Skin Color In India - Page 5 of 9

Name: Hypnatist Comments: I think the Darker - Page 5 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 26th Dec, 2009 - 6:23pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Are people from India: white, brown, or black? Is being white somehow better than being dark?
Skin Color In India Related Information to Skin Color In India
Post Date: 9th Mar, 2009 - 2:07pm / Post ID: #

Skin Color In India - Page 5

Name: Indian

Comments: Nowhere in Hinduism, its mentioned that white is beauty or black is ugly. Infact, some of the sexiest Hindu gods were supposed to be black.(and as you know in Indian style, not black, but wheatish or darkbluish!)

I am 20 and a male. I am from south India. Here almost all people are very dark. I am even darker. In my 20 years of life time, there has been plenty of occasions in which I was teased for my color. My friends, relatives, unknown etc. Do tease me everyday. Even today one of my friends(of my age - you call immatured?) who is not fair either, had some fun teasing me!

In the past I have fought with them, cried at home, complained to my mom and worried for days and nights when someone teased me. But now I am used to it!

I don't know how my color bothers them. Among one of the many reasons why I am ashamed of Indians, this is the main one. Indians are racist, more there any others on earth.

My dear friends abroad, if you still think that I should happily get along with these crazy Indian racist, you are too optimistic. Who in the world would understand how it feels to be teased during every conversation that one makes. One thing that surprises me is that, even those who are as dark as me also make comments on me!

Sponsored Links:
16th Mar, 2009 - 1:01pm / Post ID: #

India Color Skin

That is awful. I do not think blue represents black though. Black is black and just needs to be seen as a color and nothing else. I think people read into physical identity too much. I don't know why the fair people from India would even make fun of their darker brothers and sisters considering that they aren't going to be sen as white in other places. They can be stereotyped just like they do with the darker ones.

Post Date: 13th Jul, 2009 - 7:37pm / Post ID: #

Skin Color In India Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

Name: Stevie

Comments: Indians from the north India are white while Indians from the south India are brown.

6th Aug, 2009 - 7:29pm / Post ID: #

Page 5 India Color Skin

This is one of those unspoken topics the kind that everyone is guilty of but no one wants to admit. Its really not unique to India but I will for one agree that its a big part of the culture. I'm not too dark but I'm not that fair either. While growing up I did hear a lot of talk surrounding skin color but thats a common issue. I don't dwell on it like others do.

16th Aug, 2009 - 9:20pm / Post ID: #

India Color Skin

Color complexion is always been a matter of discussion in India. Dark complexion usually abate a person, if we talk about the personality. Nowadays, this myth has slacken up little bit, but still people wish to get more fair than they were before. I don't know why, but people do this quite often. biggrin.gif

Reconcile Edited: Natureboy on 16th Aug, 2009 - 9:24pm

17th Aug, 2009 - 8:42pm / Post ID: #

Skin Color In India

If I am permitted then I want to say that Indian beauty is considered as the best, across the world. If all the girls in India want to look beautiful then it is their right and moreover they prefer to look charming than beautiful.
The concept of giving lead role to fair skin in Bollywood movies is also old, there are various gorgeous female actors that are successful celebrities. You can take the example of Bipasha Basu, the hot Bollywood actress.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
18th Aug, 2009 - 11:08pm / Post ID: #

Skin Color India - Page 5

I think most people in India have brown skin. I have not heard about an obsession there with people who have light skin. Maybe people think the grass is greener on the other side. Very light skinned people use tanning beds and very dark people sometimes use lightening creams. I don't think anyone wants to be abnormally light or dark.

Post Date: 26th Dec, 2009 - 6:23pm / Post ID: #

Skin Color India Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews - Page 5

Name: Hypnatist

Comments: I think the Darker skin Indian women are more attractive. They have a more eye catching beauty. The light skin Indian women look strange, like ghosts, or albinos. Please dark Indian women, don't lighten your skin. You are better looking than the light skin Indian women.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 

> TOPIC: Skin Color In India

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,