Terrorism In Canada - Page 3 of 6

Canadian men said to be 'travelling - Page 3 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 5th Apr, 2013 - 10:57am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
Terrorism In Canada Related Information to Terrorism In Canada
7th Jun, 2006 - 3:12pm / Post ID: #

Terrorism In Canada - Page 3

Canada is NOT involved in Iraq, in any way, and has been militant in its opposition to the US actions there.

It seems to me that if Canada is very welcoming to Muslim immigration, and opposed to US actions in the Middle East, that they would be much less likely to be targeted by terrorists.

However, is terrorism is NOT directly related to a country's involvement in the Middle East, but is based upon a country's social structure and freedoms (which has always been my opinion), then it does make sense to target Canada.

What is particularly interesting about Canada is that they were actually considering allowing Muslims in the country to be bound by Sharia law and subject to Sharia courts. I don't know what ever happened about that, but the nation seemed to be okay with the idea, in general.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

Sponsored Links:
7th Jun, 2006 - 4:18pm / Post ID: #

Canada Terrorism

QUOTE (Nighthawk)
Canada is NOT involved in Iraq, in any way

Well, yes and no from my perspective. They do not have troops there, but already there have been many behind the scenes efforts between Harper and Bush to get them involved. This terrorist act may have been an incentive 'not to', but at the same time it would actually encourage them to do just that.

It seems to me that if Canada is very welcoming to Muslim immigration, and opposed to US actions in the Middle East, that they would be much less likely to be targeted by terrorists.

Maybe you have been missing a lot of the Threads I posted here about Canada, but a lot of them show that there is a lot of racial profiling going on and at one point they just sent home all of a certain description who were studying in schools in Canada - that Thread is somewhere here. This could be in retaliation for what Muslims may view as the 'Bush influence over Canada'.

...country's involvement in the Middle East, but is based upon a country's social structure and freedoms

I am not sure about that. Were it so there would be a lot more places targeted, but I do believe that indirectly they do seek to have a theocracy everywhere they go. I feel countries are targeted based on the amount of influence they have against their cause. Direct involvement within the lands of the Middle East is one way, being a friend with Israel is another. Is Canada a supporter of Israel?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3208 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 8th Jun, 2006 - 1:23pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Terrorism In Canada History & Civil Business Politics

BRITISH ARRESTS RELATED TO ALLEGED CANADIAN BOMB PLOT: REPORT

British police have arrested two men in connection with the recent arrests of 17 people accused of planning to set off bombs in Ontario, according to a BBC report.
Ref. https://www.cbc.ca/story/world/national/200...in-arrests.html

SECURITY SERVICES HAD BOMB PLOT SUSPECTS UNDER SURVEILLANCE FOR MORE THAN SIX MONTHS

There are new revelations about the alleged bombing plot by a group of Toronto-area men that led to a massive police sweep last week, in court documents made exclusively available to CBC News.
Ref. https://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national/20...ts07062006.html

Post Date: 10th Jun, 2006 - 12:44pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Canada Terrorism

AUTO THEFT AND TERRORISM LINKED, EXPERTS SAY

Terrorists are using profits from the theft of automobiles to finance their deadly activities, police and insurance investigators say.
Ref. https://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national/20...conference.html

Post Date: 12th Aug, 2006 - 8:36pm / Post ID: #

Canada Terrorism

OTTAWA HOPES TO TRACK BOMB-MAKING CHEMICALS

The federal government is proposing regulations under the Explosives Act that would regulate and monitor nine chemicals that can be used in bomb-making, it was learned Friday.
Ref. https://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national/20...osives-act.html

Post Date: 14th Sep, 2006 - 1:27am / Post ID: #

Terrorism In Canada

From CBC News:

At least four people were reported dead after at least two gunman entered Dawson College in Montreal and began shooting on Wednesday, according to CBC's French-language service RDI. At least 16 people were injured.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 12th Jan, 2007 - 6:53pm / Post ID: #

Terrorism Canada - Page 3

POLICE SEIZE BOMBS, EXPLOSIVES FROM RURAL ONTARIO HOME

Police in southwestern Ontario arrested a 19-year-old man Thursday after finding what they say was a bomb factory in a rural farmhouse.
Ref. https://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national/20...mb-factory.html

Post Date: 5th Apr, 2013 - 10:57am / Post ID: #

Terrorism Canada Politics Business Civil & History - Page 3

Canadian men said to be 'travelling jihadists':

The most alarming thing about the CBC revelations that it was nice young men from London, Ont., who were allegedly involved in the January terrorist attack at an Algerian gas plant is that Canadians still have the capacity to be alarmed. Ref. Source 6

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Terrorism In Canada

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,