KNtoran Advanced Dungeons & Dragons Questions - Page 8 of 10

I'm looking into this but I have to - Page 8 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 16th Feb, 2016 - 9:48pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

25th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  « First of 10 pgs.  4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
FAQ / Support for Players of KNtoran Advance Dungeons & Dragons RPG
KNtoran Advanced Dungeons & Dragons Questions Related Information to KNtoran Advanced Dungeons & Dragons Questions
RPG Etiquette Do Not Post Off Topic or Personal Interests Here.
Learn the differences between: Off topic, Out of Character and Your Introduction.
Unrelated RPG content that is not specific to this game may be removed without notice.
30th Jul, 2015 - 12:27pm / Post ID: #

KNtoran Advanced Dungeons & Dragons Questions - Page 8

So, I found that there are no Cure Moderate or Major Wounds spells, just Light and Critical. However If I were to prepare a Cure Light in a 2nd level slot, would it work the same? Or would I get two spells?

I found the Aid spell in Unearthed Arcana. I forget which books we're allowed to refer to.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 31st Jul, 2015 - 12:10am / Post ID: #

KNtoran Advanced Dungeons & Dragons Questions
A Friend

Questions Dragons and Dungeons Advanced KNtoran

Cure moderate wounds is not a second level spell. I Believe it is a third level spell I will double check this and get back to you.

Ok after checking the books there is no cure moderate wounds in Advanced Dungeons & Dragons. Once you get fourth level spells you get the cure serious wounds and once you get fifth level spells you get the cure critical wounds and then Heal once you get to level six spells. So you will just have to keep using cure light wounds until you reach level 7 to get the cure serious wounds.

Reconcile Edited: KNtoran on 31st Jul, 2015 - 1:48am

13th Jan, 2016 - 10:05am / Post ID: #

KNtoran Advanced Dungeons & Dragons Questions Archive Pathfinder / D&D

First off, what exactly do the Helm of Brilliance and Boots of Elvinkind do?

And how does the bonus interact with AC? It goes down in Advanced Dungeons & Dragons so it's 4 AC (Without shield), right? What's the advantage to the magical scale mail apart from possibly heat exhaustion and maybe easier to hide under clothes?

The shield has a +1, so with Plate Mail, does that go down to 1 AC?

Post Date: 13th Jan, 2016 - 11:40pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 8 Questions Dragons and Dungeons Advanced KNtoran

Yes armor class goes down so scale mail by itself is 6 then you add in the pluses so it is 4 scale mail is lighter than plate and quieter. You add in the shield and that makes 3 then the plus 1 is 2 not counting your dexterity bonus.

Boots of elvenkind allows ones footsteps to be silent in any situation. Thus if no armor you can walk very silently.

Helm of brilliance looks like a normal helm but it has many diamonds, rubies, fire opals and opals. These gems will allow the wearer to cast certain spells once per round until all gems are used up. It also allows the wearer to cast other magical spells until the gems are used up. Once all gems are used up the helm loses all magical abilities. I will go more in depth soon on that.

14th Jan, 2016 - 1:00am / Post ID: #

Questions Dragons and Dungeons Advanced KNtoran

Does the +3 long sword have that bonus both on damage and attack or just on attack. I read somewhere that swords can have an alignment, was this known?

Post Date: 14th Jan, 2016 - 1:53am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Yes the +3 is on to hit and damage that is why you were able to hit things easier on your rolls. This sword has no intelligence. IF it did I would let you know.

More on helm as follows:
Helm of Brilliance

This normal-looking helm takes its true form and manifests its powers when the user dons it and speaks the command word. Made of brilliant silver and polished steel, a newly created helm is set with large magic gems: ten diamonds, twenty rubies, thirty fire opals, and forty opals. When struck by bright light, the helm scintillates and sends forth reflective rays in all directions from its crownlike, gem-tipped spikes. The jewels’ functions are as follows:
•Diamond: Prismatic spray
•Ruby: Wall of fire
•Fire opal: Fireball (10d6)
•Opal: Daylight

The helm may be used once per round, but each gem can perform its spell-like power just once. Until all its jewels are depleted, a helm of brilliance also has the following magical properties when activated.
•It emanates a bluish light when undead are within 30 feet. This light causes 1d6 points of damage per round to all such creatures within that range.
•The wearer may command any weapon he wields to become a flaming weapon. This is in addition to whatever abilities the weapon may already have (Unless the weapon already is a flaming weapon). The command takes 1 round to take effect.
•The helm provides resistance to fire 30. This protection does not stack with similar protection from other sources.

Once all its jewels have lost their magic, the helm loses its powers and the gems turn to worthless powder. Removing a jewel destroys it.

If a creature wearing the helm is damaged by magical fire (After the fire protection is taken into account) and fails an additional DC 15 Will save, the remaining gems on the helm overload and detonate. Remaining diamonds become prismatic sprays that each randomly target a creature within range (Possibly the wearer), rubies become straight-line walls of fire extending outward in a random direction from the helm wearer, and fire opals become fireballs centered on the helm wearer. The opals and the helm itself are destroyed.

Reconcile Edited: KNtoran on 14th Jan, 2016 - 1:54am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
16th Feb, 2016 - 8:35pm / Post ID: #

KNtoran Advanced Dungeons & Dragons Questions - Page 8

Is it just me or am I seeing a lot of our action in the main game thread missing? It seems to be cut off from since 2015.

16th Feb, 2016 - 9:48pm / Post ID: #

KNtoran Advanced Dungeons & Dragons Questions D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 8

The Dice Master says...

I'm looking into this but I have to admit the cause is an anomoly as I can't find a reason for it. Do not worry though, your Posts are all there, I just don't know why for KNtoran's two Role-playing Game Threads are being cutoff like that.

1. ICon, you were the last one to Post, when you made your Post were you able to see it?

2. Does anyone notice this happening with any of the other Posts or is it just this Role-playing Game?

UPDATE: Nevermind, this has been fixed. It was a problem associated with Icon having two Primary Characters.

+  « First of 10 pgs.  4 5 6 7 8 9 10 

> TOPIC: KNtoran Advanced Dungeons & Dragons Questions

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.