ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question - Page 63 of 66

Yes a new thread can help in many matters - Page 63 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 5th Apr, 2017 - 3:55pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  « First of 66 pgs.  59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 
Pathfinder RPG PATHFINDER RPG - This Thread introduces the system, setting and is open to any questions players may have about rules or adventure.
Create / Edit Character Dice Dice Maps RPG Etiquette RPG Etiquette SRD GM Stats
ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question Related Information to ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question
  • Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder RPG Review
  • ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Main Game
  • ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Questions
  • ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Characters
  • All off topic: ICon Introduction
  • RPG Etiquette Do Not Post Off Topic or Personal Interests Here. Learn the differences between: Off topic, Out of Character and Your Introduction. Unrelated RPG content that is not specific to this game may be removed without notice.

30th Mar, 2017 - 2:38pm / Post ID: #
    Hand of Fate
    Click for Party Invent...
    Character
    Game Master ◀
    Base Has a Home Base
    Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question - Page 63

Game Master says...

Going by original Pathfinder rules, multiple cohorts are attainable through the Recruits feat, which caps cohort level at your level -4 instead. They are also individual partners who can be swapped. So you trade raw power for versatility, which the Ultimate Charisma rules lack.

Second, a cohort should be someone so dedicated to your hero, that they are a proper sidekick. On the other hand, followers may have your picture up on the wall and will gladly follow your instructions, but it doesn't approach stalker-like levels of infatuation.

Agree?

I found a bunch of items you could craft: Communique Rings, Missive Stones, Book of Whispers, or even creative use of Crystal Balls. Possibly Permanency plus Telepathic Bond, or the third-party item Captain's Horn. Somewhat related, I came across the Harrow Deck Of Secret Schemes which looks quite fun.

For your item, I'm imagining some planar magic, where the sound travels a short distance but in another plane. So the cost of a Genesis to set up the network? Then the individual items just need to connect to that plane. That's massively cost prohibitive though, if you could even find someone capable of casting Genesis. I do like the idea of "Infomancy" though and it's something I've thought about for my personal setting, but not extensively.

I'm willing to take suggestions from everyone.

EDIT: As for funding, I'm going to be boring and say Rules as Written. Gotta make that withdrawal because not everybody will agree to spend money that way. Then you can deposit it back for half it's total value (I.e for it's crafting cost - 5% profit for Kresnik) and regain BP. That's a terrible solution, but it's easy.

Reconcile Edited: iCon on 30th Mar, 2017 - 2:47pm

Sponsored Links:
    Post Date: 30th Mar, 2017 - 3:01pm / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question
    A Friend

Question Setting Rules Pathfinder Kingmaker ICon

I think that Theaton has one Cohort called Tyg and then the other fey could be followers as per the description or borderling cohorts due to his and Tyg's relationship? I am not sure on how the other Fey view Theaton.

Post Date: 30th Mar, 2017 - 3:08pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Fair enough, I'll stick with the one cohort.

As to the magic items, I missed most of those, thank you. Still not quite finding a good match though.

Several Crystal Balls would be the only items mention that would work without tweaking, though it would be a lot more expensive to do it that way than I'd been hoping for (Minimum 21,000 gp per group we want able to receive messages adds up very fast, and that's if we craft all of them ourselves). On the plus side they'd allow for other functions, as the balls can be used to scry anything.

Communique Rings and Missive stones work well for relatively short range, and we might consider some for coordinating things within a city. But I'm hoping for something that can allow for contact between groups all across Kamelarn. Objections to raising the price in exchange for the distance needed?

Captain's horn is very interesting, but is even shorter range, and only works on or near a ship.

Permanencied Telepathic bond could work, though it will be a while before we could pull it off. Also, I think I'd find it rather weird and intrusive to always have a mental connection to another person 24/7, and I can imagine all kinds of problems arising. We might ask some loving spouses to take on the burden or something like that, but then for it to be useful we'd also be asking for them to remain apart for long periods of timeā€¦

Several books of whispers would work very well, were it not for the '25 messages and it is spent' limitation. We also don't need its Secret Page function, as we're mostly talking about daily reports, not hidden spy messages. Would you be willing to change it such that it could be used 2-3 times per day indefinitely, but it doesn't waste magic encrypting the messages?

