ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters - Page 8 of 48

I think I got the skills right now, but let - Page 8 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 13th Sep, 2013 - 9:57pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

12th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  « First of 48 pgs.  4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12  ...Latest (48) »
Closed
Pathfinder RPG PATHFINDER RPG - The first step is to write an imaginative backstory for your character that is level and setting appropriate. Level 1 characters are unaccomplished but have enough past experience to start adventuring.
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters Related Information to ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters
Post Date: 26th Aug, 2013 - 9:52pm / Post ID: #

ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters
A Friend

ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters - Page 8

Are you still accepting applications? Could I run a character idea by you before I roll up some stats? I do know Pathfinder but I need to read a little bit more about your rules, and please excuse me if I do something stupid like forget to add a modifier to a roll, my old dungeon master always had to make sure I did things correctly.

Okay, here is my rough idea, I have wanted to play a character like this for a long time now:

Name: Aliora
Race: Half-Orc
Alternate Racial Features: Rock Climber, Sacred Tatoo
Class: Monk of the Sacred Mountain (Archtype)
Traits: Deft Dodger, Mutant Eye
Alignment: LG
Personality: Aliora is a good natured yet often misunderstood soul, she seeks to travel the world to learn more of herself and the people that live there. She hopes to eventually find acceptance for who she is instead of rejection for how she looks. She will glady help anyone in need to finally have a place to start building the reputation she will need if she is ever to be accepted by those around her. She is not sensitive about her third eye, she considers it a blessing and makes no attempt to hide it. A simple headband would conceal it from unwanting eyes but she wears it as a badge of honor. She is normally very withdrawn, tending to focus her mind on meditations and her continual training regiment. Every morning she begins the day with a breathtaking display of the martial arts which she has learned to flow into a disciplined dance. This was a part of her everyday routine at the temple and has become her ritualistic greeting to the day.

Sponsored Links:
27th Aug, 2013 - 6:05pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Characters Create Pathfinder AP Kingmaker ICons

Game Master says...

Yes, I'm still accepting characters, and always will. What an interesting sounding character! Would she have self-trained away from society? What about her childhood? And what motivation is there to explore or settle a wild frontier?

Feel free to post up a character, you sound like you know what to do. The first post, last few paragraphs, explain what specific system to use. Also, choose an additional trait, hopefully it makes up for 15 point buy.

Post Date: 28th Aug, 2013 - 2:13am / Post ID: #

A Friend

ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters Archive Pathfinder / D&D

After some thought here goes nothing:

Background

"It's horrible, get it away!", the cry was not one that would be expected from a mother, especially one who had just given birth. Salina had known that the chances of his child being born normal were slim. She had fully expected the pale green skin, the dominant canines, and even the bloodred eyes, but nothing had prepared her for the third eye. It was truely an abomination.

Her unholy union with the massive beast Gorthunk, an Orc slave whose stamina was legendary, had brought on something she had never wanted. Nine months of delay to her plans of domination for the region of Silmonea, nine months of pain and sickness that preventer her from completing the crafting of the Jade Skull. An Artifact that would give her unchallanged control over the many dead that littered the ruined country-side in the wake of her rapidly advancing armies. She had planned over the last few months to use the child of her womb as a sacrifice to fuel the creation process, but deformed as the child was she wasn't even worthy as a sacrificial lamb.

"Give it to the father, before you slit their worthless throats." She ordered and watched her trusted luitenant back out of the bedchamber with a deep bow, the abomination wrapped in dark cloths.
Gorthunk was unusual for an orc in more than just his size, a biproduct of the circumstances of his own interacial parentage, he seemed more ogre than orc. He had spent his entire life under the witches thumb and had only taken to her bed to keep his head on her shoulders. The womans lust for pleasures of the flesh was almost as great as her vicious temper and dark disposition. Seeing his child for the first time, he was filled with something that was foreign to most of his race, despite the childs deformities he knew he could not let Salina's evil schemes harm the child.

A flash of metal in the dim torchlight warned him split seconds before his lifeblood would have spewed forth across the fragile form of his first and only child. Fighting with his child in arm was difficult, but years of serving the witch as a slave and soldier had honed his muscles to a fine fighting edge. It was a brutal fight, one that ended with the dissapearance of an orc and it's half-human infant, but not in the way Salina had planned.

