ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 102 of 105

Out of Character: Thanks, I was in a bit of - Page 102 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 25th Jan, 2017 - 12:35am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

15th June 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 105 pgs.  98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 
Posts: 834 - Views: 34332
Pathfinder RPG PATHFINDER RPG - Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
Create / Edit Character Dice Dice Maps RPG Etiquette RPG Etiquette SRD GM Stats
ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue Related Information to ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
17th Jan, 2017 - 2:11pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 102

Game Master says...

Akiros probably had most experience with the topic, "You would be right, Kyra, had the bandits not been mostly dealt with. I'm sure there's still a few independent pockets of robbers, but there is also wildlife along the river as both prey and predator. That will be the same case within the whole region, at least along the river seems the shortest route."

With you in agreement, Hegin is convinced and you set off on the scenic route following the river around the Tors of Levenies mountain range. You pass by a fork in the river, one tributary runs down from the mountains and into the Shrike before cascading down in a series of 10 to 30 foot waterfalls.

Later in the day, you come to the edge of a sheer drop-off. The Shrike River flows down the waterfall with a thunderous crash. It's quite a wondrous sight. By this time it is approaching night, so you are forced to set up camp on top of the cliff.

Akiros and Hegin take advantage of the natural shower the next morning and after being refreshed, travel continues in earnest. You split off from the river, so you don't have to double back north where it suddenly bends. Rejoining the river late in the day you have to camp again.

I'll take your camping and setup procedure, watch shifts (If any), and Perception rolls.

Out of Character: Don't get too caught up with the spelling. I know a few critical mistakes that have slipped through my fingers.

There are references to most - not all - locations on my GM character sheet. The towns aren't referenced.



Sponsored Links:
17th Jan, 2017 - 5:34pm / Post ID: #
Kyra
OathB Chosen One lvl 6
Character
Follower / Center
Character Sheet Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

The Diplomat says...

She was glad to see it decided, Kyra would travel with the others down the river. It was always interesting to travel with others yet again, though thankfully Hegin and Akiros were better company then many she had journeyed with.

Though she waited for when there was greater privacy, either when one was busy or asleep, Kyra also took advantage of the refreshing waterfall to bath. Even before at the inn, she had found the time though had more then gotten used to the fact that such was not always available on the road.

Once they were settled for the night and discussion of shifts came up, Kyra offers, "Perhaps we can take shifts of three, though perhaps with a bit of overlap so that we have two awake at least for part of the night. I could take second shift."

Though she would offer the reason why if pressed, this was in part so she can perhaps learn more about those she traveled with.



18th Jan, 2017 - 1:41pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Game Master says...

Hegin isn't quite as tired as Akiros, who has to walk, so takes the first shift. Akiros takes the last shift.

In the dim last hours of the day, as you are setting up camp by the sharp bend in the river, you hear deep, guttural voices from beyond the hillside. They are speaking in Giant. Four large green heads with crooked, beaky noses and pointy, upward-jutting chins appear over the hill and notice you as you notice them.

The lighting is dim, the hillside gradually slopes down towards your campsite for 60 feet, and the 250' wide river is 30 feet behind you. Thankfully you are still in armor as you hadn't fully set up camp yet. However it is now that Akiros realises, "I, uh… Mykael confiscated my sword and it wasn't returned."

Roll initiative!

Out of Character: I just remembered Akiros has a barbarian's land speed, so is actually as fast as Hegin's pony. And if you were wondering, of course the small village didn't have a grooming kit.

I'll also take Knowledge (Local) to identify these creatures.

Hand of Fate Results:
  • Initiative on D20 (+2): 4 (1 roll)


19th Jan, 2017 - 1:20pm / Post ID: #
Kyra
OathB Chosen One lvl 6
Character
Follower / Center
Character Sheet Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Page 102 Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

The Diplomat says...

Not sure what he might be able to use, Kyra tosses him her long bow and dagger to use while she prepares herself mentally just in case of trouble. They did not yet know what it was that is before them, so she raises a hand to hold off an attack at least until they knew the creature was aggressive.

More, despite not knowing Giant she would still try to communicate with it both by words, gestures, and body language if able as she tries to put forward that she isn't looking for a fight, "Hello, please. We are just passing through, and mean no harm." She tries for a stance of non-threatening and with arms out and palms open, to her tone hopefully showing what was being said.

This was as good a time as any to try and show what she was capable of, hopefully able to end without conflict despite not knowing the giant's native tongue. Hopefully she wasn't putting Hegin and Akiros in danger, and if a fight was needed they could do so without finding themselves hurt too badly

Looking to Akil for guidance, Kyra does what she can. The cat giving her direction silently.

