Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago - Page 10 of 23

Sometimes you wonder if there are NOT good - Page 10 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 22nd Apr, 2007 - 8:16pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 23 pgs.  6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14  ...Latest (23) »
What is going on here? I am amazed at the articles I read every day when I pull up the Express newspaper online. What really hurt me when I read this article was the poor boy who had to watch this happen to his mother. Is it really this bad now?
Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago Related Information to Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago
30th Jan, 2007 - 9:32pm / Post ID: #

Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago - Page 10

For a moment I thought this little kid (2 years old) was dead. I am so glad he is somehow recovering. What a horrible story.

A TWO-YEAR-OLD boy was on Saturday badly beaten by a teenager and left for dead under a coconut tree in Carlsen Field Village in Chaguanas.

Senior police officers are investigating the matter but believes that the perpetrator - an 18-year-old girl, may be in need of urgent spiritual and psychiatric help.

According to a police report, at about 5.30 pm the boy - Tristan Campbell of Humming Bird Drive in Freeport, a US citizen was reportedly dropped off at the home of a family friend in Carlsen Field by his parents Keith and Rhonda Campbell, also US citizens.

Police said, the friend noticed that her 18-year-old daughter and Campbell were missing and went to look for them.

Having searched the whole house and found nothing, the woman, police said contacted her husband, who then drove around the area in search of the girl and the boy.

Police said that the girl was eventually found hiding in some bushes.

When asked by her mother what she did with Campbell, the girl, police said, led her mother to a coconut tree where the child was found lying in a semi-conscious state.

Campbell was taken to the Chaguanas Health Facility and transferred to the Eric Williams Medical Science Complex where he was warded in a serious condition.

The child reportedly underwent surgery to the left eye on Sunday.

Police said that the boy's face was almost disfigured and that his body bore several other bruises...

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 1st Feb, 2007 - 2:51pm / Post ID: #

Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago
A Friend

Tobago and Trinidad Crime Violent

Quote from LDS:

For a moment I thought this little kid (2 years old) was dead. I am so glad he is somehow recovering. What a horrible story.

LDS_forever...Yes truly a terrible story. The Newsday also shows a photo of the 2yr old's face which is horribly battered and swollen. I certainly hope this little one recovers without any permanent, physical damage.

I simply cannot imagine how anyone can do something like this to a 2yr old. At such a tender age this child had to face such trauma! In fact, why must any child be subjected to such brutality?

Reconcile Message Edited...
Please learn how to use quote tags, it is also not necessary to quote the entire message. Thanks. Check our FAQ.

2nd Feb, 2007 - 1:27pm / Post ID: #

Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

I do not know if the man alone should have gotten licks, what in the world is the mother of the baby doing with a guy like that? It makes truly SICK to my stomach:

According to eyewitnesses, at about 3 pm yesterday, Ambica Dass of Barataria was holding her son Vijay, while in the company of the man.

The couple began arguing then the man reportedly snatched Vijay from his mother's arms and began running north along Henry Street.

As he ran he started beating the child who began to scream. It was the screaming that brought several outraged women to the child's rescue.

They reportedly ran toward the man and grabbed the crying child from him. The women and a man then began beating the man who pleaded for a chance to explain.

They gave him none. One of the women reportedly took the child and quickly handed him to a woman in charge of a shoe store.

Infant in arms, she looked on as the man was being beaten by the group of women.

While the baby snatcher was being beaten, Vijay now calmer and happier sipped on some juice and enjoyed being cuddled by the woman...

Post Date: 2nd Feb, 2007 - 1:51pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 10 Tobago and Trinidad Crime Violent

LDS_forever said:

I do not know if the man alone should have gotten licks, what in the world is the mother of the baby doing with a guy like that? It makes truly SICK to my stomach:

I only just read this article and and could not believe that the guy was beating a 3 month old baby! As far as I'm concerned he deserved the pounding he got from those irate women!

However, I do understand LDS why you would wonder about a mother being with a fellow like that. The story is unfortunately the same as in most cases in Trinidad...in fact... all over! Young teenage mother (the mom DOES look fairly young), not much of an education, perhaps a teen who has run away from problems/abuse at home, she looks for a way out then, she meets a young punk who promises better to protect and provide... and what does she get? Just more trouble and heartache in her young life. The picture of her weeping, really tore at my heart...clearly a very troubled young woman who needs some help and most definitely counselling.

This also brings to mind. If that young hooligan could batter a child he probably did worse to the mother. A picture paints a thousand words and I have seen quite a few young girls in my time with such a hopeless, helpless, distraught expression on their faces.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Please Read the link I provided in your Intro thread about how to use quote tags. Thanks.

2nd Feb, 2007 - 8:22pm / Post ID: #

Tobago and Trinidad Crime Violent

Truly this is a sad story.

LDS-Forever asked why would a women be with a man like that. I would not hesitate to say she herself might not be that far off from being like him.

