Smoking Medical Marijuana - Page 2 of 9

To be perfectly honest, if governments were - Page 2 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 24th Apr, 2006 - 9:11am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (9) »
Smoking Medical Marijuana For medical reasons? That is no excuse, you can still go to jail!
Smoking Medical Marijuana Related Information to Smoking Medical Marijuana
Post Date: 3rd Feb, 2006 - 7:07am / Post ID: #

Smoking Medical Marijuana
A Friend

Smoking Medical Marijuana - Page 2

A drug war on marijuana is such a waste of money. Of all drugs that are illegal and allot of drugs they are not, this one is one of the most benign of them all. Its not physically addictive, it does less damage to your body that smoking cigs or drinking alcohol, and is usually partaken of in the privacy of ones own dwelling. Pot smokers are usually not motivated enough to fight, or drive while high thus making them less of a threat than drinking. But some how, it has become drug enemy number one in our country.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 22nd Apr, 2006 - 1:07pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Marijuana Medical Smoking

FDA SAYS NO TO MEDICAL MARIJUANA

The Food and Drug Administration said Thursday that it does not support the use of marijuana for medical purposes.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2006/HEALTH/04/21/medic...a.ap/index.html

22nd Apr, 2006 - 2:37pm / Post ID: #

Smoking Medical Marijuana Health & Special Psychology

it is interesting how legalization of marijuana for medicinal purposes has evolved into a political debate. The FDA states there is no proof that marijuana is a viable source of medical treatment, and the advocates of marijuana for medical treatment say the FDA is being politically motivated to make this type of statement. So who do we believe? What is wrong with this? The people get stuck in the middle, while two organizations debate the issue and point fingers.

22nd Apr, 2006 - 3:07pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Marijuana Medical Smoking

Personally, I tend to believe that marijuana is less harmful than alcohol. Since the "War on Drugs" is such a huge money item for the government, and marijuana is a big part of that war, the FDA has no alternative but to say what they are saying.

I can't use ibuprofen at all. It can harm my kidney. So, my pain relief medication options are limited. Tylenol works fairly well. I shouldn't use aspirin. Hard pain relievers (Tylenol-3, etc) can be harmful to my kidney. Percodan and other serious pain relievers are extremely habit forming.

So, what about marijuana? It is gentle, takes the edge of quite well, and has far less side effects than most of the pharmaceuticals.

No, there are certainly no medical benefits to using marijuana - to the drug companies. They would lose revenue. And that is what makes all the difference.

23rd Apr, 2006 - 1:12am / Post ID: #

Marijuana Medical Smoking

That is a good point you make Nighthawk. How much of this debate is being driven by the large pharmaceutical companies?

I agree with your assessment of medical marijuana.

But I am actually quite surprised it is public enemy number one in the "War on Drugs". My research suggests that crystal meth (aka ICE) a harsh form of speed, is a massive health problem in the US and spreading like wildfire.

Also what about cocaine? My friend who visited the US and told me cocaine was cheaper than alcohol. He said in LA the drug is everywhere and widely used. I would have thought coke is far more harmful than cannabis.

23rd Apr, 2006 - 5:37am / Post ID: #

Arvhic, I wouldn't go as far to say that marijuana is 'public enemy #1' in the War on drugs here in the US. As you suspected, cocaine gets more attention than marijuana.

My biggest pet peeve is that the FDA is becoming a puppet for the government on this War on drugs, rather than providing an unopinionated perspective on marijuana and its pros and cons.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 23rd Apr, 2006 - 8:45pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Smoking Medical Marijuana - Page 2

QUOTE (malexander @ 23-Apr 06, 12:37 AM)
Arvhic, I wouldn't go as far to say that marijuana is 'public enemy #1' in the War on drugs here in the US. As you suspected, cocaine gets more attention than marijuana.

My biggest pet peeve is that the FDA is becoming a puppet for the government on this War on drugs, rather than providing an unopinionated perspective on marijuana and its pros and cons.

Actually, marijuana has long been public enemy #1 for a single reason, money. Marijuana is the fourth largest cash crop in this country. The government gets nothing from this and thus tries to stifle its usage and sales.

But the debate surrounding its medical usage is a lame on at best. It dulls the senses and nerves, much like other legal RX drugs, that is its medicinal benefit. To say it has none in light of what it does, is like saying that Darvocet other highly potent pain killers have no medicinal value. Its value is a pain suppressant, and falls in line with other highly addictive drugs of its kind that do much more damage to the body.

Further, banning has become something of a witch hunt in that it really has no bases. Being the largest cash crop and most widely used drug in the country, you would think there would be more complications from it. Yet how many times do you hear of people dying from lung cancer, or liver cancer, or drunk driving as compared to marijuana related deaths? Shouldn't that number be higher seeing as its used so much? What about all the FDA approved drugs that end up in law suits well after being approved? Why are there not huge amounts of people that have had dangerous side effects from using marijuana as there is with other drugs like crack, heroine, and X? The reason is that it is on the light end for reactions, side effects, and long term effects as compared with almost all prescribed and illegal drugs. I encourage you to go to drugs.com and see the side effects of its usage.
https://www.drugs.com/Marijuana/

But after that, take the drugs you take the most and look them up and compare. When your done, ask yourself why some are legal and some are not, why some are demonized and some are given miracle drug status.

24th Apr, 2006 - 9:11am / Post ID: #

Smoking Medical Marijuana Psychology Special & Health - Page 2

To be perfectly honest, if governments were more concerned with health than they were with revenue raising, they would ban smoking and alcohol, which causes the most health problems by far.

It appears that the US Government's attack on cannibas is more politically motivated than anything else.

Cannabis does have a value for medicinal purposes as a mild pain killer. For the FDA to deny this shows that they are either incompetent or being infiltrated by the government. My guess would be the latter.

I would like to know how serious marijuana possession is in the US? Does this vary from state to state? What are some of the other drugs in a similar category to cannabis?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (9) »

> TOPIC: Smoking Medical Marijuana

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,