Out of Character: A few rolls, coming though I am not sure how useful they might be or if the results will be good. Also, will being making use of Akil's at will Guidance for a bonus.

Attached Image Edited: Thomaslee on 19th Jan, 2017 - 1:25pm

Kyra Results:
  • Knowledge (local) on D20 (+4): 11 (1 roll)
  • Sense Motive on D20 (+4): 18 (1 roll)
  • Diplomacy on D20 (+16): 33 (1 roll)


22nd Jan, 2017 - 9:54am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Game Master says...

Out of Character: Retcon! Akiros actually did get his bow back. Only the sword was taken.

In Character: Kyra knows these are trolls. They are violent and hungry creatures and every scrap must be burnt to ensure they are destroyed. They crest the hill and roar as they commence their charge down towards you. With their bodies in full view, you can see one large sized troll in the rear is watching over three smaller, younger ones.

Akil meows, "Didn't work. Sometimes a paladin must act as defender."

Hegin runs to his pony as he draws his bow. He jumps on effortlessly and, in unison with Akiros, fires. Both arrows hit the troll in front (Troll 1: 9 damage). It's temporarily slowed as it looks down and pulls the arrows out of its chest.

Out of Character: Initiative and a round of combat (Because this one may get deadly).



24th Jan, 2017 - 4:35pm / Post ID: #
Kyra
OathB Chosen One lvl 6
Character
Follower / Center
Character Sheet Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue

The Diplomat says...

Kyra would take a few steps back, preparing her scimitar and shield before apologizing sheepishly to her companions, "Sorry, I though maybe that might work. I didn't realize at first they were trolls." The paladin considered there options since diplomacy failed, realizing the would have to fight the trolls.

The young paladin glazes to Aril, giving the feline a nod as she moves forward to attack. Kyra had hoped to avoid too much fighting on their way to Freehold, but should have known trouble may find them. Yet such thoughts were put aside as she focused on the battle ahead swinging her sword at the one closest to her.

She just needed to help keep herself and them safe.

Attached Image Edited: Thomaslee on 24th Jan, 2017 - 4:40pm

Kyra Results:
  • Attack on D20 (+0): 4, 4, 17, 8 (4 rolls)
  • Damage on D6 (+0): 4, 6, 4, 1 (4 rolls)
  • Initiative on D20 (+0): 10 (1 rolls)


Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 24th Jan, 2017 - 5:24pm / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
A Friend

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 102

Out of Character: If taking a full-round action to full attack, you should be getting two attacks per round. The first at +9 and the second at +4 (Level 6 Paladin, masterwork weapon, 14 Strength). So that's a 13 and an 8 for the first round, and a 26 and 12 for the second.

Your damage should be 1d6+2 (I assume you're utilizing your shield right now). So, the attacks would do 6, 8, 6, and 3 damage - depending on if they beat the enemy's AC or not.

Sorry ICon, I hope I didn't step on your toes! I just wanted to give you a hand since I saw no modifiers were placed on those rolls :D.

25th Jan, 2017 - 12:35am / Post ID: #
Kyra
OathB Chosen One lvl 6
Character
Follower / Center
Character Sheet Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 102

The Diplomat says...

Out of Character: Thanks, I was in a bit of a rush to get that post made and forgot to consider modifiers or other such details. With your help in what I missed, I guess Kyra will be good for the 1st and 2nd turns of combat.

I will be more careful and pay attention to those details myself next time, and I'll try to squeeze in a bit more where I can. It is frustrating, but my schedule changed I should be having a bit more availability between calls to keep up with posts.

Again though,being careful how I do so.

Attached Image Edited: Thomaslee on 25th Jan, 2017 - 12:36am





Comment Add Comment As A Guest
Important Guest, please be considerate by using the appropriate tags as well as checking your grammar and ensuring that your Post complies with our RPG Etiquette before submitting or it will be deleted. See: Constructive Posting Policy.

# Characters:
0
# Words:
0
# Sentences:
0
# Paragraphs:
0
Reading Time:
0
Optional:
Search
  Dice Dice Options: Need Dice Help?
Shall I Tweak Rolls?
Dice Roll Purpose: Start# Type Bonus Amt.
Important [+] More Dice Fields? Use the "More Options" button below.
Explode / Implode D20:
Roll FULL Range D2-D100:
NOTE: Field input is NOT carried over to other pages.

Tip TIP: Press above button ONCE only. If you come back here via the [Back] button on your browser then you will need to click [More Options] button (below) first in order to re-enable your ability to Post.

 
> TOPIC: ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
 



International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.