Edit: In terms of funding, can depositing a completed item back for kingdom use negate a portion of the unrest gained by withdrawing the funds for it? Not everyone may agree that it was the best use of resources, but I imagine that many would be mollified by seeing it was indeed used for the sake of the kingdom rather than the leaders just running off with the money.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 30th Mar, 2017 - 3:28pm

2nd Apr, 2017 - 4:37am / Post ID: #
    Kyra
    OathB Chosen One lvl 6
    Character
    Follower / Center
    Character Sheet Lock
    Base Has a Home Base

Page 63 Question Setting Rules Pathfinder Kingmaker ICon

The Diplomat says...

I will check in tomorrow, and see to replying. I just wanted to let you know I am still around, just very busy. Again, please forgive my activity, it has been hectic getting everything together.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 2nd Apr, 2017 - 4:38am

2nd Apr, 2017 - 4:48am / Post ID: #
    Hand of Fate
    Character
    Game Master ◀
    Base Has a Home Base

Question Setting Rules Pathfinder Kingmaker ICon

Game Master says...

Out of Character: So am I. I will wait for your post, it's only a short stall for time.

5th Apr, 2017 - 2:16pm / Post ID: #
    Hand of Fate
    Character
    Game Master ◀
    Base Has a Home Base

Game Master says...

Thomaslee, I hope you understand that I can't let the game fall behind too long. When you've got everything sorted feel free to pop back in and post. For now I'll assume Kyra's in the background.

Sorry for missing the questions earlier, KNtoran and Daishain.

Theaton can have Tyg as a cohort and take her along on adventures or have her perform her own duties while you're away. As a Grig, she will have an effective cohort level of 3 and you can choose a class for her to go into at higher levels (Likely Bard or Skald).
    Bal, Neenah and Perlivash can be followers. The others you have met, no so much. You don't have to fill all of your follower slots with named characters unless you want to.

In response to Daishain, it may be an overly strict interpretation of the rules, but I take comfort in the rules as written. I'm just trying explain away the unrest. I have no idea if that's a realistic rule or not.
    As for the price of magic items, that's simply what it will cost. Setting up a communication network won't be cheap as it'll be unique to your nation and it all depends on the parameters and limits you want. Also note magic item limits of no more than 1 per slot.

I still haven't fully checked Theaton's and Mykael's level ups, but I notice neither added Leadership Score. We can deal with all that and adding perks when I find the time. I'll assume your sheets are fine for now.

With a potential influx of new NPCs and side characters, plus discussions between characters, should I create a new topic dedicated to roleplaying and relationships? Also for revealing backgrounds, campfire stories, proselytising and individual quests?
    Does everyone feel that that would unclutter the main topic? I would like a few opinions before asking the admin if I can make it.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
    Post Date: 5th Apr, 2017 - 2:56pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules Setting Question - Page 63

No objections whatsoever to the creation of a new thread here, it should considerably help matters.

In regards to unrest, I believe the rules were intended to dissuade players using the setup to directly profit, which is not the case here. I just think there ought be some way to use kingdom resources to complete kingdom projects outside of the usual that isn't likely to end in revolution.

In any case, if there's no flexibility on magic items, I guess we'll start looking into the creation of a single Crystal ball when and if resources become available. Won't be to enable two way communication like that, but at least outflung groups will be able to effectively report in.

Post Date: 5th Apr, 2017 - 3:55pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules Setting Question D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 63

Yes a new thread can help in many matters of talk between two or more characters that is different than in the main thread or questions thread.

Theaton will use Tyg as she sees fit. If she comes along he will have her sitting on his shoulder when she is not scouting up ahead or talking to the other Fey about what is going on in the area. He does like it when she is there helping them.

+  « First of 66 pgs.  59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 

> TOPIC: ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
    ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
    Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
    This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
    This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.