+  1 2 3 

?
Poll: Have you ever been less active?
  Never       60.00%
  Just for a very short period       20.00%
  For a long time       20.00%
  Currently less active       0.00%
Total Votes: 5
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Time away from the Church
Why Less Active? Related Information to Why Less Active?
10th Nov, 2002 - 12:12am / Post ID: #

Why Less Active?

Why Less Active?

This question relates to what are the most common reasons members give for being less active, by less active this can range from going to Church now and again to total inactivity.

Below you may want to relate situations that have happened and how you were able to help the member realize that membership is more than simple attendance.

Sponsored Links:
18th Nov, 2002 - 3:44pm / Post ID: #

Active Why

I think gossiping is number one. Nobody wants to go to a Church where people talk on your back...because what's the purpose to go to Church if you cannot feel uplifted by your brothers and sisters?. Members MUST realize that gossiping is a very serious thing and that hurt the feelings of other people, not to mention is not a christian-like attitute at all.

Post Date: 19th Nov, 2002 - 7:34pm / Post ID: #

Why Less Active?
A Friend

Why Less Active? Studies Doctrine Mormon

I am single and have very little family.  Attending is discouraging because most of the talks and lessons are on family, marriage, & children, instead of the Savior and the Gospel.  I leave feeling that I don't want to come back.

19th Nov, 2002 - 10:34pm / Post ID: #

Active Why

Attending is discouraging because most of the talks and lessons are on family, marriage, & children, instead of the Savior and the Gospel

I feel for you. Unfortunately this is a common occurence in an organization that does not have a paid clergy to handle talks. Leaders ought to instruct members better on how talks should be given and the need to focus on Christ. BUT until that happens let me tell you what was a help for me during my single years...
1. Remember you are not in Church for people but for Christ.
2. Deeper study of the scriptures will help you 'see' more than what might be just external appearences for something better inside every individual
3. Prayer - pray for what you want. If it is to meet other single people then pray for specifically about that stating in what way you want to meet them, what you would like to do, when, where, everything and visualize it happening to you (faith)

I really cannot say anything more as I do not know your circumstances or background but I can tell you that for MANY years I have had that problem and in a way my wife and I still experience this because we do not see anyone that has the same 'things' in common. However, the points above is what keeps us focused. Hope that was of some help.

20th Nov, 2002 - 11:54pm / Post ID: #

Active Why

I understand how you feel Lindee and also understand the sisters who spend too much time talking about their families than Christ. Some sisters and brothers (older ones) are so 'proud' of their children that sometimes they cannot stop talking about them. It happens a lot in Relief Society. I think it would be a great idea that you can address this issue with your RS President, I'm sure she will understand you and something will be done about it. PLEASE, do not live, as JB says you go to Church because of your testimony of JesusChrist, if there is something wrong going on in your ward, just address it to your leaders. smile.gif Let us know how everything is going with you. smile.gif

Post Date: 25th Nov, 2002 - 8:03pm / Post ID: #

Why Less Active?
A Friend

Why Less Active?

I think that it is because some members do not know how to be friends... some people don't really make you feel at home,  and you try to get involved but they won't let you...

that happened to me, that is basically why I am "inactive"

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
25th Nov, 2002 - 8:17pm / Post ID: #

Why Active

that happened to me, that is basically why I am "inactive"

I did not realise you were not very active. How did you feel when you were baptised and how is your testimony concerning the Book of Mormon?

Post Date: 26th Nov, 2002 - 3:20pm / Post ID: #

Why Less Active?
A Friend

Why Active Mormon Doctrine Studies

I was less active once, and the honest to goodness truth of the matter is I could have come up with all of the same answers that everyone else gives, blaime the bishop, blaime the people giving talks, blaime the fact that everyone else has a two parent family, blaime the member who put out too many Christmas lights etc, the fact of the matter is the fault was mine, and until people learn to take responsiblity for their own actions they are going to be able to find fault with the rest of the world and never find true happiness.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Why Less Active?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,