Tony Blair - Page 3 of 9

Blair 'secretly advising Brown' - Page 3 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 10th May, 2008 - 12:38pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (9) »

?
Poll: As a Prime Minister Tony Blair was...
  The best Prime Minister Britain ever had       0.00%
  One of the best Prime Ministers Britain ever had       0.00%
  Just another politician passing through       50.00%
  Good at home, but terrible on international issues       33.33%
  Good on international affairs, but bad on local issues       0.00%
  One of the worst Prime Ministers Britain ever had       16.67%
  The worst Prime Minister ever       0.00%
Total Votes: 6
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 

Is Blair one of the best the UK has had since...
Tony Blair Related Information to Tony Blair
Post Date: 26th Jun, 2007 - 11:40pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Tony Blair - Page 3

Tony Blair

Tomorrow Tony Blair will walk out of 10 Downing Street, the British prime minister's residence, for the last time as that country's political leader. When he first arrived 10 years ago, the young, energetic politician was seen as the leader for the future. His easygoing style, passion for soccer and casual dress made him very popular in the early years. He scored high marks on his handling of the economy, peace talks in Northern Ireland and the very sensitive task of addressing a grieving nation when Princess Diana was killed in a car crash in Paris in 1997. Then the Iraq War came, and Blair aligned himself with his ally and friend, George Bush. The British public grew weary of the casualties, losses and the direction the war took. And Tony Blair never recovered. Correspondent Nick Watt brings you our profile of this fascinating political player.
Ref. ABC Nightline

Sponsored Links:
27th Jun, 2007 - 5:17pm / Post ID: #

Blair Tony

Talk about fast employment - a good way to go out:

The Quartet of Middle East mediators - the EU, the UN, the US and Russia - has confirmed Tony Blair is to be its special envoy.
Ref. BBC

I will start a new poll for this Thread about Bair's reign.

Tony Blair
Tony Blair (Hover)

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 25th Nov, 2007 - 10:53am / Post ID: #

Tony Blair History & Civil Business Politics

Blair feared faith 'nutter' label

Tony Blair says he avoided talking about his religious views while in office for fear of being labelled "a nutter".
Ref. https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7111620.stm

23rd Dec, 2007 - 12:55am / Post ID: #

Page 3 Blair Tony

I just read in an Argentine Newspaper that he left his Anglican religion and became a Catholic (the religion of his wife and his 4 kids) What do you think about this change?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

23rd Dec, 2007 - 5:30am / Post ID: #

Blair Tony

According to reports, he has been going to Catholic masses for quite some time and had planned on converting when he left office. The reason he didn't do it while he was in office is that he was worried about the view of him being Catholic and the Prime Minister. It was basically the same reason that it took so long for the US to have a Catholic president (and the only one I might add). It doesn't matter how non-biased you are...if you are a Catholic and a president or prime minister, there are those that will accuse you of taking your orders from the Pope.

Pretty smart move if you ask me...

Reconcile Edited: Vincenzo on 23rd Dec, 2007 - 5:33am

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

Post Date: 14th Jan, 2008 - 7:19am / Post ID: #

Tony Blair

Name: Helper

Comments: I like Tony Blair,I think he's a Good man Too like Bush. Why? He did all he could in standing with America against Terrorist and in the Iraq War.

Source1: Observation

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
14th Jan, 2008 - 11:18am / Post ID: #

Tony Blair - Page 3

I didn't like Tony Blair as a leader. It is undeniable that he brought some good to the UK, the IRA peace resolution of 94 was of course a fantastic step forward, as were his increases to the minimum wage. I feel however that Blair's premiership was flawed by several critical errors of judgement. Under Blair's government:

1) Britain participated in a war which caused unstability in parts of Iraq, and drained British economy.
2) GCSE exams were drastically changed, for example the Science exams became modular with the option for resits.
3) New, easier degrees were made to attract less intelligent people to get degrees.
4) Students were charged over £3000 per year for University tuition fees.
5) Defence cuts ooccurredon an almost annual basis.

I'm not saying that Blair was a mmonsteror anything like that, as I've already said he did some fantastic things, however he also created many problems in Britain during his time as PM. For me, point three is the most frustrating, in order to raise the number of graduates in the UK each year, easier degrees were created in the UK. This is unfair on everyone, it is unfair on those taking these degrees as they are investing time and money into a degree which will do very little to help eemploymentopportunities, and it is unfair on those taking decent degrees, as the fact that more and more ppeopleare gaining degrees slightly devalues the degree in the UK. Furthermore to this, despite more and more degrees being obtained, students are being made to pay extortionate prices for degrees, which are increasing every year!

In my opinion Thatcher was the best PM since Churchill.

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 1 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0.1%

Post Date: 10th May, 2008 - 12:38pm / Post ID: #

Tony Blair Politics Business Civil & History - Page 3

Blair 'secretly advising Brown'

Tony Blair is advising his successor and has told him how to win the next election, Cherie Blair says.
Ref. https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7393530.stm

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (9) »

> TOPIC: Tony Blair

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,