Icon's Kingmaker Adventure Pathfinder RPG Review - Page 2 of 7

QUOTE (iCon)I know of a paid one... Do not - Page 2 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 6th Jun, 2013 - 3:25pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

29th March 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (7) »
Icon's Kingmaker Adventure Pathfinder RPG Review Related Information to Icon's Kingmaker Adventure Pathfinder RPG Review
4th Jun, 2013 - 12:27am / Post ID: #

Icon's Kingmaker Adventure Pathfinder RPG Review - Page 2

international QUOTE (JB Email to Paizo Publishing)
Do you have a MySQL or HTML version of your SRD that can be setup on our site...

Reply from Paizo Publishing:
international QUOTE (Vic Wertz)
Our PRD is only available online at Source 3

Although that is not entirely true because I saw another site with it I will just take that as an affirmative answer that we need to go with option #2.

What remains is your answer to my last set of comments in the Post above including creating your own custom map and scenario. Please confirm what you want to do based on my last two messages so I can better advise you how to proceed.

Sponsored Links:
4th Jun, 2013 - 5:36am / Post ID: #

Review RPG Pathfinder Adventure Kingmaker Icons

My decsion to run Kingmaker was due to me being comfortable and familiar with running the campaign. It's a well written adventure and I feel if I do run it people are almost guaranteed to enjoy it.

If the legal repercussions are too great, I could start my alternate Earth campaign, but not all of my little tweaks are ready. And I still need to do more some historical world research. But I could start taking characters now.

4th Jun, 2013 - 8:25am / Post ID: #

Icon's Kingmaker Adventure Pathfinder RPG Review Reviews RPG & Card Board

Additionally, I found the Community Use Policy and found a clause to cover play-by-post games, the last dot point under Permissions.

4th Jun, 2013 - 11:19am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Review RPG Pathfinder Adventure Kingmaker Icons

Good follow-up. I read their Community Use Policy and it does give some options to use their map and image icons BUT their definition of "Publisher" Needs better clarification because using content in a Forum like this is publishing. Of course we are not charging anyone to participate in your Game which is one of their explicit requirements but I still like to be sure as we do have Ads, etc.

I sent them an Email to find out if we fall under their non-commercial usage policy which will then grant us some limited rights but we will still have to format your Threads with their required text.

They do not have as much leeway as Dungeons & Dragons you will notice so if you intend to run this I hope you will be serious and consistent because even without not having GMaster status we will be required to implement many things in order to fulfill their licensing conditions. I will reply back when they have answered.

In the mean time, I was curious about one thing, does the map and icons have to be purchased to use them on our site? Although I saw where they gave specific images for use I did not sign up to see if they could be downloaded without paying, in other words that they were actually free for use. Please test that and let me know with the map, especially if it turns out to be a size that can be used online (they do have a clause in their FAQ that we can resize it).

4th Jun, 2013 - 2:45pm / Post ID: #

Review RPG Pathfinder Adventure Kingmaker Icons

I will be happy to insert the required text at the start of each thread.

I managed to access and download the map, country symbols, and religious symbols from the packages page. With an account, they all show up with the link to "Add to My Downloads" For free. Once added, they have to be accessed through the account controls at the top.

5th Jun, 2013 - 2:44am / Post ID: #

Icon's Kingmaker Adventure Pathfinder RPG Review

Good news. They have confirmed our site so here is the next step:

1. Go to the Member Wars Board and start your Threads, BUT you will need to go with 4 and not 5 as you outlined:

international QUOTE (iCon)
Main Game, Questions, Rules, Characters and an optional Party thread

For instance Questions and Characters can be one Thread.

2. When you start each Thread label it like this: "ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Rules", "ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Main Game", etc. This way they are similar.

3. Do not add the required copyright info, we will come in later and do that in the first Post of your Threads.

4. Since this may be a new system for many here you need to be very detailed with how to play, what you expect and so on. This includes how to play Pathfinder and how to play according to your Rules. You may link to the SRD on the offical site to explain rules BUT you should do it properly like this: Getting Started so that the name of what they are accessing is shown.

5. How did you intend for Characters to be generated especially if someone does not know the process? You can Email me some of the recommended Generators and I will see if I want to link to them.

6. After you have done above I will get the map installed on our site and fix your Threads so they are known as Pathfinder specific. I will then make an announcement that you are starting Pathfinder.

As an ongoing thing you need to pickup your activity in a big way. You may also be limiting yourself with the Mobile Skin, is that your only access to here - Mobile? Should your game be successful and you can earn GMaster status then I will code your Threads to be Pathfinder specific with all the associated images, etc.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
6th Jun, 2013 - 3:07pm / Post ID: #

Icon's Kingmaker Adventure Pathfinder RPG Review - Page 2

I think I'll start with three threads and leave the option to open another if it ever becomes required. Main, Rules & Questions, and Characters.

I've never searched for an online generator for Pathfinder. I know of a paid one called [..]. For character generation I was going to ask for backstories first, and assist with character creation.

I usually use a mobile, but when something requires extended features to view, I use a desktop. I switch back to mobile mode, since scrolling seems to be locked when accessing Full mode from a mobile. However, I will be getting a laptop soon so this should be mitigated.

I'll make the threads Saturday morning.

6th Jun, 2013 - 3:25pm / Post ID: #

Icon's Kingmaker Adventure Pathfinder RPG Review Board Card & RPG Reviews - Page 2

international QUOTE (iCon)
I know of a paid one...

Do not want to help anyone make money, I know of free ones I just thought you knew of one specifically, however after you have added your Threads I will insert some options if I cannot find our own generator by then.

You may want to consider inviting those (from wherever) who are already familiar with the system to participate in your RPG, so long as they can abide by our policy, since I don't think anyone in the Community besides yourself is familiar with the system and this will make it a go slow.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (7) »

> TOPIC: Icon's Kingmaker Adventure Pathfinder RPG Review

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,