Skin Color In India - Page 4 of 9

I'm not very familiar with Indian - Page 4 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 11th Feb, 2009 - 6:21pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (9) »
Are people from India: white, brown, or black? Is being white somehow better than being dark?
Skin Color In India Related Information to Skin Color In India
24th Oct, 2008 - 10:19pm / Post ID: #

Skin Color In India - Page 4

Call me ignorant of the facts but I think this whole skin color deal is only alive because of all the religious gurus that teach about karma and reincarnation. If people are told enough times that something matters then it will matter.

Sponsored Links:
11th Nov, 2008 - 3:39pm / Post ID: #

India Color Skin

If colour is that important then is somone that is European white treated like a celebrity? I don't see that here from them or maybe its just isolated to India's borders.

Post Date: 11th Nov, 2008 - 5:19pm / Post ID: #

Skin Color In India
A Friend

Skin Color In India Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

Would I be treated like a God over there? I know where I am going. All of those that have east Indian descent can call me mighty whitey from now on.

Seriously though it might have a lot to do with British occupation for so long. I have known many East Indians and they do seam to like white people more than some other groups.

Rather off topic, but...
East Indians had a great ancient civilization at one time, and I guess they still do in a lot of ways. Good minds, philosophers, mathematicians etc. You don't hear them having much pride towards these sorts of things. I would kill to see the Taj Mahal. I actually prefer dealing with the east Indians over the other nationalities in that region.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Please use uppercase letters as appropriate: names, start of sentence, etc. See Constructive Posting Policy.

Post Date: 30th Nov, 2008 - 7:10pm / Post ID: #

Page 4 India Color Skin

Name: JOSIE

Comments: I am an Indian living in America, but I do know a thing or two why Indians think that light skin is beautiful than dark skin.

1) The culture- from what I know the upper class always had lighter skin than lower classes.

2) light skin women seem more innocent than dark skin - although this is not word but I read it somewere.

3) colonialism I.e British

4) it is just cultural thing -personally I think that Indians have egos that as big as elephants.

P.S. to the person who compare Indians to black people..Indians hate that as they also hate the fact that in USA,Native Americans are sometime are referred as Indians..and they are not Africans .. and every one is equal in the eyes of the god.no mater what your skin tone is.Other thing is that most Christians believe JESUS to be a white man but he was not....I think that another reason why christian Indians put so much value in light skin .

Post Date: 23rd Dec, 2008 - 2:03am / Post ID: #

India Color Skin

Name: MJ

Comments: The reason light skin is considered wonderful is because of the history of conquering tribes. In India, the Aryans came down to the dark skin or African looking people in India and set up a caste system, which was wrapped up pretty tightly by the British. The British ruled the world for so long and it served their capitalistic ends to set up caste systems all over the world based on skin colour. Research and examine this phenomenon.

The Indian people I have seen who are dark are so incredibly gorgeous to me. My husband is white (I thought he was very nice) and I actually wish my son was a little darker. He was white when he was born and it freaked me out. (I am black American) I know that is wrong, but I have never thought little white babies to be as attractive as babies from any other ethnic group. My son was blond and blue eyed when he was born and I had to adjust. It was difficult to accept that I was in love with a white man as my aesthetic was always dark skinned black men. But the last dark skinned black man I loved was difficult to love, lacking in humor and probably so overachieving that he could never... Relax. My husband laughs at me, makes me laugh and takes everything in his stride. Maybe because he is a happy white man!

18th Jan, 2009 - 1:42am / Post ID: #

Skin Color In India

Who are those people in India fooling? You think those bollywood chicks are white just because they are more pale than the other billion others of you in India? Take it from a true white, you all are all considered black where I come from and if you're all the same color black then you can get a long just fine with each other no need to worry about the skin. You just stay in your country and I'll stay in mine.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 9th Feb, 2009 - 10:03pm / Post ID: #

Skin Color India - Page 4

Name: datdude

Comments: How odd that a lighter skin tone is called "fair" I've even heard white people describe their skin tone as "flesh colored" The reality is that skin color is a european concept that they used to divide people of color. What's even crazier is that indians come to america and look down upon the people whose ancestors died for them to have the equal rights. This is why in a world where 75 percent of the population have melanin(color), the people without dictate every aspect of world culture.

11th Feb, 2009 - 6:21pm / Post ID: #

Skin Color India Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews - Page 4

I'm not very familiar with Indian traditions, but if it is based on skin color then it means the people need to graduate to more awareness of reality that we are all humans. I think India is dominated by Hinduism maybe the Bible is needed more there.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (9) »

> TOPIC: Skin Color In India

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,