Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago - Page 11 of 23

I am not the least bit surprised by this comment - Page 11 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 8th Feb, 2008 - 8:07pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 23 pgs.  7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15  ...Latest (23) »
What is going on here? I am amazed at the articles I read every day when I pull up the Express newspaper online. What really hurt me when I read this article was the poor boy who had to watch this happen to his mother. Is it really this bad now?
Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago Related Information to Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago
19th May, 2007 - 1:41pm / Post ID: #

Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago - Page 11

Where in the world is this country heading to? It's very worrisome for me. A 12 years old kid who was beaten and thrown into a drain by two teenagers retaliated by plunging a kitchen knife into the chest of one of his attackers, killing him right here in "Sweet" T&T.

A 12-YEAR-OLD boy who was beaten and thrown into a drain by two teenagers retaliated by plunging a kitchen knife into the chest of one of his attackers, taking his life.

The incident occurred exactly five months ago, while the youngster was on an errand to a nearby village shop to buy something to eat, along Trou Macaque Road, in Laventille.

The boy, who lived at Pashley Street, Laventille, left his home around 9 p.m., on December 18, 2006, when he met Michael Forde, 14, and Aquill Niblett, 16, at the shop.

While there, Niblett had an argument with the boy and slammed his head onto a concrete wall. The boy began to cry as he left the scene, telling Niblett: "I not taking that so. I fed-up."

He ran a short distance to his home and returned to the scene, confronting Forde, also known a Mickey Gulston, and Niblett, who were sitting on a culvert.

He jumped on the culvert and, after a brief argument, he stabbed Forde once in the chest. The victim ran a short distance and fell. The boy pursued him and stood over him with the knife.

Forde was rushed to the Port of Spain General Hospital, where he succumbed to his injury. A post-mortem revealed that he died as a result of a haemorrhage in the heart due to the stab wound to the chest...

Sponsored Links:
14th Aug, 2007 - 12:43am / Post ID: #

Tobago and Trinidad Crime Violent

Did you see the news on TV6 where the Assistant Commissioner was saying that he could not understand the thinking of criminals in Trinidad where they will kill you for watching their girl friend too hard? Can you believe that a lot of gang warfare and shootings are result of the most trivial of things?

Rather off topic, but...
Geenie started a Thread in the Psychology Board about what you would do if you see a man and woman fighting... it is the above that caused me to give the answer I did.

14th Aug, 2007 - 12:59am / Post ID: #

Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

JB:

the Assistant Commissioner was saying that he could not understand the thinking of criminals in Trinidad where they will kill you for watching their girl friend too hard? Can you believe that a lot of gang warfare and shootings are result of the most trivial of things?

First of all, I do not think I like the thinking that is gangs alone who think this way. I have seen many people in the streets (no gangsters but certainly with a gangster mentality) getting into fights because of things like the one described. Don't we read in the newspaper often how this man got "jealous" and chopped the boyfriend or lover of his wife and things of that nature? Sorry to say but seeing the reaction of the people in the streets (ready to fight for stupidness) shows me that this society is very violent and the best way to handle it is keeping a very low profile.

I have seen teens fighting for a cel phone or a girl and they were ready to create a weapon or use one. I saw two schools girls a couple of years ago (one with a knife) fighting over a boy until a man came and separated them...the reaction of the people around? NORMAL! And these girls were not older than 14. So I do not buy the fact that is only gang related, it happens with LOTS of the people in Trinidad and Tobago.

14th Aug, 2007 - 1:11pm / Post ID: #

Page 11 Tobago and Trinidad Crime Violent

The same crimes happen daily in Canada also. I think Geenie is right it is the glorification of violence in movies and songs that are aiding the youth into the acts. Every one might have the thought "Man he is ogling my wife I would love to turn out his lights". For most people we know that actually doing it will result in us in jail and hurting our loved ones, not to mention the eternal damnation of hell.

With many youth they do not believe in god thus the sense of right and wrong is set by the main stream of society. This belief system is vastly influenced by the trends and fashions of the times and is very wishy washy. Thus the people who use this value system are not able to think clearly and have little respect for themselves or life.

As our children are listening to songs that tell us it is ok to rape females as they ain't worth nothing and that we own them so you best not look at them unless you be the owner. Not to mention that the law is just out to get you and they are in the wrong not you. Topped with desensitization to violence and now every one is a two cent hood.

The question that plagues me is how do we stop this and reverse it!

Post Date: 14th Aug, 2007 - 6:40pm / Post ID: #

Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago
A Friend

Tobago and Trinidad Crime Violent

Reading these stories almost seems to make Baghdad seem inviting.

14th Aug, 2007 - 7:05pm / Post ID: #

Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago

Well, we only leave the ones that can be read openly here in the Public section, by the time you read the Mature cases within the Heinous Board you will be both upset and angry, at least I am.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
8th Feb, 2008 - 2:53pm / Post ID: #

Violent Crime Trinidad & Tobago - Page 11

I didn't know stabbings are not considered serious crimes. Imagine, people chopping each other and is not considered serious. spock.gif

National Security Minister Martin Joseph says while he is just as concerned about the stabbings which occurred during Carnival 2008 as he is about the escalating homicide rate, it is not up to him to classify them as serious crimes.

Joseph did so during yesterday's post-Cabinet news conference at Whitehall, Port of Spain, as he announced there had been no major acts of violence on Carnival Monday or Carnival Tuesday which are the two signature days for the national event.

"I wish on behalf of the Government to publicly commend the members of the Trinidad and Tobago Police Service, the Trinidad and Tobago Defence Force, the Special Anti-Crime Unit, Customs and Excise Division for their coordinated efforts to ensure the blanket of security over the country was firmly in place," Joseph said.

He complimented the spectators and masqueraders as well for their patience in dealing with the traffic laws and for complying with law enforcement officers "who were out on their beats during the celebrations."

On Wednesday Police Commissioner Trevor Paul announced that while there were no major acts of violence during Carnival, there were reports of minor incidents including woundings and stabbings.

Police records showed 20 people were wounded over the two-day Carnival period but data reported elsewhere has suggested that figure is at least twice as high as that.

"I am concerned with any citizen who experiences any unfortunate incident affecting their security and safety is a concern but let's be realistic, there are categories of crime that are universal so it is in that context in which we are responding," Joseph said...

8th Feb, 2008 - 8:07pm / Post ID: #

Violent Crime Trinidad & Tobago Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 11

I am not the least bit surprised by this comment LDS_Forever. Please bear in mind that shortly after elections, this same minister openly admitted that he had failed, in his capacity as Minister of National Security (or something to that effect)! At least he had the intelligence to finally admit something the rest of Trinidad could not stop talking about... rolleyes.gif

> TOPIC: Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,