ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 104 of 105

Out of Character: I would have allowed your - Page 104 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 7th Feb, 2017 - 12:50pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

15th June 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger

+  « First of 105 pgs.  100 101 102 103 104 105 
Posts: 834 - Views: 34331
Pathfinder RPG PATHFINDER RPG - Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
Create / Edit Character Dice Dice Maps RPG Etiquette RPG Etiquette SRD GM Stats
ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue Related Information to ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
29th Jan, 2017 - 2:54pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 104

Game Master says...

Kyra had healed herself before the attack (Kyra 8 healed).

Akiros shoots and hits the troll (Troll 1: 8 damage). As he moves right behind you, you hear him muttering a mantra "I will be temperate in my actions and moderate in my behavior. I will strive to emulate Iomedaeā€™s perfection. I will not let the anger flow."
Hegin continues to draw the troll up the hill, northwards this time. His shot also connects (Troll 2: 7 damage).
The horse and adult troll crest a hill and are now out of sight.

The unburnt wounds of the trolls continue their slow repair as the one facing Kyra keeps stepping up to her. The bite and claw connect bringing the paladin down (Kyra 7+7 damage). Everything goes black as time slows and the last words you hear are "Ally Down!" and the squelch of approaching footsteps.

Out of Character: I can only count 3 uses of Lay on Hands and 1 Paws.

I need 3 death saves from you.

Rolling for Hegin's Lay on Hands (2d6):.

Hand of Fate Results:
  • Lay on Hands on D6 (+0): 6, 2, 4, 6, 6, 5 (6 rolls)


Sponsored Links:
2nd Feb, 2017 - 12:37pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Game Master says...

Out of Character: I rolled you an unmodified 3 and 20, so you bleed for one round (Kyra 1 damage).

Kyra doesn't witness Hegin turn around and run his pony towards the melee, while firing back wildly, missing. Nor does she notice Akiros pick up the burning sword in two hands to attack the troll (Troll 1: 8 damage 4 fire).

The troll wastes no time in switching targets to Akiros. It attempts the same tactic, latching on with everything and trying to rend him (Akiros 5+4+7+5 damage). The other troll runs, but is still 40' away.

Hegin leans over on his pony to reach down to Kyra, Laying on Hands (Kyra 8 healed). It's enough strength for Kyra to act, though she is prone on the ground.

In Character: It feels like a split second later, your eyes flutter open to see Hegin staring down at you, "It's not over yet! We've got incoming!" He pulls himself back up on his pony, "I'll be right here to patch you up some more."
The flash of a burning blade above you reveals that Akiros is swinging your scimitar now as he draws his own shield in his off hand. Unfortunately, he misses.

The troll hasn't noticed Kyra regain consciousness and attacks Akiros, hitting with a bite and claw (Akiros 5+7 damage). "I'm hurting!" he shouts. The other troll finally manages to catch Hegin, charging at him and biting (Hegin 5 damage).

Akiros looks hurt, Hegin looks unsure of his next move, Akil looks worried. What do you do?



2nd Feb, 2017 - 3:52pm / Post ID: #
Kyra
OathB Chosen One lvl 6
Character
Follower / Center
Character Sheet Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Diplomat says...

"Thank you," she says to Hegin, once regaining consciousness and was awake to see just what the state of things were. Akiros was using her flaming scimitar, but misses hitting the troll focused on him with even the cleric getting hurt.

Finally Kyra admits there is simply too much to lose, that they won't win this battle, and says, "We must flee, retreat. To the shallows of the water, anything to outrun these trolls and get away." The paladin hated to be thought of as weak, but their lives were more important.

Once she is fully able to stand and begin moving, she gestures to the others and hopes they can escape. Looking to the water she asks, "Can everyone here swim?" Kyra looked to her companion for advice, asking Akil what she should o and how they might flee.

Specific Action: I believe it is time to flee, Monty Plython style, "Run away, run away, run away!" Though not technically, such was simply for humor. Kyra will direct others in a full retreat, either only partly into the water or fully if the others can swim if needs be or find some other way to escape the trolls.

