Icon's Kingmaker Adventure Pathfinder RPG Review - Page 5 of 7

The GM of this game, ICon, has to request - Page 5 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 23rd Jan, 2015 - 2:24pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

20th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Icon's Kingmaker Adventure Pathfinder RPG Review Related Information to Icon's Kingmaker Adventure Pathfinder RPG Review
4th Aug, 2013 - 5:28am / Post ID: #

Icon's Kingmaker Adventure Pathfinder RPG Review - Page 5

Ah, so that is what you meant. I was considering linking the page with all the Traits and just listing the recommended ones, but didn't want to overwhelm an inexperienced player. It's fine, from now on I can limit the number of links in a post.

Characters are just too varied with so much additional content in Pathfinder. If you do plan to host the PRD (The 4 part offline site I assume), it's up to you, and I can start linking to it. I just don't know how costly it will be on your end.

Sponsored Links:
4th Aug, 2013 - 11:18am / Post ID: #

Review RPG Pathfinder Adventure Kingmaker Icons

I am really hoping we can solve this issue with this Post so I do not have to rehash the mechanics of Pathfinder Character Creation and Members ignorant of the process.

international QUOTE (ICon)
It's fine, from now on I can limit the number of links in a post.

I don't think you understand - the goal here is that you should not have to link anything. If you have a page named, "How To Create A Pathfinder Character" And in that page it has "Step 1", "Step 2", and so forth then one of those steps could be:

Step X - "Traits" - Your Character needs to have traits. A list of Character Traits is found [here].

Now when someone goes to your Character Creation Thread and posts their Character if you want to aid them you can list the names of Traits for that particular Character without having to link to each one since they would have already seen your "How To Create A Pathfinder Character" Page with the obvious link to the Traits. Do you follow what I'm trying to have happen? Granted, I am not a Pathfinder guru as you are and I cannot afford to spend time learning the system to verify what you are saying still there should be a logical process to Character Creation.

international QUOTE
Characters are just too varied with so much additional content in Pathfinder.

Although that might be, you can still have ONE page with the explanation so that Players know what has to be done. Here again is a simplistic example:

If you want to help someone buy fruits you can tell them to go to the market, one location. In the market they can then see the various stalls / farmers selling fruits. This makes sense, rather than saying:

Go to stall A for grapes
Go to stall B for oranges
And so forth....

international QUOTE
If you do plan to host the PRD (The 4 part offline site I assume)

Really, this measure is to cut down the constant linking, however I would rather not go through the process. If you take up what I am trying to explain in this Thread then such an undertaking should not be necessary. I also say this because you link to 3-4 different sites each time a Character needs to be created, this can't be.

Now, if even after this Post you still say that you need to link different items on different sites even though you would have created a "How To Create A Pathfinder Character" Page then I will have my doubts and will need to invest time to visit the official site to find out what the Pathfinder 'experts' there suggest for a 1,2,3 process to creating a Character without having to link up each time.

Rather off topic, but...
As testimony of what I am trying to prevent here you can see where one of your potential players "Redcloud" Was deleted possibly because when he saw the number of links you added to Posts he felt it became his right to add links too. Although, his case seems uniquely weird it still shows how one Member starting a precedent or trend invigorates other Members to feel it is "OK" To do the same. Hence you can see why our policies are rigid and why I am after having this done as a ONE page process.

21st Apr, 2014 - 9:41am / Post ID: #

Icon's Kingmaker Adventure Pathfinder RPG Review Reviews RPG & Card Board

Thank you JB for everything you have done for my game to run smoothly, but I have a small request. I hope you like that I haven't posted a link for some time.

Can you give me permission to have more than 4 topics for my Kingmaker game? The current Main Game thread should be renamed to Prologue. I would like to set up a new topic for each of the 6 books, starting with Stolen Land. Otherwise the game will get cluttered and a topic could easily go beyond 200 pages.

Prologue will remain open for new characters to reach the main party, but as each chapter is finished, I will close that topic and open a new one.

Reconcile Edited: iCon on 21st Apr, 2014 - 9:41am

21st Apr, 2014 - 6:46pm / Post ID: #

Page 5 Review RPG Pathfinder Adventure Kingmaker Icons

I'm not sure I understand, you want different Threads for the same Pathfinder Campaign or a Thread per Scenario? If you are concerned about the number of pages one Thread can have then do not be worried as there are Threads here with hundreds of pages already.

23rd Apr, 2014 - 2:36pm / Post ID: #

Review RPG Pathfinder Adventure Kingmaker Icons

My request is for multiple threads for the same campaign. The current Main Game renamed to Prologue. I can create a new thread called Stolen Land.

Many months in the future, close Stolen Land and open a new one called Rivers Run Red.

I'm only asking since the guide for Game Masters mentions that 4 threads can be opened for each game. (I can't find the post to quote now, maybe I'm just imagining things.)

23rd Apr, 2014 - 11:15pm / Post ID: #

Icon's Kingmaker Adventure Pathfinder RPG Review

I understand what you are saying. Go ahead and do that but do consider:

1. Closing Threads not used anymore
2. Linking appropriately so new Players aren't confused about where your new game Thread(S) are located.

I adjusted your main Thread.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
23rd Jan, 2015 - 1:14pm / Post ID: #

Icon's Kingmaker Adventure Pathfinder RPG Review - Page 5

I'm playing in this game and was told to come here to ask for help about storing the character information?

23rd Jan, 2015 - 2:24pm / Post ID: #

Icon's Kingmaker Adventure Pathfinder RPG Review Board Card & RPG Reviews - Page 5

The GM of this game, ICon, has to request it but he will need to have one Thread for his Scenario because making it unique to other Threads in Member Wars takes some coding on my part. Custom icons for his game will also need to be set aside.

Rather off topic, but...
I currently have a Player Stats page that works well for Be A Super Hero Role-playing Game that maybe I should introduce here so the Stats are shown on one page rather than in each Post. See an example here: Source 8 in one of the Posts you can click "View Hero".

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

> TOPIC: Icon's Kingmaker Adventure Pathfinder RPG Review

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,