ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 84 of 105

Archival and Caelum each shake Vekkel's - Page 84 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 2nd Jul, 2015 - 11:12am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

22nd May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock

+  « First of 105 pgs.  80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88  ...Latest (105) »
Posts: 834 - Views: 33993
Pathfinder RPG PATHFINDER RPG - Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
Create / Edit Character Dice Dice Maps RPG Etiquette RPG Etiquette SRD GM Stats
ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue Related Information to ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
Post Date: 29th Jun, 2015 - 7:27am / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
A Friend

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 84

*Archival takes the charter and hands it to Caelum, who places it in the hidden money belt he is wearing.*

Caelum asks, "What are some of the known threats in the area - both natural and unnatural? We overheard that there was an issue with kobolds in the area and bandits, but the current explorers have handled that. Is there any word on how they handled the kobold situation? We also heard tell that there are cultists of Gyronna in the area - what exactly does that cult entail and are there any ways to identify a practitioner? Some guards also mentioned a silver stag-skull amulet - what should we know about that?"

After Caelum finishes asking his questions, Archival asks, "What is the main goal behind sending explorers into each of the regions? Will there be any diplomatic issues we might have to deal with? If so, how would you like it to be handled? I don't want to cause any potential issues for you after you've been so helpful. Is this expedition to expand Brevoy's territory? If so, is there anything specific you would prefer we do to aid the acquisition?"

Sponsored Links:
29th Jun, 2015 - 1:47pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Game Master says...

"There are many wild animals, boars, wolves, bears and the like. There are also trolls and giant vermin, shambling mounds and many kinds of fey. Further south you may find Will-o'-wisps, Owlbears and Wyverns."

"With regards to the kobolds," He replies, "This will answer two questions. The current explorers dealt with the situation diplomatically and with a coup. I was told that they overthrew a shaman and convinced the chief to cease aggression. So dealing with natives is one diplomatic issue."
"Also dealing with borders especially those shared with River Kingdom micro nations, but I suspect that is further in the future. We are not picky about how these issues are resolved as long as Restov's reputation isn't irreversibly stained."

"We have no evidence that the cult of Gyronna has returned. If you do find them, their holy symbol is a bloodshot eye and chrysoberyl cat's eye gems have some significance to them. I don't know much else, it's a rather obscure cult. I only know that information, because there once stood her monastery in the Greenbelt."

"Captured bandits we interrogated have told us that it's a symbol their higher-ups hold. It's modelled after the skull their leader wears. Not even the bandits knew that much about the Stag Lord, just that he is strong and feared."

"The other questions I alone cannot answer. The Swordlords will reveal their plan in due time. For the moment I suggest not killing any soldiers of any nation and to offer tithes when requested."



Post Date: 29th Jun, 2015 - 2:31pm / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
A Friend

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Archival and Caelum nod in unison. "Thank you for the information," Archival states, "And for the charter. I will not disappoint you! Come Caelum, we should stop at the various places Vekkel had mentioned he would be visiting and hope we can catch him before we cause him to have to wait. Thank you again, Chief Surveyor Vand. Have a great day!" Archival strides from the room, filled with the vigour and energy of youth.

Caelum grins and chuckles as Archival heads out. "Farewell sir," He says with a bow, "It was a pleasure."

Caelum: Archival.
Archival: Yes?
Caelum: You turned the wrong way. *chuckle*
Archival: I did?! Oh, hah!

*Archival returns around the corner, grins, nods, and signs for Caelum to lead the way. They quickly make their way to the various stops Vekkel had mentioned, stopping only to question if he and Mykael are still there or if they have already moved on.*

29th Jun, 2015 - 5:10pm / Post ID: #
Mykael Brewmor
Fighter3 Paladin3
Character
Novice / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

Page 84 Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Ignoble says...

“I’ve come to make an offering and ask Gorum to bless my steel, that my sword might taste the blood of my enemies” he says in a manner equally as blunt as the man who had approached him. Mykael explains that he is preparing for a foray into the Greenbelt and that this will likely involve some form of battle, whether it is with humanoids or bandits, either way he is seeking Gorum’s blessing to give him strength and courage in combat.

After making the appropriate offerings and prayers Mykael returns to Vekkel and informs him that he is ready to depart as soon as Archival and Caelum arrive.



