ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 95 of 105

The night passes uneventfully, but on second - Page 95 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 17th Nov, 2015 - 12:37pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

15th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  « First of 105 pgs.  91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99  ...Latest (105) »
Pathfinder RPG PATHFINDER RPG - Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
Create / Edit Character Dice Dice Maps RPG Etiquette RPG Etiquette SRD GM Stats
ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue Related Information to ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
13th Nov, 2015 - 12:23pm / Post ID: #
Grogdrol Hammerhand
GunslingerMusket Maste...
Character
Lieutenant / Right Rear Flank
Character Sheet ◀
Abroad Abroad

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 95

Lord of the Dance says...

Out of Character I will take a 5 ft step away after the elk charges me, reload the gun with my move action, and then fire another shot.

Grogdrol Hammerhand Results:
  • Attack on D20 (+5): 23 (1 roll)
  • Damage on D12 (+1): 11 (1 roll)

Sponsored Links:
13th Nov, 2015 - 5:06pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Game Master says...

The second shot downs the charging beast and it rolls a few times as it collapses on the ground before you. Thorne walks over, says "Great work," And bends down to slit its throat. It takes him the rest of the afternoon to prepare it and make a delicious roast leg, while preserving most of the remainder for later.

The morning after, both hunters pack for the day's travel, but putting them on they seem exceptionally heavy. As a dwarf, Grogdrol can take the load, but Thorne mumbles, "This pack sure is heavy this morning. All that deer must be weighing me down, or maybe I'm just getting old."

I need 2 perception checks.

Out of Character: That victory earns you 400 experience points because Thorne didn't help at all!

13th Nov, 2015 - 8:48pm / Post ID: #
Grogdrol Hammerhand
Character
Character Sheet ◀
Abroad Abroad

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue Archive Pathfinder / D&D

That was a good meal, I'm glad you spotted those elk. Kind of surprised it charged me though, usually, from what I know, they just run.

• Perception on D20 (+7): 23, 9 (2 rolls)

15th Nov, 2015 - 1:33pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

Page 95 Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Game Master says...

"Yeah, very odd," Thorne replies. "It was a bull though, it could have been defending the others."

Grogdrol notices that the weight in his pack is quite far off from what would be expected, even with elk meat. Pulling out your gear, at the bottom of the pack is a pile of stones and small rocks.

"What in the blazes?" Thorne responds and a squeaking laughter can be heard from high above. Thorne goes for his bow as he looks around. Immediately looking up, Grogdrol sees nothing in the trees.

15th Nov, 2015 - 2:05pm / Post ID: #
Grogdrol Hammerhand
Character
Character Sheet ◀
Abroad Abroad

Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Who's there! Why did you put rocks in my pack?

Out of Character I'll remove the rocks from my pack re-pack it and then start to leave.

16th Nov, 2015 - 2:42pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue

Game Master says...

The high pitched laughterfades away in response, leaving only the rustle of leaves. Thorne follows Grogdrol's example and unpacks the rocks also in his pack.

"It's probably a fey prank," He says. "Ancient forests like this one will house both benevolent and mischevious nature spirits. Judging by the harmlessness of that prank, we're lucky to have run into the seelie kind. They will usually be appeased with gifts, you should leave something of your own." Thorne reaches into his pack, drawing a gold piece and tossing it on the ground.

Thorne again tracks quickly and you cover much ground in the forest throughout the warm day. He only loses track once, but doubles back and finds it again. His efforts lead you to a wide river, where the footprints of bare human feet are clearly visible on the muddy bank. They turn southwards and switch to wolf paw prints.

Thorne says, "We're lucky he didn't fancy a swim, since there's no way I could've tracked him in water. It's getting late and I'd like a rest, unless you've got it in you to keep pushing onwards." Judging by the sun, it will be dark in an hour.

Out of Character: My laptop is acting up a bit so some posts may be delayed.

Hand of Fate Results:
  • Diplomacy on D20 (-1): 4 (1 roll)

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
16th Nov, 2015 - 3:47pm / Post ID: #
Grogdrol Hammerhand
Character
Character Sheet ◀
Abroad Abroad

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 95

Yes, we are indeed lucky that they are not more malicious beings since we did not notice them until they allowed us to. I believe that we should find a defensible area and stay the night there.

Out of Character I'll leave a gold piece along with his and then continue traveling. I'm also guessing that is what the diplomacy roll was for.

• Diplomacy on D20 (-2): 8 (1 roll)

17th Nov, 2015 - 12:37pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 95

Game Master says...

The night passes uneventfully, but on second watch you do hear the splashing of a creature far downstream. Thorne suggests keeping a watchful eye and finding it tomorrow and he falls back asleep.

The next day, your packs are thankfully not filled with stones, but as Grogdrol goes to the river to fill his waterskin, the shallow incline suddenly becomes slippery as though coated in a layer of Grease. He keeps his footing (Rolled you a 16 reflex save) and carefully makes his way out of the affected area.

As the dwarf goes to tell the hunter about what happened, a layer of grease appears beneath both of them! But again both keep their footing. There is the rustle of something quickly moving through the leaves above but it moves away.

"I don't think we appeased the fey enough, but I haven't had work for weeks, so I'm strapped for more cash."

Thorne continues to track at a fast pace, since the trail is clearly visible.

> TOPIC: ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.