He managed to make it out of the compound, past Salina's massive armies, and deep into the mountains before he succumbed to his wounds. The beast died with a smile on his face, he had reached the reputed monestary in time, his child would live on.

The Monks of the Sacred Mountain didn't know what to make of the situation, but they were not about to allow the child to freeze in the cold wintry mountain air, no matter what her parentage was. Secluded and hidden from outsiders in a small valley surrounded by treacherous clicks and jagged peaks, Aliora would grow into a strong warrior. Far away from the judging eyes of the so called civilized races, she was raised with patience, understanding, and most importantly, love.

Motivation to explore the wild

"I will not foget everything you have taught me Master," The unusual half-orc ramained kneeling in a contemplative stance, her massive arms resting calmly on her knees. All around her, the almost ritualistic life of warrior monks continued unnoticed by Aliora. Not far away a desciple of the Sacred Moutain stood perched precariously on the head of a quarterstaff that stayed balanced and unsupported on the cold cobblestone floor. The desciple had been there for three days now and was nearing the end of his first trial needed to be proclaimed a true monk of the Sacred Mountain. The trials would last him for the next three months.

"Go with the brotherhoods blessings child, you must walk your own path, there are many lessons that you must learn outside of the confines of these stone walls. This place is like a cage, and you were born to be free.", the masters words came as a mixed blessing to the half-orc, she had always known that one day she would leave, but the temple was the only home she had ever known.

She knew despite the lack of actual praise from the masters, that they considered her one of their most prized students. Her ability to read a mans facial expressions had become somewhat legendary and the masters had explained that the physical representation of the minds eye was the reason behind her unusual perceptiveness. Aliora bowed deeply touching her forehead to the stoneworked floor in acknowledgment of the masters wishes before rising, gathering her quarterstaff, and making her way to the secluded temples gates. There was nothing else that needed to be said, like her the master was also extremely perceptive to what lay inside a heart, and they were far past the need for verbal communication.

It was time for the halforc to stand on her own two feet, time for her to venture out into the wide world, and time to face her destiny.

Name: Aliora
Race: Half-Orc
Height: 5'5
Weight: 259
Eyes: Calm and gentle red
Hair: Black dreadlocks pulled into a ponytail
Alternate Racial Features: Rock Climber, Sacred Tattoo
-Rock Climber Half-orcs from mountainous regions are excellent climbers, and sometimes ambush prey by leaping down from above. Half-orcs with this racial trait gain a +1 racial bonus on Acrobatics and Climb checks. This racial trait replaces the intimidating trait.
-Sacred Tattoo Many half-orcs decorate themselves with tattoos, piercings, and ritual scarification, which they consider sacred markings. Half-orcs with this racial trait gain a +1 luck bonus on all saving throws. This racial trait replaces orc ferocity.
Class: Monk of the Sacred Mountain
Traits: Deft Dodger, Mutant Eye, Reactionary
Feats: Deadly Aim, Improved Grapple
Alignment: LG

Stats
Strength 18 (+4) <- racial bonus here
Dexterity 13 (+1)
Constitution 13 (+1)
Intelligence 8 (-1)
Wisdom 14 (+2)
Charisma 7 (-2)

Fortitude Save +3 (+1 sacred tattoo, not in total)
Reflex Save +3 (+1 bonus deft dodger, +1 sacred tattoo, not in total)
Will Save +4 (+1 sacred tattoo, not in total)

BAB +0
Basic Melee Attack +4
Basic Ranged Attack +1
CMB +4 = 0 [BAB] +4 [[Strength]] +0 [size] (+2) [Improved Grapple]
CMD +17 = 10 +0 [BAB] +4 [[Strength]] +1 [[Dexterity]] +0 [size] +2 [[Wisdom]]

HP 9
AC [13] = 10 +1 [[Dexterity]] +2 [[Wisdom]]
Touch AC [13]
Flat-Footed [12]
Initiative +1 = 1 [[Dexterity]] (Bonus +2 reactionary, not in total)

