ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question - Page 10 of 66

You do use a d20, the result is just capped - Page 10 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 11th Jun, 2015 - 1:54am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

11th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock

+  « First of 66 pgs.  6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14  ...Latest (66) »
Pathfinder RPG PATHFINDER RPG - This Thread introduces the system, setting and is open to any questions players may have about rules or adventure.
Create / Edit Character Dice Dice Maps RPG Etiquette RPG Etiquette SRD GM Stats
ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question Related Information to ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question
  • Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder RPG Review
  • ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Main Game
  • ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Questions
  • ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Characters
  • All off topic: ICon Introduction
  • RPG Etiquette Do Not Post Off Topic or Personal Interests Here. Learn the differences between: Off topic, Out of Character and Your Introduction. Unrelated RPG content that is not specific to this game may be removed without notice.

8th Jun, 2015 - 2:52pm / Post ID: #
    Mykael Brewmor
    Fighter3 Paladin3
    Character
    Novice / Right Fwd. Flank
    Character Sheet Lock
    Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question - Page 10

Ignoble says...

Quick question, and I apologize if this has already been answered but I couldn't find it. Where is Oleg's Trading Post in relation to Rostov? I'm assuming south and if so how far/how many days travel through what kind of terrain? Also, when completing the hex map is there a particular hex that you would want us to place the trading post for the purpose of mapping out the territory?

Sponsored Links:
    9th Jun, 2015 - 1:25am / Post ID: #
    Hand of Fate
    Click for Party Invent...
    Character
    Game Master ◀
    Base Has a Home Base

Question Setting Rules Pathfinder Kingmaker ICon

Game Master says...

It's to the East, but you don't know that in character yet. The other answers you will have to find out in game, it shouldn't take too long though.

When it comes to the hex map, I am actually handing out XP and handling exploration 12 hexes at a time. Or at least that was the plan, at the moment I'm just doing free-form exploration. I have been providing the map so far, but if you wish to also draw a copy of the map by hand you can put Oleg's at the very top corner of the 3rd hex from the right.

9th Jun, 2015 - 9:21pm / Post ID: #
    Mykael Brewmor
    Fighter3 Paladin3
    Character
    Novice / Right Fwd. Flank
    Character Sheet Lock

ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Ignoble says...

I'm assuming this is the best place to post these questions in order to avoid clogging up the main thread with Out of Character: chatter, if not feel free to redirect me. I'm a little uncertain on the last post in the prologue thread where Sgt. Eriks tells Mykael that he can't confirm that he would actually be dismissed. I'm uncertain if that meant Mykael was expected to show up for his guard duty until his dismissal was confirmed or if the Sgt. Is telling Mykael that he is essentially free and the paperwork will catch up?

Mykael would not leave his post if he believed that he was not officially free to do so; just trying to figure out for my next post whether Mykael needs to wait a couple of days or if he can leave town as soon as he figures out what direction he needs to go in.

10th Jun, 2015 - 2:08am / Post ID: #
    Hand of Fate
    Character
    Game Master ◀
    Base Has a Home Base

Page 10 Question Setting Rules Pathfinder Kingmaker ICon

Game Master says...

Feel free to ask in character, or you can even post an action and leave a Out of Character: tag at the bottom. I'll answer in that thread.

Post Date: 10th Jun, 2015 - 5:24am / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question
    A Friend

Question Setting Rules Pathfinder Kingmaker ICon

Last question, writing up my background now so it shouldn't be much longer - are you using the slow, medium, or fast advancement from Pathfinder? My character sheet on Role-playing Game Crossing is asking.

10th Jun, 2015 - 2:35pm / Post ID: #
    Hand of Fate
    Character
    Game Master ◀
    Base Has a Home Base

ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question

Game Master says...

I chose to use Fast Progression. While the adventure suggests medium, I decided that there's more than enough content, without adding lots of random encounters.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
    10th Jun, 2015 - 8:23pm / Post ID: #
    Zork II
    Fighter Level 6
    Character
    Loner / Middle Front
    Character Sheet Lock
    Retired Retired

ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules Setting Question - Page 10

The Second says...

Just following up on the Engineering roll. Would I still roll? Should I use a d10 next time or is it always "10"?

11th Jun, 2015 - 1:54am / Post ID: #
    Hand of Fate
    Character
    Game Master ◀
    Base Has a Home Base

ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules Setting Question D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 10

Game Master says...

You do use a d20, the result is just capped at 10. That means you have a 55% chance to get a 10, and a 5% chance for each lower number.
    This applies to all skills you don't have ranks in, and that specifically say they can't be used untrained. For example at the bottom of the Knowledge skill, it says an untrained character cannot make a check with a DC higher than 10, unless they are in an extensive library.
    On the other hand, skills like Diplomacy and Ride (And many others) don't say "Trained Only" In the title so they can be used.

> TOPIC: ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
    ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
    Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
    This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
    This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.