Embedded Dice Support - Page 5 of 14

In two more levels, each round I could summon - Page 5 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 15th Nov, 2015 - 1:30pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

29th March 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (14) »
Closed
Discuss  Embedded Dice Support This just for you to see how Dice Rolls are formulated. This only works for Game Master's who have GMaster status and requested it for their Game.
Create RPG Character Dice JB's Maps RP Etiquette RPG Etiquette JB's SRD Game Master GM Stats
7th Oct, 2015 - 7:35pm / Post ID: #

Embedded Dice Support - Page 5

That could be the best approach unless someone had popups disabled. I know I've made this mistake before so its good there may be an option to fix.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 15th Nov, 2015 - 11:17am / Post ID: #

Embedded Dice Support
A Friend

Support Dice Embedded

Hi there! Is there a way to increase the amount of times the dice roll and possible also increase the number of entry fields for dice? I'm in a game where I can summon multiple monsters at once. Sadly, there are not enough dice roll input fields for me to enter them all as one post and I am currently required to wait for 12 hours or someone else to post before I can post again. Is there a way we can work around this?

15th Nov, 2015 - 11:44am / Post ID: #
Dice Master

Character
Game Master ◀
Not Not Approved ?

Embedded Dice Support Reviews RPG & Card Board

Ignoble says...

How many monsters are we talking about?

Keep in mind that if you have similar monsters then they can use the same field. For instance:

6 Skeletons D20 x6 will give you a D20 roll for the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc.

Likewise damage will also be true.(See below Dice rolls)

Additionally, there is the "Roll FULL Range D2-D100:" have you tried that?

If that does not solve the problem then please detail an example of what you need.

Example below:

First skeleton rolled 4 attack and 5 damage
Second skeleton rolled 18 attack and 6 damage....

Dice Master Results:
  • 6 Skeletons on D20 (+0): 4, 18, 8, 15, 17, 17 (6 rolls)
  • 6 Skeletons damage on D6 (+0): 5, 6, 4, 5, 1, 6 (6 rolls)

Post Date: 15th Nov, 2015 - 12:08pm / Post ID: #

Embedded Dice Support
A Friend

Page 5 Support Dice Embedded

Currently I can summon 1d3 of some monsters up to ten times per day and that will increase. Some of those monsters get 3 attack a round right now (They'll eventually get more). ICon likes to do two rounds at a time. Right now I'm limiting how often I summon and how much, but that's mainly because of the current limits.

Example: At the start of combat I summoned 1d3 celestial eagles and got 2. They get three attacks each in a round. Since ICon has us do two rounds at a time, they each get x6 for attack and x6 for damage. That takes up four fields. During the second round I summoned a single small earth elemental (Stronger summon so I get fewer right now) and in order to enter its attack and damage rolls in the same post I would need a sixth Dice Roll Purpose field. Because there are five, I had to make a separate post and found out that I have to wait twelve hours to post again or do a post after someone else posts, which messes up the flow of the initiative order. My summons last a long time (One minute per level) so I see the problem getting worse instead of better biggrin.gif

15th Nov, 2015 - 12:26pm / Post ID: #
Dice Master

Character
Game Master ◀
Not Not Approved ?

Support Dice Embedded

Ignoble says...

I will need a more definite number of extra fields to add since I can't just add in 'x' extra fields.

The main problem I guess is the explanation attached to the roll rather than the extra Dice Rolls itself because as I said there is the Full Range option?

The other problem is using it on Mobile, it makes for a long scroll. What are you using wide screen PC / Laptop or Mobile for display?

I may also have to do this so that special Characters get to see the extra fields and everyone else who does not need it won't see it.

Post Date: 15th Nov, 2015 - 12:42pm / Post ID: #

Embedded Dice Support
A Friend

Embedded Dice Support

I use all three (Pc, laptop, and mobile) depending on where I am. The full range option is useful, but not for the problem I'm having. Please see the following link for an example of the situation: Source 3v

As you can see, I had to post twice due to the amount of summons I had. Some summons will eventually be able to attack 5+ times a round - is it possible to increase the "Amt." Options to x10 or more? I think you're onto something with the extra fields option. Is it possible to make a button to add "X" Additional fields if needed?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
15th Nov, 2015 - 1:01pm / Post ID: #
Dice Master

Character
Game Master ◀
Not Not Approved ?

Embedded Dice Support - Page 5

Ignoble says...

I understand, from a coding angle I will need to work out a unique solution while keeping things compact both in the front and back as the exploding option for each of those fields requires a lot of extra coding.

I do not want to have an option to have 'x' fields appear as needed as that will require javascript which I try to stay away from as much as possible because of its limitations on multiple devices.

What is the most common number of total monsters you can summon for a combat round and how much variation between monsters?

For example 5 different types of monsters each with a quantity of up to 3 of that type.

Post Date: 15th Nov, 2015 - 1:30pm / Post ID: #

Embedded Dice Support
A Friend

Embedded Dice Support Board Card & RPG Reviews - Page 5

In two more levels, each round I could summon up to 1d4+1 creatures of a single type. I can currently do that 10 times, but it will increase as I raise my Charisma attribute. Every round I can summon a different type of monster. Theoretically I could swarm an area with (1d4+1)*10, so 20-50 creatures that would all be up and able to act for an amount of minutes equal to my class level (There are ten rounds per minute).

Thus currently it's 10 different types of monsters (End-game I'll be looking at being able to do that 15 times, possibly more if I get certain items), each with a quantity of up to 5 of that type.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (14) »

> TOPIC: Embedded Dice Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,