Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago - Page 8 of 23

When I saw that on tv last night I was sick - Page 8 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 13th Nov, 2006 - 9:07pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 23 pgs.  4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12  ...Latest (23) »
What is going on here? I am amazed at the articles I read every day when I pull up the Express newspaper online. What really hurt me when I read this article was the poor boy who had to watch this happen to his mother. Is it really this bad now?
Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago Related Information to Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago
Post Date: 13th Nov, 2006 - 3:16am / Post ID: #

Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago
A Friend

Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago - Page 8

Hey guys, love the discussion going on, here's my two cents, with the original post it was about children who turn to crime, and that it should start in the home with parents correcting their children.

To be honest I would have to say this is a small solution for and much larger issue.

What we are assuming is that every child has responsible parents or every child has parents who are still alive or parents who are around. How do we reach these groups or others in dysfunctional families. Which I would point out is a high risk groups who are usually the ones who are primarily involved in crime.

There is certainly no shortage of kids who undiciplined in Trinidad, save to rod, spoil the child attitude...

But who are the ones that do turn to a life of crime?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 13th Nov, 2006 - 4:09am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Tobago and Trinidad Crime Violent

But who are the ones that do turn to a life of crime?

I totally agree with you. I think we need to look into the backgrounds of those who commit these crimes and do some research about what triggers these actions in these individuals.

Post Date: 13th Nov, 2006 - 4:37pm / Post ID: #

Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

To date, the number of known murders in Trinidad and Tobago for the year 2006 is 328.

13th Nov, 2006 - 4:50pm / Post ID: #

Page 8 Tobago and Trinidad Crime Violent

Unbelievable! It is not only a big number for such a small island but also the kind of crimes committed are getting worst, particularly towards children. I am a mother of two small children and that concerns me greatly, to the point that I do not trust anyone with my kids, "friends" or aquaintances. My kids will never know what a a sleep over a friend house will be like, not at all! And they will not travel alone, period. I will take them and bring them back wherever they need to go. I am not taking any chances whatsoever. They can call me paranoid, but I do not feel safe in this country, therefore I would take any extreme measures that are necessary to keep my kids safe.

Reconcile Edited: LDS_forever on 13th Nov, 2006 - 4:52pm

Post Date: 13th Nov, 2006 - 4:58pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Tobago and Trinidad Crime Violent

If we do not feel safe in a country, we need to address these issues. But folks prefer to live in fear for the rest of their lives because of a few individuals. The more we sit back, the more the situation escalates. We need to get into every institution of our society and start identifying the problems. Laws are one thing, but there are also flaws in education. Not everyone is academically geared, some folks may be skilled with their hands, others may be masters in sciences or the arts. What happens to those folks when the curriculum is telling them they need to be well-rounded in areas that they can hardly move fro level one?

13th Nov, 2006 - 5:09pm / Post ID: #

Savetnt, we have several pages of Threads here (within the Trinidad & Tobago Board) each dealing with very specific Topics that leads up to why there is Violent Crime in this Country. I suggest you look at the other Threads also and give outlines for change / input there as we have already established that there needs to be a change within this Thread.

Rather off topic, but...
We also cover the most Heinous Crimes within the Mature section where there is more detail that may offend others - it will be necessary for you to Upgrade to see that section.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
13th Nov, 2006 - 6:25pm / Post ID: #

Violent Crime Trinidad & Tobago - Page 8

Since I was talking about the type of crimes committed, this is what I was referring to. Just an example from the Express today:

Murder victim stabbed, suffocated

Two years after he was robbed, abducted and beaten, a 48-year-old businessman was tortured to death at his home.

Mathura Gunness was discovered at his Joyce Road Extension, Perseverance Village, Chaguanas home on Saturday evening.

A plastic bag was wrapped around his head and his body bore several stab wounds, police said.

His common-law wife, Zorida Harrilal, found the corpse inside a bedroom. The Express was told that Gunness dropped off Harrilal at her workplace on Friday morning. She spent the night at a relative's house and returned around 4 p.m. on Saturday, after neighbours told her that the doors were opened and her husband's car was not in the garage, police said....

13th Nov, 2006 - 9:07pm / Post ID: #

Violent Crime Trinidad & Tobago Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 8

When I saw that on tv last night I was sick to my stomach. The poor guy was kidnapped and beaten before and now he has to die like this what is this country coming to?

> TOPIC: Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,