Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago - Page 7 of 23

Thank you at last someone is thinking the - Page 7 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 13th Nov, 2006 - 1:14am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 23 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  ...Latest (23) »
What is going on here? I am amazed at the articles I read every day when I pull up the Express newspaper online. What really hurt me when I read this article was the poor boy who had to watch this happen to his mother. Is it really this bad now?
Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago Related Information to Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago
Post Date: 12th Nov, 2006 - 11:08pm / Post ID: #

Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago
A Friend

Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago - Page 7

LDS I understand your point.

Rather off topic, but...
JB sorry for the CAPS, you confused me when you kept emphasizing that the bold is there and did not state about the CAPS.

While we are trying to get laws passed, we also need to get the existing laws enforced and work as citizens within our homes to build our value system. There has been a breakdown of moral and spiritual values in T&T. I believe it all begins at home. If a parent does correct his child, then that parent is blatantly telling this child that his conduct is acceptable and he can go out into society with that behavior. Then this child enters the school system and when he is being corrected by his teacher he wants to know why his actions are not being condoned. This is where cooperation comes in. So we can blame the Government, the System and all other aspects of society, but if we do not start the training at home, these issues will continue to exist. We are famous talkers, but ineffective walkers.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Please use offtopic tags when Discussing something not related to the subject.

Sponsored Links:
12th Nov, 2006 - 11:30pm / Post ID: #

Tobago and Trinidad Crime Violent

QUOTE (Savetnt)
If a parent does correct his child, then that parent is blatantly telling this child that his conduct is acceptable and he can go out into society with that behavior.

You mean if a parent doesn't correct his child?

Correcting children is one thing, but it is no use correcting your child with violence and then expecting that they not use violence when they go out into society. The key word here, and it may seem cheesy, but it is not - love is the key. If parents can really love their children then they will not be producing criminals everyday.

Post Date: 13th Nov, 2006 - 12:02am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Rather off topic, but...
Yes I mean if a parent doesn't correct a child.

Yes the key is love, but if you love your child you will ensure that he/she does the correct thing.

Correcting children is one thing, but it is no use correcting your child with violence

What do you mean by this? How does violence come into correcting your child?

13th Nov, 2006 - 12:09am / Post ID: #

Page 7 Tobago and Trinidad Crime Violent

QUOTE (Savetnt)
How does violence come into correcting your child?

I see it all the time, and worst of all in public. Here is an example... a mother is walking with her child, a little girl about 2-3 years of age, and the child does some silly thing like suck her finger or keep asking for something and the response of the mother in public is (without the use of dialect): "Take your hand out of your mouth or I will bust your face" or maybe "Don't do that! I will cough you in your head". We are talking about a 2-3 year old. You can see them pulling them and moving their children as though they are rag dolls. I believe we discuss this more in-depth somewhere else, possibly in the Mature Board under Heinous Crimes.

13th Nov, 2006 - 12:13am / Post ID: #

Tobago and Trinidad Crime Violent

Yes the key is love, but if you love your child you will ensure that he/she does the correct thing

You cannot really "ensure" that they do the right thing. You teach them good principles and they will decide for themselves how to act upon those things that have been taught to them.

What do you mean by this? How does violence come into correcting your child?

Since you are a Trini, I am sure you are well aware that physical punishment is the number one method of discipline used by parents to correct their child, let me also add cussing and very harsh words used towards children. Beating up your kids while young and then pretending to know why the kid turned up the way he did is beyond me. Parents need to take responsibility that MOST of the time, the crimes their children commit are nothing more than the consequence of lack or poor parenting skills.

Post Date: 13th Nov, 2006 - 12:28am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Ok I see your points. This brings another issue into play "Children are having children." Do you think that a teenager is capable of handling the responsibilities of parenthood? Certainly not. Most of these teenagers end up single parents, and these children are a remainder of their fathers. As I said before, there has been a breakdown of spiritual and moral values.

Another issue is the parents let the situation get out of control, where they give the child an inch and this child ends up taking 40 yards. Then after the child treads those 40 yards the parent comes back to attend to the issue. At this point it's too late.

What are some of the steps you"ll have to offer in correcting a child?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
13th Nov, 2006 - 12:53am / Post ID: #

Violent Crime Trinidad & Tobago - Page 7

I see a society full of adults blaming children. Everytime you hear in the news that a guy was murdered and he was into some sort of crime, the first thing you see are the mothers crying saying "I do not know how this happened to my child, he was a good boy". They live in a state of absolute denial.

Let's look at the example of the guy who was arrested for raping, sodomizing, torturing and killing a 13 years old boy, the guy was attacked in prison and they almost killed him, yet the mother of this "monster" was asking for mercy for her child stating that "he does not deserve that" and "my child would never do something like that". We are blaming the kids for the crime situation in this country but the parents need once and for all open the eyes and take full responsibility for what they have been teaching or no teaching to these children.

Rather off topic, but...
What are some of the steps you"ll have to offer in correcting a child?

You may want to discuss this issue on this thread:

https://www.bordeglobal.com/foruminv/index....topic=5718&st=0

It deals specifically with Spanking and Physical Punishment in the country. You may want to add your question there and your input on the matter.

Reconcile Edited: LDS_forever on 13th Nov, 2006 - 1:00am

Post Date: 13th Nov, 2006 - 1:14am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Violent Crime Trinidad & Tobago Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 7

Thank you at last someone is thinking the way I am. The parents always say that their child was a "good boy". It's really sad, yet disturbing for folks to act like if they are bringing up angels and their kids are never involved in any illegal activities. For example, there are many parents out there who know their children are involved in drugs, yet they prefer to sit back and share in the wealth, instead of speaking to their children about the grave consequences of drug dealing and finding a legal means of living. I also read that article you are speaking about with this mother appealing for protection for the guy who killed the 13 year old boy. Words cannot express how I felt when I saw this news.

But the sad thing about this whole picture is you cannot speak to these parents because they won't want to hear the truth.

I actually wrote a poem about this same thing. It is titled Passage of Time and it deals with the transformation that Trinidad and Tobago has undergone since my birth in the early 1980s when one could have lived life with ease and not be concerned about being the next victim of the senseless killing spree unfolding in the nation today.

Rather off topic, but...
Where can I post this poem?

> TOPIC: Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,