30th Jun, 2015 - 3:15pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Game Master says...

The tanner tells Archival that they have moved on, and so does the brewer. Caelum spots them just as they're entering the temple of Gorum, just down the road from the brewery. (Description here: Source 4e )

The priest scratches his head and says to Mykael, "I can say some words, but nothing really powerful. I know no spells that can last for more than a few hours; you see Gorum grants his favour in the heat of battle. The screams of my enemies are his choir and the swing of my sword my prayer.
"Are you sure you can't hire me as a bodyguard? Just 10 gold a day, with spells at an additional cost."

Vekkel shakes his head, "I can't afford it, and I've survived the road to Oleg's alone. Many escapes from bandits and animals. It's up to you though."

The priest adds, "Maybe you'd be more interested in the wands, scrolls or potions we have available? I'm not sure about your circumstance but maybe you can afford a magic weapon or armour?"



Post Date: 30th Jun, 2015 - 5:07pm / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
A Friend

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue

*Caelum points out where the two are heading and then he and Archival make their way to the path outside of the temple. They wait patiently, relieved to have not caused the pair to be delayed.*

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
1st Jul, 2015 - 2:35pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 84

Game Master says...

Since Archival doesn't enter, he doesn't hear the offer being presented.
Mykael is content with the holy words that are read from Gorum's war poems, describing the exploits of heroes while also teaching valuable lessons about battle. The collection box contains much gold coinage among weapons both of highest quality and those about to fall apart from rust. Mykael is free to leave as much as he wishes, as a few priests and minor nobles keep a wandering eye on him.

Aftther they leave Vekkel shakes hands with Archival and Caelum, "Great! You made it early! Let's head on to the apothecary."

Yolanda's Apothecary is a quaint and small place, clearly built to be wedged between existing buildings. It actually has no walls of its own, being built from the wooden walls of its neighbours. Inside, the roof is covered with hanging herbs being dried and a few small stove contain bubbling cauldrons. At the back is a large glass contraption - a network of containers and tubes undergoing various processes - at which sits Yolanda, a wrinkled old woman with silver hair and baggy eyes either side of a beaky nose.

Her accent is thick as she speaks to Vekkel, "here is the order, be vary careful with it. Now quick I need the money to start making the next batch. I cannot keep extending Oleg's credit." The potions are handled in an open topped box lined with straw, the money handed over promptly.

"And you three handsome gentlemen," She looks at the Mykael, Archival and Caelum. "Are you here to buy some potions? Do you see anything you like? I can make any kind of potion and I have many of the usual ones in stock."



Post Date: 2nd Jul, 2015 - 11:12am / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
A Friend

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 84

Archival and Caelum each shake Vekkel's hand in turn. “We did our best to ensure you gentlemen would not have to wait for us,” Archival explains. “My uncle always said 'to be early is to be on time, to be on time is to be late, and to be late is to be fired.' Words to live by.”

Archival and Caelum follow Vekkel into the apothecary's store. “Good morning ma'am. What would you suggest when one will potentially run into wild animals, giant vermin, owlbears, trolls, will-o'-wisps, wyverns, and various kinds of fey? If available, I would like to purchase a few flasks of oil and a tindertwig."

Attached Image Edited: Diarmadhim on 2nd Jul, 2015 - 11:14am



Comment Add Comment As A Guest
Important Guest, please be considerate by using the appropriate tags as well as checking your grammar and ensuring that your Post complies with our RPG Etiquette before submitting or it will be deleted. See: Constructive Posting Policy.

# Characters:
0
# Words:
0
# Sentences:
0
# Paragraphs:
0
Reading Time:
0
Optional:
Search
  Dice Dice Options: Need Dice Help?
Shall I Tweak Rolls?
Dice Roll Purpose: Start# Type Bonus Amt.
Important [+] More Dice Fields? Use the "More Options" button below.
Explode / Implode D20:
Roll FULL Range D2-D100:
NOTE: Field input is NOT carried over to other pages.

Tip TIP: Press above button ONCE only. If you come back here via the [Back] button on your browser then you will need to click [More Options] button (below) first in order to re-enable your ability to Post.

 
> TOPIC: ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
 



International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.