In southern Ontario so many women get pregnant not to have a child but as a side effect of their life style. Result is many children are not loved and nurtured they way they should be. But rather beaten, ignored, locked up and spending week after week being unloved, because their parents never wanted them in the first place and only see the child as a burden.

Post Date: 3rd Mar, 2007 - 1:03pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

The only way I see the crime situation stopping somehow are:

1) Trinidad going to war and in this way Trinidadians may learn what it is to fight for your own country and stop taking things for granted....

2) Military Service! specially to those limers who do not work and are outside doing nothing all day long and have time to be idle....because from idleness comes crime.

1) You may be unpleasantly surprised to see a significant section of the national community fighting along side the enemy against national troops.

2) I do not think that inducting "limers" and loafers who may already be set in criminal ways or may be criminally inclined into the Defense Force is a good idea; even worse yet would be to put state weaponry into those hands.

Do you think that poverty plays a role? What about abuse? There is a lot of abuse in this country and it begins with the children and they simply dish out on to the public the way they are being treated sometimes in their very own homes. Now, do not misunderstand me, I am not saying this is the reason, but it is interesting to note that most of these crimes are being committed by very young people

I may be wrong but I simply do not see the nexus between poverty and crime. On the one hand there are simply too many poor, uneducated people out there who absolutely refuse to get involved in crime, and on the other, there are too many rich crooks and criminals out there who in spite of their privileged circumstances are still crooks and criminals. To me, the poverty and no education theory is disproven every day. There are simply too many holes for it to hold water. I think the only thing that insulates people from criminal behaviour is the code of personal ethics which is instilled in the formative years. Poverty does not prevent parents from teaching their children the difference between right and wrong; that you do not lie, cheat, steal or be otherwise dishonest simply because "de poleece go hold yuh" but because dishonesty in any form is morally wrong and unacceptable. Poverty does not cause crime any more wealth prevents it.

Of course, we will always have those that are inherently bad and evil with us who are simply beyond any form of redemption or rehabilitation, and they are the ones that should be taken out of circulation by whatever means necessary at whatever age their danger to society is first manifested.

Reconcile Edited: LadyBird on 3rd Mar, 2007 - 1:31pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
3rd Mar, 2007 - 4:03pm / Post ID: #

Violent Crime Trinidad & Tobago - Page 10

On the one hand there are simply too many poor, uneducated people out there who absolutely refuse to get involved in crime, and on the other, there are too many rich crooks and criminals out there who in spite of their privileged circumstances are still crooks and criminals.

You are right, but I think your forgot to mention that on another hand there are poor and uneducated people out where who do get involved in criminal activities. As a matter of fact, just by reading the newspapers you will see that a lot of criminals come from poor neighborhoods.

Poverty does not prevent parents from teaching their children the difference between right and wrong; that you do not lie, cheat, steal or be otherwise dishonest simply because "de poleece go hold yuh" but because dishonesty in any form is morally wrong and unacceptable. Poverty does not cause crime any more wealth prevents it.

That's true. Then maybe the issue is education as one of the main factors. And yes, education or the lack thereof is linked to poverty. It's simple: how many people living in Beetham hold a Bachelors Degree? How many have 5 O' levels?

Now, there are exceptions to this where parents are poor and uneducated yet they possess maybe strong religious values that they passed to their kids, nevertheless in these cases the religious background is a form of education itself. We cannot put this example as the rule because is not realistic.

Going back to the topic, something that concerns me and puzzles me about crime in Trinidad are these things:

1) The choice of weapons (usually knives, cutlass, etc).

2) The actual murder or crime is extremely violent.

3) Crimes involving spouses and children.

I do not think a lot of Trinidadians realize how aggressive they are sometimes, the way they talk, interact with others, interact with their own families, the way they choose to discipline, the way they lose their temper for the silliest of things, all these things are widely manifested on the streets and it could be one of the many reasons violent crime is so rampant in this country.

22nd Apr, 2007 - 8:16pm / Post ID: #

Violent Crime Trinidad & Tobago Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 10

Sometimes you wonder if there are NOT good Samaritans like this man who saved this woman what would have happened to her? Can you imagine standing by the side of the road, someone physically forces you to enter and tell you that they are going to rape you?

Thank God nothing happened, thanks to a good man who chased the car and did not ignore the signs as MOST people do.

A STRANGER risked his life to save a woman who was dragged into a car and was about to be raped.

The man was driving along Abercromby Street, Port of Spain, when he passed a gold coloured Nissan B-12 and saw a man fighting to keep a woman from jumping out of the moving car yesterday.

The front passenger door was open and the woman had a leg outside of the car. The driver of the B-12 drove of and the man chased him up Abercromby Street.

On reaching the Ministry of National Security, the man pulled in front of the B-12 and blocked the car.

He then raised an alarm and police from the ministry rushed out and held the driver of the B-12.

The woman said she was standing at the side of the road when the man forced her into his car and told her he was going to rape her.

> TOPIC: Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,