KNtoran Advance Dungeons & Dragons RPG - Page 234 of 250

Out of Character: Oh, right. My horse… - Page 234 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 1st Feb, 2017 - 1:31pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

16th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric

+  « First of 250 pgs.  230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238  ...Latest (250) »
Top  Original Advanced Dungeon Dragons MAIN GAME THREAD - Based on Original Advanced Dungeons & Dragons 1st Edition compiled by Gary Gygax
AD&D 1e / 2e PBP RPG Create RPG Character Dice KNtoran's Maps RP Etiquette RPG Etiquette KNtoran's SRD Game Master GM Stats
KNtoran Advance Dungeons & Dragons RPG Related Information to KNtoran Advance Dungeons & Dragons RPG
29th Jan, 2017 - 5:11am / Post ID: #
Durgan
Cleric 4
Character
Novice / Middle Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

KNtoran Advance Dungeons & Dragons RPG - Page 234

The Chainbreaker says...

If it's possible to get the fireball's full effect by aiming so that the enemies are caught within the edge, but Durgan isn't, he'll do that. Otherwise he rides back a bit before casting.

Speaking of which, are they mounted?

Sessativa also wanted to cast Grease in the first round, but it would also help if she did it now (In the second round) in such a way to slip up the pair facing Durgan, without including his horse in the effect. That would give him a chance to ride away a bit before casting.

Round three: Sessativa will support Zork by shooting Magic Missiles, 2 spring from her fingertips as she becomes visible, both aimed at the fighter Zork injured.
Round Four: She runs in to help Zork, drawing her magical shortsword and attacking the same target.
Oh, that's right, She thinks to herself, I wanted to buy a bow.

Round 3&4: Durgan casts another Fireball unless something went horribly wrong last time, or they seem immune to the effect, or an ally is within the spell area. Otherwise Durgan rides in to attack.
And the same again in round four.

Out of Character: Mace attacks assume they aren't undead.

Durgan Results:
  • Magic Missiles on D4 (+1): 5, 3 (2 rolls)
  • Sessativa Shrt Swd Atk on D20 (+4): 24 (1 rolls)
  • Sessativa Shrt Swd Dmg on D6 (+4): 10 (1 rolls)
  • Fireball 2 on D6 (+0): 1, 5, 1, 5, 1, 6 (6 rolls)
  • Fireball 3 on D6 (+0): 6, 5, 2, 5, 3, 5 (6 rolls)
  • Or Durgan Mace Atk on D20 (+3): 15, 10 (2 rolls)
  • Durgan Mace Dmg on D8 (+2): 4, 7 (2 rolls)

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 29th Jan, 2017 - 4:34pm / Post ID: #

KNtoran Advance Dungeons & Dragons RPG
A Friend

RPG Dragons and Dungeons Advance KNtoran

They are not mounted, If you cast a fireball as a area effect spell you have to remember you are in the woods and it will explode when it hits something. So the chances of it hitting a tree before you and the others are safely out of the area of effect is a great possibility.

30th Jan, 2017 - 10:48am / Post ID: #
Durgan
Cleric 4
Character
Novice / Middle Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Base Has a Home Base

KNtoran Advance Dungeons & Dragons RPG Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Chainbreaker says...

Out of Character: Durgan is more worried for others than for himself. His helmet acts as a double fire resistance ring anyway. Which I assume is like the ordinary ring, but all numerical effects are doubled/halved in my benefit?

Sorry for taking so long, I know Txtrpg is itching to see how his attacks go.

Post Date: 30th Jan, 2017 - 8:11pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 234 RPG Dragons and Dungeons Advance KNtoran

The fire resistance will help Durgan by taking only half damage if he does not save 1/4 damage if he does. Depending on the direction you cast the fireball Sessativa and or Zork could be in the area of effect as well as you.

30th Jan, 2017 - 8:44pm / Post ID: #
Zork
Fighter
Character
Follower / Cover
Character Sheet Lock
Base Has a Home Base

RPG Dragons and Dungeons Advance KNtoran

The Swift Sword says...