Languages: Common, Orc

Skills
Acrobatics +6 = [Dexterity] 1+1+4 (+1 rock climber)
Perception +6 = [Wisdom] 2+1+3
Sense Motive +6 = [Wisdom] 2+1+3

Equipment
Monk robes 2lbs 5gp
Quarter Staff 4lbs (Price is blank?)
Rations (7 days) 7lbs 7gp
Shuriken (50) 10lbs 5gp
Bedroll 5lbs 1sp
Blanket 3lbs 5sp
Waterskin 4 lbs 1gp
Backpack 2 lbs 2gp
Belt pouch 0.5lbs 2gp

Starting Gold: 50

29th Aug, 2013 - 3:18pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

Page 8 Characters Create Pathfinder AP Kingmaker ICons

Game Master says...

That was an amazing story! And a great character as well. I think that the specific monastery should be the Monastery of the Veil in Ustalav, since it actually perfectly fits what you wrote. Just assume that one of its other names ins Sacred Mountain.

Undead armies, evil artifacts, orc slaves, it all seems to fit into Ustalav's history. I'll simply rule that Silmonea is what the witch Salina called her own region, mostly unclaimed territory now, with pockets of loyalists spread across neighboring counties. Naturally, the government hasn't put out any information regarding Salina's status, keeping any word of the issue at a minimum.

Monk robes are free, they count as your 10gp free outfit. The quarterstaff appears to be free, I guess it's just a straight length of stick. A small question, no tent? And also you seem to have a bit more cash than monks normally get. You should start with 1d6 times 10 gold, before items (Did you roll a 5? Then subtract the items' values and consider a tent and a rope from previous climbing, maybe a cold-weather outfit as well. Just because the previous month was a winter one in the campaign.)

Crossing the treacherous mountains, then deserted plains, multiple rivers and a snow covered forest then snowy plains, over the course of a winter month, she spies a city due East, her preferred direction of travel. Aliora finds herself in a large city called Restov, and you quickly learn that it is not subject to the normal rule of Brevoy's king, but is governed by a council of its own. In the muddy streets between wooden buildings the people wear a mix of Brevoy's furs and fancy Taldan regalia. Where do you want to go?
You can begin posting in the Main Game topic.

Edited Message Edited...
Support: Link removed. See: Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Role-playing Game Review

Post Date: 29th Aug, 2013 - 9:37pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Characters Create Pathfinder AP Kingmaker ICons

Sorry it was getting late and I did not subtract the starting items from my gold.
Indeed I rolled a 5, but I will settle for 0 starting gold after buying items needed to survive if you want.
I forgot I got my robes for free. And yes I will take your suggested items. Here is a revised list:

Monk robes 2lbs Free
Quarter Staff 4lbs Free
Rations (7 days) 7lbs 7gp
Shuriken (50) 10lbs 5gp
Bedroll 5lbs 1sp
Blanket 3lbs 5sp
Waterskin 4lbs 1gp
Backpack 2lbs 2gp
Belt pouch 0.5lbs 2gp
Tent small 20lbs 10gp
Rope hemp 10lbs 1gp
Outfit, Cold Weather 7lbs 8gp

Total: 36 gp spent. 68.5lbs on person. Light load until 100lbs.

Rather off topic, but...
I am unsure what was deleted from your post, I checked where it directed to and it was just a conversation about external linking not being allowed. I hope it was not of importance. You could just tell me what to search instead of posting a link if it makes it easier.

31st Aug, 2013 - 6:10pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

Game Master says...

I will leave it up to you how much gold you have left, having none will certainly be a motivation to look for jobs.

The link was to the Monastery of the Veil, if you're experienced you should know where to find it. The page on the Pathfinder wiki doesn't contain many details, but following the links, they contain background information on the surrounding areas.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
12th Sep, 2013 - 8:11pm / Post ID: #

ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters - Page 8

If it is not too late, I would like to join this game. I am new to Pathfinder and play by post Role-playing Game 's so any help would be greatly appreciated. I have read through the Kingmaker player guide and here is the character I came up with.

