ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 96 of 105

Grogdrol sees the steps to the cave rise 20 - Page 96 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 19th Nov, 2015 - 1:28pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

23rd May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock

+  « First of 105 pgs.  92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100  ...Latest (105) »
Posts: 834 - Views: 33997
Pathfinder RPG PATHFINDER RPG - Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
Create / Edit Character Dice Dice Maps RPG Etiquette RPG Etiquette SRD GM Stats
ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue Related Information to ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
17th Nov, 2015 - 12:48pm / Post ID: #
Grogdrol Hammerhand
GunslingerMusket Maste...
Character
Lieutenant / Right Rear Flank
Character Sheet ◀
Abroad Abroad

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 96

Lord of the Dance says...

Seems not. Hopefully we can either find our mark or at least get to Oleg's before long. It worries me that it is so close to the full moon.

Out of Character I will leave 20 gold for the fey.

Grogdrol Hammerhand Results:
  • Perception on D20 (+7): 10, 24, 14, 8 (4 rolls)
  • Diplomacy on D20 (-2): 1 (1 rolls)


Sponsored Links:
17th Nov, 2015 - 2:16pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Game Master says...

"Yes, by my reckoning it will be full tonight. We will have to be extra watchful," Thorne replies.

His tracking leads you to a ford across the river and be swears, "The tracks are obscured by the frequent travel. There was a group coming through here recently as well. They passed the river, but I'm not sure about the werewolf."

With his eyes to the gound, he seems to have missed the skinned and carved corpse of a large creature off to the left. Grogdrol can see a bear-like skeleton with internal organs being pecked at by crows. But the decapitated head nearby is that of a large owl.

Out of Character: Unlucky roll there, with an already low charisma...



17th Nov, 2015 - 2:44pm / Post ID: #
Grogdrol Hammerhand
GunslingerMusket Maste...
Character
Lieutenant / Right Rear Flank
Character Sheet ◀
Abroad Abroad

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Lord of the Dance says...

Whoever passed through probably killed that *points at the corpse*. I'd say since we won't likely come across the werewolf at this point I would say we follow the other tracks so that we are at least hopefully safer in numbers.

Out of Character Yeah, those rolls were horrendous.



18th Nov, 2015 - 1:29pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Page 96 Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Game Master says...

"Oh wow!" Thorne says. "A real life Owlbear! Well, actually a dead Owlbear." He studies it closely, poking its internals. "It's been dead for less than half a day. We must be close to whoever did this. Safety in numbers indeed. Let's go quickly."

Thorne tracks through the forest, the four horses tracks clearly visible but despite your effort you seem to be only keeping pace with them. By sundown the horses are tired, but Grogdrol sees a light coming from between the trees ahead, perhaps 1000 feet away. Thorne asks, "How should we approach?"



18th Nov, 2015 - 1:43pm / Post ID: #
Grogdrol Hammerhand
GunslingerMusket Maste...
Character
Lieutenant / Right Rear Flank
Character Sheet ◀
Abroad Abroad

Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Lord of the Dance says...

I would say on foot next to our horses, with our weapons sheathed. And once we get within eye shot, I would suggest making sure that they know we are coming so that there are no surprises.

Out of Character If he agrees, once we get within sight of anyone at the light I will shout to let them know of our existence.



19th Nov, 2015 - 1:55am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue

Game Master says...

After covering about 1000 feet, you still have not reached the location, but you see the source is actually a large source of light and it's at the base of a large 100 foot tall cliff, silhouetted against the starry night sky.

You approach closer, dismounted, and wait for a second at the edge of the clearing.

As the moon rises behind you to the east, you see the face of the cliff has an immense carving of an elk with its antlers drooping down to flank the 50 foot wide cave entrance. Against the light emanating from the cave you see 3 figures, two men standing guard and the unmistakable shadow of a wolf.

Out of Character: I have to delay you here, since you're close to the other party. It gives you a chance to consider your actions. I'll also take another perception check.



Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
19th Nov, 2015 - 2:02am / Post ID: #
Grogdrol Hammerhand
GunslingerMusket Maste...
Character
Lieutenant / Right Rear Flank
Character Sheet ◀
Abroad Abroad

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 96

Lord of the Dance says...

What do you believe we should do? Wait and see what they do first or just walk closer?

Grogdrol Hammerhand Results:
  • Perception on D20 (+7): 20 (1 roll)


19th Nov, 2015 - 1:28pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 96

Game Master says...

Grogdrol sees the steps to the cave rise 20 feet and the cavern itself is about 70 feet deep. There is also some movement from within, but the steps obscure the view. The man on watch next to the wolf turns to the cave, says something indistinct, turns back and draws his bow. The other man on guard is looking into the cave with a hand on his sword's hilt.

"Either," Thorne replies. "There's only one way to find out if they're friendly though. And you were the one to say safety in numbers."

Out of Character: It's entirely up to you. I just wanted to delay you one post, but now the two threads are in sync.





Comment Add Comment As A Guest
Important Guest, please be considerate by using the appropriate tags as well as checking your grammar and ensuring that your Post complies with our RPG Etiquette before submitting or it will be deleted. See: Constructive Posting Policy.

# Characters:
0
# Words:
0
# Sentences:
0
# Paragraphs:
0
Reading Time:
0
Optional:
Search
  Dice Dice Options: Need Dice Help?
Shall I Tweak Rolls?
Dice Roll Purpose: Start# Type Bonus Amt.
Important [+] More Dice Fields? Use the "More Options" button below.
Explode / Implode D20:
Roll FULL Range D2-D100:
NOTE: Field input is NOT carried over to other pages.

Tip TIP: Press above button ONCE only. If you come back here via the [Back] button on your browser then you will need to click [More Options] button (below) first in order to re-enable your ability to Post.

 
> TOPIC: ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
 



International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.