Out of Character: I have no problem with waiting on you get your attack down the way you want it. I am also reading in the background just waiting for Zork to make the next action move.

31st Jan, 2017 - 10:06am / Post ID: #
Durgan
Cleric 4
Character
Novice / Middle Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Base Has a Home Base

The Chainbreaker says...

Naturally, Durgan will try to aim so the fireball strikes against the ground so that Sessativa's horse and Zork are out of the effect. Ideally just hitting them, but doesn't mind if he hits himself.

I'll include 3 d20 rolls if you need me to aim.

Durgan Results:
  • D20 on D20 (+0): 9, 17, 19 (3 rolls)

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 1st Feb, 2017 - 3:01am / Post ID: #

A Friend

KNtoran Advance Dungeons & Dragons RPG - Page 234

Second round Durgan releases a fireball that is placed in such a way that the two attackers to the east are engulfed in the fireball along with Sessativa's dead horse and Durgan and his horse. (Your horse does not have fire protection.) The fighters scream in pain from the fire as does your horse. Everyone who saved takes 10 damage those that did not take 19. You can roll your saving throws for you and your horse. The fighters by Zork swing the first one misses, Zork swings back at him connecting for 7 damage. The second fighter connects with Zork but barely for 1 damage. Sessativa casts grease on the fighters by Durgan but they somehow remain standing and attacking. The first one swings at Durgan but slips and stabs Durgan's horse causing 3 damage. The second one misses.
Round three - The fighters by zork are still up and fighting the first one misses again and zork hits him again for 8 damage. The second one swings and misses Zork. Sessativa fires off a magic missile causing 8 damage to the one zork is fighting. Durgan decides to not toss another fireball so his horse is safe for now. He swings his mace at one of the fighters hitting him for 4 damage both fighters miss Durgan.

Round four - The injured fighter by zork swings and misses, Likewise Zork swings and misses, the other one also swings and misses. Durgan attacks and he misses the two on Durgan one misses the other does 3 damage to Durgan. Sessativa swings at the injured one by Zork swinging and hitting him a very solid blow that slices into his neck and shoulder killing him the look of surprise on his face is evident as he did not see her coming. 20 damage.

One down three to go Durgan you horse is hurting and Sessativa's is dead. I will need new actions or attacks from all.

1st Feb, 2017 - 1:31pm / Post ID: #
Durgan
Cleric 4
Character
Novice / Middle Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Base Has a Home Base

KNtoran Advance Dungeons & Dragons RPG D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 234

The Chainbreaker says...

Out of Character: Oh, right. My horse… oops. Durgan has to get under 14, right? Not sure about the horse. The Ring of Fire Resistance (Which the Helm is partly based on) states there's a +4 to the roll, but I didn't include that bonus.

And, wow, that lucky maximised critical! Zork is going to get teased for weeks.

In Character: Durgan heals his horse so he can make sure escape is possible. "Come quietly and I won't kill you," He offers to the fighters.

Sessativa points her sword at the other fighter, "Don't make me do it again." If he doesn't give up, she keeps attacking.

Durgan says, "Well if you aren't giving up quietly, I'm sorry to do this."
He casts Prismatic Spray from his helm, a much safer option for his steed.

Durgan Results:
  • Saves Durgan, Horse on D20 (+0): 19, 2 (2 rolls)
  • Cure Light Wounds on D8 (+0): 6 (1 rolls, as D2-8)
  • Sessativa Shrt Swd Atk on D20 (+4): 17, 10 (2 rolls)
  • Sessativa Shrt Swd Dmg on D6 (+4): 6, 9 (2 rolls)
  • Prismatic Spray color on D8 (+0): 4, 8, 4 (3 rolls)
  • Intimidate Durg, Sess on D20 (+0): 6, 3 (2 rolls)

> TOPIC: KNtoran Advance Dungeons & Dragons RPG

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.