Tarak Galaviel- Male Human Fighter

Back-story:
Tarak's family are Noble Rostlanders that own a small estate west of Restov that rests at the eastern edge of a forest, and is only a few miles from the Brevoy/River Kingdoms border. Although they are a Noble family, their name is almost unknown. The small estate owned by the Galaviel family is almost entirely self sufficient. They have small fields, gardens, and orchards that provide them with fruits and vegetables during the growing season, and raise a number of livestock animals that provide milk, wool, and meat. Being on the edge of a large forest, they always have an abundance of wood, and often enjoy hunting and foraging when the weather permits. Apart from the other livestock, the Galaviel family also breeds and trains horses. Tarak learned from an early age that hard work and dedication can provide you with everything that you need and most of what you want. Tarak's father was an accomplished fighter himself, and taught Tarak everything he knows about wielding weapons and armor, as well as riding.

Tarak had grown into a strong young man and had grown restless at his family's estate. Word was spreading rapidly out of Restov about the swordlords plans for the River Kingdoms, and Tarak was anxious to join in the struggle. He didn't care much for the swordlords or the politics of the land, but he relished the thought of driving the bandits out of the Stolen Lands. Tarak was a caring and compassionate man, and he despised banditry, lies, and deception.

Tarak Galaviel
Male Human Fighter
Alignment- Lawful Good
Age- 20
Height- 6"2"
Weight- 220lbs.
Hair- long, brown, and straight
Eyes- Blue
HP-12

Strength- 18=16+2(Human ability bonus)
Dexterity- 13
Constitution- 14
Intelligence- 9
Wisdom- 13
Charisma- 12

Saves:
Fortitude- +4
Reflex- +1
Will- +1

CMD- 15
CMB- 4
Initiative- 1

AC-11
Touch- 11
Flat Footed- 10

I"m not sure how many skills I could choose so:
Climb
Handle Animal
Heal
Ride (Wanted skill rank bonus here)
Survival
Swim

Feats:
Simple Weapon Prof.
Martial Weapon Prof.
Light Armor Prof.
Medium Armor Prof.
Heavy Armor Prof.
Combat Reflexes
Power Attack (Fighter extra feat)

Starting Gold- 180gp
Greataxe
Short Bow
20 arrows
Hide armor
Backpack
Bedroll
Winter Blanket
Common Lamp
Hemp Rope, 50ft
Soap
Water Skin
Whetstone
Cold-Weather Outfit
Flint and Steel
4 Bread loaves
2 Cheese Hunks
Light Horse
Riding Saddle
Bit and Bridle

Current Money- 19gp 5sp

I am not sure if I did this right, or left anything out, but help and advice are welcomed.

13th Sep, 2013 - 9:57pm / Post ID: #

ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 8

I think I got the skills right now, but let me know if I don't. I am very excited to get in on your game if you are still taking characters.

Tarak Galaviel
Male Human Fighter
Alignment- Lawful Good
Age- 20
Height- 6"2"
Weight- 220lbs.
Hair- long, brown, and straight
Eyes- Blue
HP-12

Strength- 18=16+2(Human ability bonus)
Dexterity- 13
Constitution- 14
Intelligence- 9
Wisdom- 13
Charisma- 12

Saves:
Fortitude- +4
Reflex- +1
Will- +1

CMD- 15
CMB- 4
Initiative- 1

AC-11
Touch- 11
Flat Footed- 10

Skills:
Ride- 1
Handle Animal- 1
Heal- 1
Survival- 1(Fighter extra skill rank)

Feats:
Simple Weapon Prof.
Martial Weapon Prof.
Light Armor Prof.
Medium Armor Prof.
Heavy Armor Prof.
Combat Reflexes
Power Attack (Fighter extra feat)

Starting Gold- 180gp
Greataxe
Short Bow
20 arrows
Hide armor
Backpack
Bedroll
Winter Blanket
Common Lamp
Hemp Rope, 50ft
Soap
Water Skin
Whetstone
Cold-Weather Outfit
Flint and Steel
4 Bread loaves
2 Cheese Hunks
Light Horse
Riding Saddle
Bit and Bridle

Current Money- 19gp 5sp

> TOPIC: ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.