Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago - Page 6 of 23

QUOTE (Savetnt) Thanks JB at least someone - Page 6 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 12th Nov, 2006 - 10:54pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 23 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  ...Latest (23) »
What is going on here? I am amazed at the articles I read every day when I pull up the Express newspaper online. What really hurt me when I read this article was the poor boy who had to watch this happen to his mother. Is it really this bad now?
Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago Related Information to Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago
Post Date: 12th Nov, 2006 - 7:52pm / Post ID: #

Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago
A Friend

Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago - Page 6

It's a sad state of affairs. For T&T to truly develop folks need to start cooperating. There is a lack of unity among the population and with these divisions NOTHING CAN EVER WORK. We need to get out of our comfort zones and stop saying that will never happen to me. Then when it does happen to you,you will be the first one to go seek revenge, when from the beginning you were given the opportunity to make a difference: BY SIMPLY GETTING TOGETHER TO COME UP WITH SOLUTIONS THAT WILL AT LEAST HELP IN PACIFYING THE SITUATION. NEGATIVITY ONLY CORRUPTS THE SYSTEM MORE THAN IT ALREADY IS.

Sponsored Links:
12th Nov, 2006 - 8:23pm / Post ID: #

Tobago and Trinidad Crime Violent

NEGATIVITY ONLY CORRUPTS THE SYSTEM MORE THAN IT ALREADY IS.

What do you exactly mean by this?

12th Nov, 2006 - 8:33pm / Post ID: #

Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

QUOTE (Savetnt)
Then when it does happen to you,you will be the first one to go seek revenge, when from the beginning you were given the opportunity to make a difference:

You know, we have been saying that a lot in this Thread, in fact I believed I used that line too where it does not happen to them so they do not care, but I have found that I spoken to many people who have been affected directly by crime - serious crime at that and they still do nothing! It is a state of mentality, a cultural mindset where they wish to drink, party, jump up for carnival and yet still have someone else take care of educating them, feeding them, and making the country more prosperous.

Rather off topic, but...
Do type in all caps - it is like shouting. You may wish to use the bold tag or underline tag for emphasis sometimes.

Post Date: 12th Nov, 2006 - 8:58pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 6 Tobago and Trinidad Crime Violent

When some folks come up with solutions, others say that's not going to work because of X, Y and Z factors. In other words they hold this negative view that the situation as it is cannot be solved with the ideas you provided and become passive approvers of the exiting criminal activities around them. Take for example the program that I launched on October 17th "Let's Make a Difference-Save T&T. Many have already signed the online petition, but there was one individual who received word of it, but decided to communicate his concerns about whether I have a feasible plan after the signatures are collected because he has seen many other groups step forward and have not heard from them since then. While I understand this person's concerns, the approach of this program would build on what others have not done, therefore judging before anything comes to fruit shows that WE HAVE RESIGN OURSELVES TO THE FACT THAT NOTHING CAN BE DONE WITHOUT EVEN TESTING THE WATERS. From there I went on to ask the individual if he had any suggestions to offer and his reply was simply "I HAVE NO FEASIBLE LAWS RIGHT NOW." As the saying goes "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

12th Nov, 2006 - 9:16pm / Post ID: #

Tobago and Trinidad Crime Violent

QUOTE (Savetnt)
From there I went on to ask the individual if he had any suggestions to offer and his reply was simply "I HAVE NO FEASIBLE LAWS RIGHT NOW." As the saying goes "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

Why did he use the word 'laws'? You were asking for laws to help curb crime? I have been saying that the laws are only one part of the problem, but the bigger issue is the culture - it is not easy to change, but that is what needs to be changed. You can have hundreds of laws enacted and no one take any of them seriously. In fact, many believe that if our current laws were enforced then there would be a big reduction in crime.

Rather off topic, but...
Please review the point I made above about the use of uppercase letters - thanks.

12th Nov, 2006 - 9:24pm / Post ID: #

When some folks come up with solutions, others say that's not going to work because of X, Y and Z factors. In other words they hold this negative view that the situation as it is cannot be solved with the ideas you provided and become passive approvers of the exiting criminal activities around them

I understand what you are trying to say but how disagreeing with your proposal makes them approvers of the existing criminal activity in the country?. Let me give you an example. The Government of Trinidad and Tobago I am pretty sure believes that the measures they are taken against crime are enough or at least "helping" the situation. Obviously (based on statitistics) is not working, now I disagree with some of those measures but I do not think that it makes me an approver of the crime in this country. In other words, I understand the need for solutions rather than critics but I think a realistic view of the situation and a deep analysis on the root of the problem need to be analysed first before finding solutions.

The problem I see here as a foreigner in T &T, is not so much the crime itself but the type of crime we have. (Domestic-violence related, sexual abuse of kids, etc). We are talking about a "cultural mindset" that needs to change in order for anything to make any type of improvement.

Are we going to ask the typical Trinidadian to stop fetting and drinking, buying pirate copies of music or movies, ask some of the women and men to behave themselves during Carnival season? This is what I am talking about. The "mentality" of a Banana Republic must change, the "anything goes" must change. The change is definitely within each one of us as individuals, parents, wives and husbands. The issue is: How to achieve this as a nation?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 12th Nov, 2006 - 10:16pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Violent Crime Trinidad & Tobago - Page 6

Thanks JB at least someone understands. There are many issues to deal with besides laws. It's the Trinbagonian mentality. We need to get on some serious issues When people hear about Trinidad and Tobago first thing comes to mind is party and Carnival.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Please do not use ALL CAPS for your messages, it does not get your message across any better and is often seen as shouting.

12th Nov, 2006 - 10:54pm / Post ID: #

Violent Crime Trinidad & Tobago Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 6

QUOTE (Savetnt)
Thanks JB at least someone understands.

You will be surprised or maybe you already know that violence lives normally in most households in Trinidad. The way men treat their women, the women treat their children and the children treat each other is so aggressive. It does not have to begin with an actual criminal act, it begins with the simple words that we use in daily communication. This is the first cultural change that needs to be made - respect for one another.

Rather off topic, but...
You will note that unlike many of the other Forums out there, we focus on serious issues rather than the nonsense. How many Trinis do you see posting in this Board - not many. No, they are not interested in Discussing the burning issues, no they are interested in the nonsense - violence or no violence. You may even read some Threads here where they fight against cultural change - how stupid they are to allow close mindedness to control their lives and thought processes.

> TOPIC: Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,