ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 81 of 105

Vekkel is annoyed by the intrusion, but the - Page 81 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 19th Jun, 2015 - 5:17am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

24th June 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger

+  « First of 105 pgs.  77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85  ...Latest (105) »
Posts: 834 - Views: 34390
Pathfinder RPG PATHFINDER RPG - Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
Create / Edit Character Dice Dice Maps RPG Etiquette RPG Etiquette SRD GM Stats
ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue Related Information to ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
16th Jun, 2015 - 2:33am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 81

Game Master says...

The gnome lists his offers, "I need to sell my product as quickly as possible. 200 pounds of iron ore can be yours for 10 gold, 50 pounds of silver and lead ore for 6 gold, it's only a medium grade ore. The wines I have, very good bottles from the Aspodell and Menador Mountain ranges. Just 100 gold for 12 bottles, I can't go any cheaper."

Then the gnome replies to Archival's question, "From what I've heard, the Swordlords are investing in four new settlements. They're planning them south of the Brevoy border to avoid conflict, since that's currently no man's land. That means no taxes for a smart man who can beat the system."

"I'm only in Brevoy for a short time, but if you have a big project to work on you can contact me at my warehouse. Mil's Trading Company on Silver Street in Brastlewark, Cheliax. So do you want the goods?"



Sponsored Links:
16th Jun, 2015 - 4:03am / Post ID: #
Mykael Brewmor
Fighter3 Paladin3
Character
Novice / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Ignoble says...

Mykael nods to the well dressed man "Thank you sir" He says as he enters. Mykael is out of his element among the various merchants and probably sticks out like a sore thumb as he fumbles his way through the crowd. He does his best to find an open table and failing that stands in the corner near the wild grey haired man and surveys the room trying to figure out his next move. He raises his hand in an attempt to attract the attention of a passing barmaid and order a drink.

Mykael eyes the stranger in leather armor a couple of times and shifts nervously pulling at his own armor his hand instinctively going to his coin purse, not necessarily as a reaction to the man in the armor but more as a reaction to being in such a crowded environment. Mykael has fallen victim to pickpockets before and hopes to avoid a similar embarrassment in the future.

"You don't strike me as a merchant" Mykael says to the grey haired man wearing leather armor.



16th Jun, 2015 - 5:28am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Game Master says...

A brown haired girl in a white apron, no older than 15, passes by Mykael and takes his drink order, sliding between the other patrons on the way back to the bar.

The older man looks up at Mykael and grunts, "And neither do you. I'm more of an assistant, clerk and courier, but I've made my fair share of deals for Oleg. The name's Vekkel. What do I call you? And what brings a mercenary here?"



Post Date: 16th Jun, 2015 - 10:06pm / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
A Friend

Page 81 Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Smiling, I reply, "Mil's Trading Company on Silver Street in Brastlewark, Cheliax. I will remember that. I apologize, but currently I do not find myself in need of said ores. If I am going to travel to one of these four settlements you speak of, I had best start gathering some information. Once I have made a place for myself and my friend, I will keep your services in mind."

*With that I take the last bite of my food and sip of my tea while surveying the room. I spend some time conversing with others while gathering information on the four settlements spoken of. Caelum wanders the room, listening for what he can overhear on said topic and contacts me via our link if he overhears anything.*

18th Jun, 2015 - 1:22am / Post ID: #
Mykael Brewmor
Fighter3 Paladin3
Character
Novice / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Ignoble says...

"Mykael" He responds as he looks down at his own attire as though he just now realized that he does have the look of a mercenary "My name is Mykael Brewmor."

Mykael pulls out a chair and sits at the table with Vekkel. When the barmaid returns with his ale he slips a silver piece into her hand on top of the cost of the ale and tells her to keep the remainder (Assuming the ale costs less than a silver at this particular tavern, if it is more he will give at least one silver more than the actual cost.)

"And I'll cover this mans drinks as well" He tells the barmaid then turns his attention to Vekkel.

"I suppose I do have the look of a mercenary" He tells Vekkel and takes a swig of ale "I worked as a guard here in Rostov up until this morning. That's when this arrived." Mykael produces the parchment from the folds of his armor and presents it to Vekkel and allows him to read over it before folding it back up and returning it to it's place.

"Now it would seem I am on my way to this Olegs Trading Post. I was here hoping to find a caravan on its way to the trading post, or at least close to it, that might be in need of someone that has some skill with a sword. Your name had actually come up when I asked around; would there be any chance that you would accept some company on your return trip?"

If Archival approaches asking about any of the settlements near the trading post or if Mykael overhears Archival talking about it he would invite Archival to join him at the table and offer to buy him a drink and explain his quest to him. Either way he will suggest that "Travel along roads that are not regularly patrolled can be hazardous and there is safety in numbers. Perhaps, if nothing else, we may travel together to help ensure a safe journey."

Mykael Brewmor Results:
  • Perception on D20 (0): 7 (1 roll)


18th Jun, 2015 - 6:11am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue

Game Master says...

Diarmadhim
Archival begins to ask around about the settlements and over the course of the night learns a few rumors and a few trustworthy facts. From a patrons travelling all over the world and with contacts everywhere in the city you stitch together a story.

The four settlements are planned to extend the South Rostland Road further west, all the way to Pitax. These are the so called Stolen Lands, and a minority theorise that they will play a role in the conspiracy of Restov's independence.

