ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters - Page 28 of 48

I can see your character, but it would be - Page 28 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 28th Oct, 2015 - 10:51am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

11th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  « First of 48 pgs.  24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32  ...Latest (48) »
Closed
Pathfinder RPG PATHFINDER RPG - The first step is to write an imaginative backstory for your character that is level and setting appropriate. Level 1 characters are unaccomplished but have enough past experience to start adventuring.
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters Related Information to ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters
23rd Oct, 2015 - 5:20am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters - Page 28

Game Master says...

That is an awesome idea and fits really well with the lore! The specifics of what new characters get in my campaign is on page 1 of this thread. Unfortunately, you start at level 1, but I think we will be starting the second book soon, shooting everyone up to level 4.

Red dragons have a long history in Brevoy so that bloodline is perfect!

Consider the Slag Child alternate racial trait. You don't have to take it, but it would be great flavour to append "-slag" To your last name. You could be a former Golka clan member from the Golushkin mountains if you wish, or an offshoot of the clan that has been disgraced with a similar surname.
Note that the Golka were still the ruling family until a decade ago when all contact with the surface ceased. Nobody has figured out what occurred in the Vanishing, but the royal family of the human king also disappeared.

Or, of course, you can be from a different clan in another mountain range.

The one detail I do not like is the alignment. I'm inclined to reject evil characters unless they're LE, since they at least will help in a team. But if you wish to play a more chaotic character than that, I suggest True Neutral. That alignment is still very much unlike the usual LG dwarf.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 23rd Oct, 2015 - 1:14pm / Post ID: #

ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters
A Friend

Characters Create Pathfinder AP Kingmaker ICons

Thanks for the help with specifics. I'll likely use most of what you said. About the alignment I wasn't really sure which one fit with what I wanted to do. Basically I wanted to play him as a guy who feels he's owed something and he plans on getting it and while he's not one to just randomly murder people he will do what he has to do if you stand in his way. I'll work at rolling up the specifics maybe this evening.

Thanks

Post Date: 24th Oct, 2015 - 1:39am / Post ID: #

A Friend

ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Okay so I've figured most of my background and stuff out and will post soon. A few quick questions though. My character is going to really embrace his dragon heritage. I'd like to spend a little extra (How much is your call of course) on a battle axe shaped like a dragon. The two heads of the axe would be the wings, the head would stick out the top and the tail would wrap around the handle. I'd like to be able to cast any flame based spells like burning hands out of the open mouth of the dragon. This would be flavour with no specific benefits. The other thing is I'd like to have is a red cloak with a scale like pattern sewn in with a darker red thread. It would have 5 dorsal ridge spikes from the back of my neck to my lower spine. The scales could become really pronounced and metallic looking when I cast mage armour which brings me to my final question. I can get mage armour at first level but I get it as a bonus spell from my bloodline at 3rd level. At that point can I swap that spell out for another first level spell?

The traits I'm thinking of taking are Flame Touched, Outcast's Intuition and Lesser Noble.

Thanks

25th Oct, 2015 - 2:55am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

Page 28 Characters Create Pathfinder AP Kingmaker ICons

Game Master says...

Lawful Evil is probably too extreme then. Evil people are basically greedy for many things, which your character isn't. Neutral people aren't barred from having a motivation. I think TN is exactly what you described.

The axe sounds like something that actually wouldn't be masterwork. For the normal price it can crudely represent a dragon. You can spend double to get a recognisable dragon shape.

That cloak would cost 5 gold which can be included in your 10 gp outfit.

I do not mind the re-flavoured spells as long as they work the same. That is to say they aren't 'attached' to the axe or cloak.

I'll take a page from the Scalykind domain and offer you Magic Fang to replace Mage Armor at 3rd level. Do you think that's balanced, or would choosing a sorcerer spell be better?

Those traits are fine, but it's possible I will continually forget Flame Touched. You will have to remind me.

Post Date: 27th Oct, 2015 - 1:30am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Characters Create Pathfinder AP Kingmaker ICons

Sorry it took so long. I finally finished rolling my character and polishing my backstory. I've set the character sheet up at [..] so to avoid a huge text block I'll just paste the link.

A true dwarfs greatest legacy is not from the fruit of his loins but the fruit of his forge and my grandsire was a true dwarf. My story begins 143 years ago when my grandsire, the ruler of Taggoret in the Five King Mountains, chose to strike a bargain with a Dragon. In exchange for a safe hideout, as many mountain goats as he could eat and the company of my mother he would power my grandsire's forge. My grandsire jumped at the chance and he was soon turning out the highest quality items the city of Taggoret had ever seen. Eyebrows were raised when my mother became with child and no one claimed me as their own. It was axes and hammers that were raised when in a fit of rage over a comment about my parentage my pupils became serpentine, I a grew a set of claws and mauled him almost to death. Blinded by short sighted jealousy and thirst for power the other clans in the city banded together, slew my sire, the red dragon and my grandsire the king and drove me and my mother from the city. Now I wander alone, biding my time until the day comes that I return to Taggoret and reclaim what is rightfully mine.

So it turns out I can't paste the link and the format when I try copy the sheet as text is garbage. Any ideas? [..]

Post Date: 27th Oct, 2015 - 4:49am / Post ID: #

Anarchistbis, this site has its own character sheets and text Role-playing Game creator. You need to start by using the "Create Associated Role-playing Game Character" Button to the top left. You will then be given many boxes to fill in your character, choose an avatar, etc.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 28th Oct, 2015 - 12:04am / Post ID: #

A Friend

ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters - Page 28

Okay I've transcribed my character over to the built in sheet. Can you see it right away or do I copy and paste all the stuff into the thread?

28th Oct, 2015 - 10:51am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 28

Game Master says...

I can see your character, but it would be good to have a copy in the thread as well, just at level 1.

Eschew Materials should count as a feat in your feats list.

So the Lesser Noble trait does not count nobility as a class skill? Sadly, this treats rolls above 10 as a 10 since you still have it untrained.

Do you want to have been born not long after the bargain was struck 143 years ago? Do note dwarves achieve medium age modifiers at 125 years of age.

Alk had been on the road for longer than a man would remember. At first he had attempted to move to another city of the Five Kings Mountains, but word spreads fast and he was either refused entry or driven out by their residents within a few days. Trekking the mountains all the way north was hard and dangerous, but he did not find a place to fit in.

There was certainly no refuge in Kyonin, the elves' ancient enmity rising to the surface. The men River Kingdoms were also unfriendly, but at least Alk felt free here. Despite not belonging to any particular group, all river folk were individualistic and Alk fit in, no questions asked.

After a few towns, Alk came across the town of Uringen. It's a strange town with a static portion and an unstuck portion which randomly disappears completely into the dense fogs of the region and reappears at unknown times. This makes it a haven for criminals seeking sanctuary and skilled alchemists and woodsmen reaping the benefits of land not yet cleared for farms.

Does Alk like the town enough to settle in its affordable housing? How long has he been here and what is his life like week to week? You can answer in the prologue thread here: Source 1a

> TOPIC: ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.