ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 129 of 279

The area here is frequented, so it's - Page 129 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 16th Nov, 2015 - 2:54pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

07th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue

+  « First of 279 pgs.  125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133  ...Latest (279) »
Closed
Pathfinder RPG This Scenario is a continuation from here: ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue. Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
14th Nov, 2015 - 8:33pm / Post ID: #
Zork II
Fighter Level 6
Character
Loner / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Retired Retired

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 129

The Second says...

Out of Character: Sorry about the mess up. So based on this post I'm going to roll for a long bow's damage.

Zork II Results:
  • Comp. Long Bow damage on D8 (+3): 9, 4, 8, 5 (4 rolls)

Sponsored Links:
15th Nov, 2015 - 2:09pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Game Master says...

The eagles harry their target, but their talons aren't the greatest weapon and only tear a little bit of its feathered hide. The beast dodges the elemental's blow.
Theaton's next hit strikes it in the head but the resilient creature still stands.
Mykael advances slowly and cautiously as Zork's shot misses.

The owlbear rears up standing 8 feet tall and swiping at the two eagles with each claw. The first eagle is injured and grabbed (10 damage) but isn't knocked out as the other bird is missed. The owlbear pecks at the trapped bird (7 damage), killing it and it disappears back to its plane.

Archival's earth elemental smacks a heavy, stony fist into its side. It's roar is muffled as it is winded. Theaton's next hit only barely penetrates as his and Zork's other arrows skim off the hide. Mykael carefully approaches and with a well timed swing of his longsword, lops off the owlbear's owl head. Its body slumps down lifelessly.

Out of Character: Impressive! I didn't expect it to be that easy. That earns you 300 XP each! Theaton ought to be levelling up.

Post Date: 15th Nov, 2015 - 3:30pm / Post ID: #

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land
A Friend

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Out of Character: Level up posted updated character sheet in you character thread. I also activated my second gem I will add the +1 to my ranged attack if that is ok?

In Character: Theaton will move the owlbear out of the water and proceed to skin the bear. He will save the hide and stretch it to preserve it as a possible fur for trading. The meat we can take with us on our way to the temple and smoke and roast it there.

We continue our trip to the temple.

Reconcile Edited: KNtoran on 15th Nov, 2015 - 3:39pm

15th Nov, 2015 - 11:49pm / Post ID: #
Mykael Brewmor
Fighter3 Paladin3
Character
Novice / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Lock

Page 129 Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Ignoble says...

Mykael cleans his blade in the flowing water of the creek and sheathes his sword. "Well, that was easier than I thought it would be" He smirks as he rejoins his companions near the owlbear's corpse. He watches Theaton skin the creature

"Hey Theaton," He says as Theaton carves the beast up, "You think I could get one of its claws? Might be able to make it into a decent necklace...good conversation piece I think. Nice shot by the way."

Mounting up he follows behind Theaton, saddling up next to Archival "Good work" He says with a nod "Your summoning skills are impressive indeed."

Mykael Brewmor Results:
  • Perception on D20 (+0): 11, 14, 18, 15 (4 rolls)

Post Date: 16th Nov, 2015 - 1:27am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Archival nods in return to Mykael's compliment, “Thank you. Everyone did an outstanding job. We certainly have some amazing synergy.” As Theaton carves up the beast, Archival concentrates for a minute and resummons Caelum. The rune on his forehead flashes brightly into existence as Caelum returns to the material plane. After the bloody work is done, Archival turns Midnight and continues toward the Temple of the Elk to warn Jhod. He rides toward the front to have Caelum continue to keep lookout to protect the group.

Out of Character: ICon, because of my Summon Good Monster feat and celestial eagles being on that list, they get the Diehard feat. This makes it so they don't automatically die and disappear when they fall to below 0 hit points (Like other summons). They can act as if disabled when reduced to negative hit points, which lets them perform a standard action without worry. If they perform more strenuous actions, they take 1 point of damage after completing the act. They don't actually disappear until their negative hit points are equal to or greater than their Constitution score, in this case, -16. This is one of the differences between Dungeons & Dragons 3.5, in which you die at -10 HP, and Pathfinder, which has you die when you have negative hit points equal to or greater than your Constitution score. It's one more bonus Paizo gave to people with high Constitution scores. I just learned this too – it kind of makes me wish I had went with my Paladin idea! It's not a big deal, I just wanted you to know for future combats.

Reconcile Edited: Diarmadhim on 16th Nov, 2015 - 1:28am

Post Date: 16th Nov, 2015 - 2:58am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Theaton will remove a few claws and hand them to Mykael so he can have a nice necklace if he wishes.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
16th Nov, 2015 - 1:26pm / Post ID: #
Zork II
Fighter Level 6
Character
Loner / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Retired Retired

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 129

The Second says...

Zork is in awe of the accomplishment. "We're getting good at this..." He says with some pride despite not being a contributing factor to the kill. He looks around the area a bit. "Do you think it might have been protecting something?"

Zork II Results:
  • Perception on D20 (+4): 12 (1 roll)
  • Nature on D20 (+0): 9 (1 roll)

16th Nov, 2015 - 2:54pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 129

Game Master says...

The area here is frequented, so it's impossible to tell where the monster came from. A variety of animal tracks converge on the ford. Perhaps it was acting territorial?

Carving up the Owlbear takes a good amount of time during which your horses rest so they can make up for it later. An hour later you have all the choice cuts of meat, the paws, and a skin stretched over the underside of Theaton's horse.

As you journey to the temple, Caelum spots the occasional trampled bush or broken twig. Theaton notices the paw print of a wolf or dog in a patch of mud and, later, on a mossy rock.

It is already dark when you arrive at Jhod's temple. The light spewing from the mouth of the cavern lights up the oval pool and you also see building materials and tools abandonded off to the side. A trail of barefoot footprints heads from the forest to the steps.

Hurried footsteps reverberate from inside the cave. Jhod's head appears at the top of the flight of steps and he peers out at his mounted visitors. He welcomes you, "Come in, come in! But I must get back to work." He turns and hurries out of sight.

Out of Character: My laptop is acting up a bit so some posts may be delayed. I definitely can't put a hex grid on the map or check items at the moment, but I do have older backups.

Diarmadhim, I didn't check the eagle's Con score and assumed it was just 10, silly mistake.

KNtoran, I think the gem might specifically mean the skill list. What's your opinion?

> TOPIC: ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.