Closest to the target of Pitax, 300 miles to the west, will be in the Gleneborn Uplands. Wedged between the nation of Numeria to the north and Pitax to the south will be a diplomatic nightmare, with the Tiger Lord barbarians and deluded king Castruccio Irovetti to placate. That's why experts were called, and it's up to a band of professional adventurers called the Iron Wraiths to solve.
The Slough is a swampy land closer to Restov. To keep the East Sellen River accessible, it was agents, diplomats and high-ranking soldiers of Brevoy who were sent there. There's little information on them, apart from the family name, Drelev.
The Greenbelt lies east of there, the river out of Restov needing defences of its own against bandits who also raid the pre-existing road west.
And directly south of Restov lie the Nomen Heights, the flattest and southernmost extension of the Hills of Nomen, and grassy Dunsward, with the Tors of Levenies mountain range further south. A large mercenary group was sent as a show of force to the centaurs, led by low-ranking but eager to impress Swordlord Maegar Varn.

Caelum is lucky enough to overhear some very specific information and pass it on as Archival tries to switch between conversations, a skill picked up talking to guests at the villa.

Aericsteele
Vekkel nods knowingly at the parchment. "Another one lucky enough to be picked as an explorer. You've got an adventure ahead of you it seems, and a dangerous one at that."

"They want you to clear the way for a settlement in the Greenbelt. You'll find a large forest that some explorers from long ago have named the Narlmarches and also the rolling hills of the Kamelands. I'm sure those words meant something two centuries ago, but they sound like gibberish to me."

Both
Caelum subtly overhears the wild grey haired man talking to the armoured man, "There's already a group of explorers out there, and they've managed to protect the trading post from bandit raids and pacify the kobolds, but there's still more bandits out there with some rumoured Stag Lord as their leader. I haven't even mentioned the wildlife, the fey and the monsters."

"I'll be going back to Oleg's soon. I have the last quarter of his stock to offload and a few more pounds of provisions to buy. We can leave at midday tomorrow, and at a fast pace can reach Nivakta's Crossing by dusk."

"Oops! Sorry!" Both eyes turn to the delayed barmaid who has spilled some ale. It's stained the clothes and jewelery of the short humanoid from the doorway, whose clothes seem to billow unnaturally with greater intensity. Caelum has obviously been listening in, but Mykael's invitation calms him.



Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 18th Jun, 2015 - 6:26am / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
A Friend

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 81

*After thoroughly canvassing the inn to gather information and make contacts that could prove useful in the future, Caelum messages Archival via their link.*

Caelum: "I believe I just saw something of note! It's a note, of all things. *Chuckles* I will see if I can find out more."

Archival nods and gives his thanks to the last person he was speaking with before replying to Caelum: "Great news! My thanks my friend! I will be there presently."

Caelum smiles at the girl, "It's okay, no harm was done! I'll be dry fairly quickly." Shortly after finishing the sentence his clothes are dry again thanks to his nature.

*Archival and Caelum each walk up to great the two seated men.*

Archival smiles, "Good evening! My friend and I could not help but overhear your discussion! I understand you might be travelling one of the new settlements?" After listening to the man in scale armor's logic, Archival nods emphatically. "I could not agree more. There certainly is safety in numbers," He grins, chuckling softly at his own private joke. "Oh, and thank you for the polite offer, but I have already had a drink."

*Archival holds out his hand to each of the men and firmly grasps their hands. Caelum follows suit.*

"Well met. I am Archival Oragor and my friend is Caelum."

Out of Character: I didn't know how many potential useful contacts were in the inn, so I made four Diplomacy rolls. Let me know if I need to roll more (But I'm fine with you rolling any additional ones instead to move the scene along).

Attached Image Edited: Diarmadhim on 18th Jun, 2015 - 6:34am

19th Jun, 2015 - 5:17am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 81

Game Master says...

Vekkel is annoyed by the intrusion, but the drink placed in front of him takes his attention and he takes a swig. The barmaid charges Mykael 10 copper for both drinks; a tad expensive, but at least it's not watered down unlike other taverns. She smiles weakly at the 1 silver tip and scurries back to the counter.

Caelum noticed the note was in well-scribed lettering and has the seal of Restov, a regal S above a duelling sword crossing a river. An official notice of some kind.

"I'm Vekkel Benzen," The old man replies as he struggles to stand. He extends a scarred hand and grasps hands in return. "And this is Mykael Brewmor." Archival gets the feeling that Vekkel isn't comfortable, maybe even a bit intimidated by his and the eidolon's jewellery. Vekkel is definitely has a down-to-earth and informal character.

"We were just discussing the settlements, yes. But at the moment there's not much settling happening at all. Just scouting land south of here and Oleg's. If you're looking to set up shop, then your on your own at the moment. If you're looking to take a role in helping your new hometown, now is probably the best time, but also the riskiest."

"As one of the first explorers you'll have some undying fame to your name. But I ask you is that worth losing a limb over?" He looks down at his left leg. He lifts the pant leg and instead of flesh, there is wood underneath.

Out of Character: Since this happened early in the night, (Not after the 3 hour period) I'll have two of those rolls apply after the conversation and 2 more the next morning, if that's okay with you?





Comment Add Comment As A Guest
Important Guest, please be considerate by using the appropriate tags as well as checking your grammar and ensuring that your Post complies with our RPG Etiquette before submitting or it will be deleted. See: Constructive Posting Policy.

# Characters:
0
# Words:
0
# Sentences:
0
# Paragraphs:
0
Reading Time:
0
Optional:
Search
  Dice Dice Options: Need Dice Help?
Shall I Tweak Rolls?
Dice Roll Purpose: Start# Type Bonus Amt.
Important [+] More Dice Fields? Use the "More Options" button below.
Explode / Implode D20:
Roll FULL Range D2-D100:
NOTE: Field input is NOT carried over to other pages.

Tip TIP: Press above button ONCE only. If you come back here via the [Back] button on your browser then you will need to click [More Options] button (below) first in order to re-enable your ability to Post.

 
> TOPIC: ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
 



International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.