Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago - Page 13 of 23

I read in the newspapers today how our Prime - Page 13 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 28th Jan, 2011 - 2:28am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 23 pgs.  9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17  ...Latest (23) »
What is going on here? I am amazed at the articles I read every day when I pull up the Express newspaper online. What really hurt me when I read this article was the poor boy who had to watch this happen to his mother. Is it really this bad now?
Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago Related Information to Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago
Post Date: 15th Nov, 2009 - 6:32pm / Post ID: #

Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago
A Friend

Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago - Page 13

Ok Ok .. I got it, murders rapes kidnnappings, but can anyone say something good about Trinidad? Some of us are planning to go there for visiting or living but with the things you are saying trinidad seems to be hell. So please read Trinis newsapapers again and tell us good news, and don´t read the crime section so much. It is making you see life dark. Remembre that you see what you want to see.

Sponsored Links:
15th Nov, 2009 - 6:51pm / Post ID: #

Tobago and Trinidad Crime Violent

Why are you hijacking this Thread and telling us what we should and should not be Discussing? The title of this Thread is "Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago", if you have nothing to contribute to the Topic then do not respond, more especially when there is a huge sticky Thread entitled "What Is Nice About T&T". If crime bothers you and you are thinking of coming here then you will have serious problems.

15th Nov, 2009 - 10:32pm / Post ID: #

Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

international QUOTE (Luis @ 15-Nov 09, 2:32 PM)
Ok Ok .. I got it, murders rapes kidnnappings, but can anyone say something good about Trinidad?

Excuse me? You are in a thread called "Violent crime in T&T" what you was expecting?

international QUOTE
Some of us are planning to go there for visiting or living but with the things you are saying trinidad seems to be hell. So please read Trinis newsapapers again and tell us good news, and don´t read the crime section so much. It is making you see life dark. Remembre that you see what you want to see.

You are so funny. You don't even live here but you think you have everything figure out, don't you? One thing is true though, you do see what you want to see so you can continue seeing Trinidad through your pink colored glasses but I'm sorry, we will not write what you want us to say so you can feel good about your decision of moving here. If you're sure of your trip, you don't need validation.

Post Date: 28th Jan, 2010 - 11:59pm / Post ID: #

Page 13 Tobago and Trinidad Crime Violent

Name: Crookedvulture

Comments: No hope for Trinidad. Its Spiraling down For more than 25 years. Unless there is some sort of major change or uprising nothing is going to change ever. Security is very important concern for all . Ask the people and families who have been victimized how they feel about Trinidad and their immediate security. Don't even mention Healthcare. Trinidad has many major resources other islands wish they had yet the money is not used in the publics general interest. Where is all the money going? Why pay taxes. What are you getting for it? Definitely not security.
As a young boy I noticed the beginning of the downward fall happening way back when say early 80's and its only gotten worse since then. Hoping and praying for change.

Post Date: 31st Jan, 2010 - 12:35pm / Post ID: #

Tobago and Trinidad Crime Violent

Name: Kate

Comments: Yes, this is truly the harsh reality here in Trinidad, our "Paradise". Just over 1 million persons and so much violence? What a shame, a total disgrace to all Trinidadians.

Post Date: 3rd Aug, 2010 - 3:27pm / Post ID: #

Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago

Name: AHDOHNONAH

Comments: I am so thankful my parents moved the family to the US in the 70's. The economy was bad then but the crime wasn't as prevalent as it is now. It's sad to see the county decline to a gangland of murderous drug lords. The Government needs to stop shuffling their feet and make some drastic changes before the country has further mass exodus of it's decent population. God Save Trinidad before it's too late!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
15th Jan, 2011 - 2:31pm / Post ID: #

Violent Crime Trinidad & Tobago - Page 13

According to Minister of National Security John Sandy, crime went down under the new government:

international QUOTE
Serious crimes were down by 10 per cent for the period June to December 2010, the first six months of the tenure of this People's Partnership Government, when compared to the two previous years, Minister of National Security John Sandy said yesterday.

In a statement to Parliament, Sandy said for the year 2008, 20,566 serious crimes were reported; in 2009, 21,932 serious crimes were reported (an increase of 1,366 serious crimes of 6.64 per cent). For 2010, there were 19,917 serious crimes reported, representing a decrease of 2,015 crimes or a 9.19 per cent.

He said a microscopic view of June-December months would show that in 2008 there were 11,361 serious crimes reported between June and December. In 2009, there were 11,948 serious crimes reported (an increase of 587 serious crimes or 5.17 per cent increase). For the year 2010, between June and December, there were 10,753 serious crimes or a decrease of 1,195 serious crimes or a 10 per cent decrease.

Sandy outlined some crime fighting measures for 2011. These include: the installation of surveillance bays along the Uriah Butler Highway; the equipping of every police vehicle with a global positioning system (GPS) and linking with every police station through an appropriate technology platform; a National Recognition programme to honour those officers who go above and beyond the call of duty; the deployment of joint operations using land and sea assets; the establishment of the National Security Operations Centre (NSOC) to coordinate various activities, including the formation of teams in respect of intelligence, operations and logistical support; and the introduction of the Father's Day event-"Fathers bring your sons and come...

28th Jan, 2011 - 2:28am / Post ID: #

Violent Crime Trinidad & Tobago Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 13

I read in the newspapers today how our Prime Minister said that our murder rate is horrendous and you know what? I think we can all agree with that however I would like to know what specific measures are being taken because as it is is completely unacceptable!

> TOPIC: Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,