Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger

+  1 2 3 4 
Top  Original Advanced Dungeon Dragons This Thread is mainly a REVIEW for KNtoran's RPG based on the 1st Edition Manuals compiled by Gary Gygax. Relevant Discussion about the 1st Edition Rules and Tactics are also welcomed.
Original 1st Edition Advanced Dungeon And Dragons Related Information to Original 1st Edition Advanced Dungeon And Dragons
Post Date: 30th Mar, 2013 - 8:41pm / Post ID: #

Original 1st Edition Advanced Dungeon And Dragons
A Friend

Original Advanced Dungeon And Dragons

I was thinking of starting and running a campaign with the original rules. If you are interested in this let me know. This is the Dungeons & Dragons I grew up with in the early 1980's I have spent a lot of time with these rules and would like to know everyones thoughts on the possibility of such a campaign.

NOTE: This refers to the original rules in the first ADVANCED Dungeons & Dragons as shown in the below attachment. There are no feats or additions as there are in Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 or Dungeons & Dragons 4+.

Edited Message Edited...
JB: Changed title and added note to avoid confusion.

Original 1st Edition Advanced Dungeon And Dragons (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
31st Mar, 2013 - 12:48am / Post ID: #

Dragons Dungeon Advanced Edition st Original

I'll join your game, dude. I'll run a character by you when you get a character approval thread going. Definitely sounds interesting.

31st Mar, 2013 - 4:07am / Post ID: #

Original 1st Edition Advanced Dungeon And Dragons Reviews RPG & Card Board

Which rules are you referring to? The first Dungeons & Dragons? I alway used the 2nd edition rules when I was a Dungeon Master but I decided to adapt to 3.5 when I joined this website. The problem is not everybody might be familiar with older rulesets and, not being open source, they are not so easily accessible to people that don't own the books. Don't you feel like it could become a problem?

Another question is: can you grant continuity to your game? I don't question the reasons why you stayed away from the forums for more than a year, life sometimes sets new priorities for us, but can you be sure it won't happen again?

1st Apr, 2013 - 3:37am / Post ID: #

How come you aren't continuing the old game you had. I had Beast in that trying to get his intelligence up because he defined stupid to a whole new level.

Post Date: 2nd Apr, 2013 - 2:31am / Post ID: #

A Friend

I may reopen my older games as time goes on Play but I know that I have missed the older original rules. I have everything I need to do the original rules campaign and I will make sure all that wish to join understand the rules. The biggest I think is there are no feats to assist you and you do not get a raise in any ability score every fourth level.

The reason I left for a few months was very [personal] and I will not go into the reason why but I am not planning on going anywhere for a long time.

2nd Apr, 2013 - 6:43pm / Post ID: #

Don't they call it "Classic" boxed Dungeons & Dragons now?

Anyways its a cool idea, I just think its too bad about the old scenario being shelved.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 3rd Apr, 2013 - 10:29pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Original 1st Edition Advanced Dungeon Dragons

Some call it classic as the boxed set but I am talking about the first edition with the books that all say advanced Dungeons & Dragons. The the Dungeon Master guide has a large demon on the front, the players handbook had a idol that a thief was trying to take a eye out of its socket for the value of the gem.

3rd Apr, 2013 - 11:33pm / Post ID: #

Original 1st Edition Advanced Dungeon Dragons Board Card & RPG Reviews

I know that one but isn't that like the original "ADVANCED Dungeons & Dragons"? The original Dungeons & Dragons refers to the red boxed set which was also referred to as "Basic" back then and is known as "Classic" now. Probably you should change the title.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Original 1st Edition Advanced Dungeon And Dragons

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,