ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 94 of 105

The shot reverberates through the forest and - Page 94 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 13th Nov, 2015 - 3:00am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

29th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric

+  « First of 105 pgs.  90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98  ...Latest (105) »
Posts: 834 - Views: 34196
Pathfinder RPG PATHFINDER RPG - Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
Create / Edit Character Dice Dice Maps RPG Etiquette RPG Etiquette SRD GM Stats
ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue Related Information to ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
9th Nov, 2015 - 6:47am / Post ID: #
Grogdrol Hammerhand
GunslingerMusket Maste...
Character
Lieutenant / Right Rear Flank
Character Sheet ◀
Abroad Abroad

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 94

Lord of the Dance says...

Could you by chance tell me were the noble is now? I promised an old friend of mine I would find him.

Out of Character I will deconstruct 3 of my cartridges to then put the silver shots into them.



Sponsored Links:
9th Nov, 2015 - 12:49pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Game Master says...

"He continued his travel west," The sergeant replies. "He went with Vekkel and the guard, Mykael."

"We must move quickly then," Thorne says. "Thank you."

He leads Grogdrol out and says, "So you too are looking for a man. A noble even. We will cover more ground at a gallop, but tire our horses. Let's go!" He kicks his horse to speed leaving a trail of dust as Grogdrol tries to keep up.

The endless rolling plains rush past and Thorne slows so his horse doesn't tire too much. The moon rises a few hours before sunset. 3/4 full, not much time until it's full again. By sundown you see a speck on the horizon at the end of the road, probably Oleg's trading post.

As Grogdrol fixes his ammunition, Thorne watches with interest. He keeps first watch and you keep second. Occasionally you hear distant howls in the night.



Waking the next morning it's not long before both travellers smell a stench. Thorne heads into the grasslands to the south and finds three dead bodies, mauled to death by something with large claws. Their weapons lie scattered and armour is torn with rations and coins lying scattered around.

"This is his work," Thorne says. "It's only been here two days. Either he knows what he's capable of and shifted form on purpose, or these men hurt him and didn't know what was coming.

"There are also tracks heading south west just like the tracks of a large wolf. So it looks like he went away from Oleg's. I'll be following the tracks." He looks up at Grogdrol questioning what his next action will be.



10th Nov, 2015 - 2:05am / Post ID: #
Grogdrol Hammerhand
GunslingerMusket Maste...
Character
Lieutenant / Right Rear Flank
Character Sheet ◀
Abroad Abroad

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Lord of the Dance says...

I will follow until he is dealt with. We may yet come across the one I'm searching for and since he may be close by the werewolf is a threat to him as well.



10th Nov, 2015 - 10:07am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Page 94 Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Game Master says...

Thorne smiles and remounts, beginning to track his target. He stumbles around at first, taking some time to get a good set of prints to follow, but once he's on track, he follows the path like an expert. At midday you reach the treeline of an expansive forest that stretches for miles to the south west and is adjacent to rolling hills that dominate the terrain to the southeast.

Thorne leads the way into the forest and continues to track for the next few hours. Grogrol is surprised that he can infer so much from the slightest hints. A single pawprint, a broken branch, a scrap of cloth all tell a continuous tale.

By late afternoon, Thorne is ready to rest, but comes across another set of tracks, very recent. Just a few minutes off course there is a herd of three elk, drinking from a pool. Thorne says, "I'm tired of eating rations. Do you want to hunt some fresh dinner tonight?"

If you're willing, he suggests simultaneously shooting the closest elk, a majestic brown furred beast standing as tall as a man with medium antlers covered in velvet. That will require stealth to try to get close and an attack and damage roll using the Dice Options below.

Hand of Fate Results:
  • Elk perception on D20 (+7): 8 (1 roll)
  • Thorne Stealth on D20 (+8): 21 (1 roll)


10th Nov, 2015 - 1:08pm / Post ID: #
Grogdrol Hammerhand
GunslingerMusket Maste...
Character
Lieutenant / Right Rear Flank
Character Sheet ◀
Abroad Abroad

Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Lord of the Dance says...

Alright, sounds like a good idea. Rations can get rather tedious after a while.

Out of Character I want to make sure I'm within 40 feet of it. At that range my attack is against it's touch AC. And if I can get within 30ft of it I add 1 to my attack and damage rolls.

Attached Image Edited: KenGorbutt on 10th Nov, 2015 - 1:09pm

Grogdrol Hammerhand Results:
  • Stealth on D20 (+1): 11 (1 roll)
  • Attack at 40ft on D20 (+4): 19 (1 roll)


11th Nov, 2015 - 2:02pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue

Game Master says...

The three elk must be very distracted or highly imperceptive as the two hunters get awfully close, Thorne stops at 50 feet, crouched behind a bush and waiting for your signal.

Out of Character: I'll let you choose how close you want to get in case you want that 1 extra damage. The elk won't notice you, and you definitely hit touch. Flat- footed as well since they haven't acted yet! I need a damage roll and you should probably roll initiative in case the surprise action doesn't finish the elk off.

Hand of Fate Results:
  • Thorne Attack on D20 (+6): 9 (1 roll)
  • Comp Bow Dmg on D8 (+2): 8 (1 roll)


Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
11th Nov, 2015 - 3:24pm / Post ID: #
Grogdrol Hammerhand
GunslingerMusket Maste...
Character
Lieutenant / Right Rear Flank
Character Sheet ◀
Abroad Abroad

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 94

Lord of the Dance says...

Out of Character Yeah, I'll be at 30ft so I get the extra damage. Sorry about forgetting to roll damage on my last post.

Grogdrol Hammerhand Results:
  • Damage on D12 (+1): 5 (1 roll)
  • Initiative on D20 (+3): 10 (1 roll)


13th Nov, 2015 - 3:00am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 94

Game Master says...

The shot reverberates through the forest and the elk is struck with a bullet, a spurt of blood staining its hide. Thorne's arrow sails straight though it's antlers, just over its head. He swears and readies more arrows to fire.

The two uninjured elk run away from the noise and they are soon out of sight, but their loud bugling can be heard. The injured elk turns to see Grogdrol, bows its head ready to charge and gore. But the dwarf is swifter than the animal...

Hand of Fate Results:
  • Thorne Attack on D20 (+4): 10, 14 (2 rolls)
  • Comp Bow Dmg on D8 (+2): 10, 10 (2 rolls)
  • Elk Charge on D20 (+5): 12 (1 rolls)
  • Gore Damage on D6 (+2): 7 (1 rolls)




Comment Add Comment As A Guest
Important Guest, please be considerate by using the appropriate tags as well as checking your grammar and ensuring that your Post complies with our RPG Etiquette before submitting or it will be deleted. See: Constructive Posting Policy.

# Characters:
0
# Words:
0
# Sentences:
0
# Paragraphs:
0
Reading Time:
0
Optional:
Search
  Dice Dice Options: Need Dice Help?
Shall I Tweak Rolls?
Dice Roll Purpose: Start# Type Bonus Amt.
Important [+] More Dice Fields? Use the "More Options" button below.
Explode / Implode D20:
Roll FULL Range D2-D100:
NOTE: Field input is NOT carried over to other pages.

Tip TIP: Press above button ONCE only. If you come back here via the [Back] button on your browser then you will need to click [More Options] button (below) first in order to re-enable your ability to Post.

 
> TOPIC: ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
 



International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.