobago and Trinidad Crime Violent

Actually, the population of Trinidad and Tobago combined is about 1.1 million and change, so that makes your estimate even worst for us. We have even been compared with Colombia now and there are many travel advisories against tourists coming here. See other Threads posted within this Board about silly / ridiculous measures being taken by the government for this.

29th Mar, 2006 - 2:49am / Post ID: #

Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago

Malexander, actually Trinidad's population is 1,088,644 (July 2005 est.) This is such a tiny island and the number of murders is growing tremendously. I bet you tomorrow morning when I go to work, I will hear in the maxi taxi's radio another murder that may take place tonight. It's scary. The Prime Minister said several times he does not see the need of an state of emergency*shaking head* the guy obviously does not live here or what?

Update: Police statistics show that more people have been murdered in the first quarter of 2006 than in the corresponding period of any year since 2000.
For the first three months of this year, the murder toll is six times that of the same period in 2000, bringing the 2006 statistics 20 per cent higher than last year's.

Reconcile Edited: LDS_forever on 1st Apr, 2006 - 2:44pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 4th Apr, 2006 - 4:33pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Violent Crime Trinidad & Tobago - Page 4

Good day !

I feel bad....my little boy wants to come to Trinidad really bad, but I keep saying no.

I want him to see and know his culture, but I am to scared right now.

Maybe Tobago, bad thing is my family is all from Diego Martin, which is a REALLY high crime area now.

I remember we used to lime and not have a care in the world!

Message Edited!
PLEASE read our Constructive Posting rules. You cannot write in dialect here! This is an International Forum. Use spellchecker before posting.

Reconcile Edited: LDS_forever on 4th Apr, 2006 - 4:38pm

Post Date: 5th Apr, 2006 - 4:15pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Violent Crime Trinidad & Tobago Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 4

Well I am a Trini who has always lived in Trinidad and while the crime situation is at a dangerous level I cant see myself living anywhere esle. Things are bad but if everyone decides to pack up and leave what would be left of our sweet Trinbago. Call me what you may but this Trini ain't going nowhere, I intend to do whatever must be done in order to get my country back in order.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (23) »

> TOPIC: Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,