Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago - Page 2 of 23

QUOTE National Security Minister Martin Joseph - Page 2 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 19th Jul, 2005 - 9:37pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (23) »
What is going on here? I am amazed at the articles I read every day when I pull up the Express newspaper online. What really hurt me when I read this article was the poor boy who had to watch this happen to his mother. Is it really this bad now?
Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago Related Information to Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago
25th Aug, 2004 - 1:03am / Post ID: #

Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago - Page 2

There was a chance, once, to turn it around. That was when Guiliani rolled into town offering his services but he got turned down, right?

Trinis are a proud bunch, and the thought of having some white jewish opie from NYC telling them how to run their police force, was a little too much to take...

I am not a Trinidadian but I don't think Mr. Guiliani could have help in any way. First of all, his services are not free (I know, they don't have to) he charges an arm, a leg and the whole body for his services. Second, his experience is NOT based on a Caribbean island and the kind of 'culture' we have here is totally different to what Mr. Guiliani may have guessed. I was shocked actually when I heard he was coming, the first thing I thought was how in the world the people from Trinidad and Tobago are going to welcome someone with such a controversial background as Guiliani, specially the issues related to racism. But again, people do not know better.
The only way I see the crime situation stopping somehow are:

1) Trinidad going to war and in this way Trinidadians may learn what it is to fight for your own country and stop taking things for granted....

2) Military Service! specially to those limers who do not work and are outside doing nothing all day long and have time to be idle....because from idleness comes crime.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 3rd Dec, 2004 - 11:31am / Post ID: #

Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago
A Friend

Tobago and Trinidad Crime Violent

Most of the time, no education = no job = no $$$ = crime !
I think not being eduated has a lot to do with why there's so much crime.
At present to survive in the world you must have some level of skill or educaton, because other than that the only alternative for financial stability is sex, drugs, robbery, and fraud.

13th Dec, 2004 - 12:49am / Post ID: #

Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

I'm seeing more and more violence in this country. Some men entered the house of a family, they raped the wife and they beated up the 6 months old child because he was crying! Another case, is a guy that beated up to death a 1 month old baby girl! ...he was the father!. I tell you, all these cases makes me wonder what the heck is wrong with this people and makes me glad to know that there is death penalty in Trinidad and Tobago.

23rd Feb, 2005 - 11:12pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Tobago and Trinidad Crime Violent

Killings seem to be calculated now, imagine that a man waits in the bushes... then at 6:30am in the morning when the victim crosses the road the assassin (the man in the bushes) opens fire in a busy intersection killing the victim and wounding a police officer who was issuing tickets nearby. Such boldness is sad and such cold bloodedness seems to be the mindset of the uprising youth.

24th Feb, 2005 - 1:16am / Post ID: #

Tobago and Trinidad Crime Violent

All the violent crimes going on in this country are drug-related. It is very sad but this little country is infested with drugs and I think the Ministry of National Security is not doing enough to make this country a safer place.

24th Feb, 2005 - 1:23am / Post ID: #

Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago

Do you think that poverty plays a role? What about abuse? There is a lot of abuse in this country and it begins with the children and they simply dish out on to the public the way they are being treated sometimes in their very own homes. Now, do not misunderstand me, I am not saying this is the reason, but it is interesting to note that most of these crimes are being committed by very young people.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
8th Jun, 2005 - 2:45am / Post ID: #

Violent Crime Trinidad & Tobago - Page 2

So it is all out - the reason there is violent crime (and so much of it) in T&T is because of 500 men in 66 gangs. What do you think...? Here is the report:

National Security Minister Martin Joseph has disclosed that there are 66 known gangs in the country of which there are an estimated 500 hard-core members.

Joseph made this disclosure during a half hour statement at yesterday's parliamentary sitting in the Red House where a package of emergency legislative Bills to deal with crime was proposed by Attorney General John Jeremie.
Ref. https://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/ar...ews?id=82030817

In addition to the above another report says that hangings will also resume in T&T.

19th Jul, 2005 - 9:37pm / Post ID: #

Violent Crime Trinidad & Tobago Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 2

National Security Minister Martin Joseph has disclosed that there are 66 known gangs in the country of which there are an estimated 500 hard-core members.

That's the funny thing which sadly highlights the incompetence of all persons in Parliament. They KNOW that there are 66 gangs out walking around, note 66! Not 60, not 70, not 75...66! and an estimated 500 hard-core members...how can they estimate such a thing without having the slightest clue who and where these persons are?!
They know where the majority of these gangs operate and yet why aren't arrests being made? Oh dear NO! All they do is sit back and spend money... spend, spend SPEND! They recently got this BLIMP thing to float in the air as surveillance and its costing $40 million! For only 1! That money could be used to buy cameras to set in many public areas and street corners to survey daily activities around the city at any instant and God knows we need it with the recent bomb-in-a-bin.. but NO! Why WOULD they do such a thing...a balloon is a MUCH better idea indeed.. rolleyes.gif
I think Trinidad is losing focus on means of dealing with crime..why all the high tech stuff? What we need to do is acknowledge we have a huge problem and deal with it! If "dealing with it" means that the Police should be allowed to check every house in Lavantille and if they could, in the whole of Trinidad, stop any person on the road, search anyone whether suspicious or not, at any given time, be it day or night, then so BE IT! Drastic it maybe, but we're facing drastic situations. That's why I said before, we have to acknowledge we have a problem. So anyone who thinks that their privacy is being violated or feel insulted or being made into the likes of a criminal are clearly selfish and unconcerned with the state of the country. I'm sure they'll find the drugs, illegal arms, criminal evidence and discover whatever smaller offences being commited by the citizens because in my opinion, if its big or small, its still an offence and a contributing factor to the crime rate. If you've got nothing to hide then fantastic!..of course there maybe slight problems such as persons trying to pose as police but that can easily be taken care of by proper identification etc.
I say use the money and whatever remnants of common sense we Trinis seem to possess, build more prisons and start filling it up! It ain't that hard..*sigh*If ONLY I was Prime Minister of this blessed country!

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (23) »

> TOPIC: Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,