Out of Character: Sighs, the outcome for all this was not as I hoped but I believe for quite some time I should have had Kyra and the others flee. My apologizes for not posting sooner and making those death rolls. I admit, perhaps in part though there was RL distraction, I was afraid of failing those death rolls.

Attached Image Edited: Thomaslee on 2nd Feb, 2017 - 3:55pm



3rd Feb, 2017 - 4:05pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Page 104 Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Game Master says...

Hegin nods, heals you again (Kyra 10 healed) and provokes attacks from both trolls as he swiftly dismounts, but he is specially trained against large targets and dodges both of them. He moves to the river and struggles through the shallows, leading his pony and smacking it on the rump so it starts swimming across.
Kyra gets up and follows Hegin into the shallows as Akiros swings a parting shot, and also follows.

The trolls are not allergic to water and run in behind you. One attacks Hegin, biting him (Hegin 8 damage), while the other misses Akiros. Your allies seem to be making a fighting (/healing) retreat rather than a full one, which is almost impossible thanks to the water and mud slowing you.



5th Feb, 2017 - 5:19am / Post ID: #
Kyra
OathB Chosen One lvl 6
Character
Follower / Center
Character Sheet Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

The Diplomat says...

This was not great progress, and just realizing both she and Akiros' armour would resitict them too much if they went too deeply in the water. Yet Kyra's intent was to get the trolls stuck given their greater size, to sink deeply into the mud.

Calling to them she says, "Let not go to deep, I want to see if we can either have the trolls get drawn into the water or stuck in the mud. I had consider use going in, but the armour of I and Akiros could risk us drowning." The paladin was frustrated, not sure what she should do.

Moving to the one holding her weapon, Kyra smiles grimly and says, "Please, you seem to be having trouble." If he is willing to give it to her, the paladin would turn and try intimidating the trolls as well look for another weakness or strategy as they all retreated and tried keeping their distance.

Specific Action: Kyra will try to seek out a way to escape, as well intimidate the trolls into backing away from them if possible with a battle cry. She will see if her knowledge might offer insight. Finally, if given the weapon, she would attack as Akiros falls back.

The main goal is to escape, to flee, Kyra is simply seeking ways that might help with such. Is she still has a Lay of Hand left like you say, she will use that next turn if needed.

Out of Character: My apologizes for slow activity, I admit though I am still at a bit of a lost. Since the familiar is technically an NPC of sort, maybe you can have him do something? Sighs.

Kyra Results:
  • Knowledge (geography) on D20 (+4): 23 (1 roll)
  • Intimidate on D20 (+6): 9 (1 roll)
  • Attack on D20 (+0): 18 (1 roll)
  • Damage (scimitar) on D6 (+4): 7 (1 roll)
  • Extra Flame Dmg on D4 (+0): 3 (1 roll)


5th Feb, 2017 - 3:12pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue

Game Master says...

"You're at risk of drowning?" Asks a face looking up from the surface of the water, gasping for air. "Have you thought about how tall I am?"

"Trouble?" Akiros replies. "Not at all I just have to remember a calmer battle stance. Anarrow has barred me from unleashing my full anger on the enemy. Would you have me use my bow?"

The region is unfamiliar and Freehold is still a day away. There is meant to be a bridge a couple miles further, or the hills contain cliffs and shallow caves that may provide cover. None of those are currently in sight. Kyra tries to shout a battle cry, but it ends up being more of a crying in battle. Nobody could possibly be afraid after such a display.

Akiros swings the scimitar (Troll 1: 5 damage 2 fire). He also manages to get his shield equipped with one hand somehow. Hegin goes over to Akiros to cure him (Akiros 11 healed). "There's more where that came from," the gnome says. "I can't channel because they're too close, but if we run together I can ease our tiredness. I also have a potion of invisibility, but none of us would want the shame except in the worst circumstance."

The trolls advance against Akiros and Kyra as the non-burn wounds heal. Kyra gets bitten (Kyra 7 damage).

Out of Character: These are young trolls, medium sized. Will get slowed by the mud, but not likely stuck.

Also intimidate to demoralize is a standard action, so I allowed Akiros another attack. If you still want the scimitar he'll gladly hand it back.

Now that you're in mud, I'll need Acrobatics checks for not provoking during movement as you can't 5-foot-step.



Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
6th Feb, 2017 - 9:42pm / Post ID: #
Kyra
OathB Chosen One lvl 6
Character
Follower / Center
Character Sheet Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 104

The Diplomat says...

Trying to work her feet from the she admits, "It is less that and more simply the armour we wear getting us stuck or slip under water. Yet perhaps you are right, I just considered their might be some deep stops here that could cause a problem." Kyra decided to allow the man to continue using her weapon for now.

Consider she says, "Let get out of the river and begin running then, I mainly wanted to try slowing them down." Kyra looks to his companion and asks if he might provide distraction so they could begin their escape more properly, long enough for them to begin fleeing. She just hoped her mount was still alive and able to escape.

Specific Action: She will have them make a full retreat after Akil offers a distraction if possible. You can make the rolls for such though I could see him at least wanting to stay from out from under foot. The river may have been a bad idea, but it was there so I thought it could have at least some use. The plan would be to continue making their way away from the trolls and when able run with Hegin easing their tiredness."

Attached Image Edited: Thomaslee on 6th Feb, 2017 - 9:44pm

Kyra Results:
  • Acrobatics on D20 (+0): 19 (1 roll)


7th Feb, 2017 - 12:50pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 104

Game Master says...

Out of Character: I would have allowed your critical threat, but I gave it to Akiros instead. He didn't confirm.

In Character: The trolls take swipes at the leaping cat, one claw connects (Akil 5 damage). With their attention turned, Akiros makes one final desperate swipe, the flames sliding off the scimitar as it stops burning (Troll 1: 5 damage 3 fire) and the troll collapses! But the other troll is already turning back, so he legs it along with you and the gnome.

Hegin shouts, "He'll catch up and still be able to swipe at us since we're running away! I'm slower, I'll distract him - don't worry I'll be right behind you."

You trudge through the mud almost comically slowly. The troll takes one successful swipe at Hegin (Hegin 4 damage), the second one misses. The troll that had fallen, stirs and gets up. Kyra and Akil are now 165' from it, Akiros is faster and is 50' ahead, Hegin and Troll 2 are 50' behind you two.

Now that he's on hard ground, Hegin whistles for his pony and mounts. The troll's last swing misses as he rides out of its grasp.

Now it is Kyra who is slowest, but you have a safe 50' of distance to the Troll 2 and 180 to Troll 1.

Out of Character: So, you can all run for a number of rounds equal to your constitution score. Let's assume Akil gets tired quickly and jumps onto your shoulders. For Akiros that's 16, for the pony it's 14, and for the trolls it's 19. After that you have to roll a constitution check for every round, so you will have to roll at least 5. Go for 12 rolls. If you succeed in not getting tired before the trolls do, we switch to overland movement which is when Hegin will be able to cure fatigue from a few hours-long hustle.

I presume you're running West?

Attached Image Edited: iCon on 7th Feb, 2017 - 1:11pm





Comment Add Comment As A Guest
Important Guest, please be considerate by using the appropriate tags as well as checking your grammar and ensuring that your Post complies with our RPG Etiquette before submitting or it will be deleted. See: Constructive Posting Policy.

# Characters:
0
# Words:
0
# Sentences:
0
# Paragraphs:
0
Reading Time:
0
Optional:
Search
  Dice Dice Options: Need Dice Help?
Shall I Tweak Rolls?
Dice Roll Purpose: Start# Type Bonus Amt.
Important [+] More Dice Fields? Use the "More Options" button below.
Explode / Implode D20:
Roll FULL Range D2-D100:
NOTE: Field input is NOT carried over to other pages.

Tip TIP: Press above button ONCE only. If you come back here via the [Back] button on your browser then you will need to click [More Options] button (below) first in order to re-enable your ability to Post.

 
> TOPIC: ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
 



International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.