Text RPG Character Creator - Page 11 of 23

The Embedded Dice has now been re-established - Page 11 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 14th Jun, 2015 - 11:25am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th March 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard

+  « First of 23 pgs.  7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15  ...Latest (23) »
Closed
  Text RPG Character Creator Our in-house custom RPG creator for Forum Play By Post can be discussed here. It forms the base of holding and progressing your Character for ANY role-playing game system. Best of all it is constantly being improved.
Create RPG Character Dice JB's Maps RP Etiquette RPG Etiquette JB's SRD Game Master GM Stats
5th Jun, 2015 - 4:08am / Post ID: #
Game Coder
Administrator
Character
Game Master Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Text RPG Character Creator - Page 11

Ignoble says...

Styles For Future Earth

I have added some new styles that will only be available to those playing the Science Fiction Text Role-Playing Games. (See attachment) Later I have to add in symbols, and on body equipment.

What Is Planned For the Future

1. Dice rolls to be made automatically in your posts. I've done the code for this before but need to reimplemented it.

2. Character sheet gems / treasures. I plan to have options on the Character Sheet that Players can buy with FP. The options randomly give special powers, privileges or items to Characters within an Role-playing Game . There will be three of these options with each having a set FP cost. For instance there might be a 'basic' gem, a 'power' gem and so on. The higher the value of the gem the higher the value that can be handed to your character. Of course this can only be implemented with the corporation the Game Master's but it will be an exciting part of rolling up a Character and making use of FP.

Text RPG Character Creator
Text RPG Character Creator (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
6th Jun, 2015 - 2:38am / Post ID: #

Creator Character RPG Text

My little gripe with the previous dice rolls was that you were limited to one of each die. Would it be possible to implement the 'rolls box' to be optional with each post, like a checkbox or option in the reply editor? In the editor you would have the option to edit the dice options available. Can that be implemented?

With regards to gems, I think it's a good idea for you, less so for me. I do like game balance, but I also believe in rewarding players for actions outside of the game. Some gems should be able to unlock skins and other cosmetic changes. The ones that change them mechanics should cost far more FP.

6th Jun, 2015 - 3:40am / Post ID: #
Game Coder
Administrator
Character
Game Master Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base

Text RPG Character Creator Reviews RPG & Card Board

Ignoble says...

international QUOTE (ICon)
My little gripe with the previous dice rolls was that you were limited to one of each die.

I appreciate the feedback. Actually, it was selectable and optional. This was the original Thread for it: Member Wars Dice Options Example Closed however it does not show the layout as it used to be because of the new Mobility Skin. My plan is to take away the element of cheating and fudging which in a Play By Post environment can be problematic. Not having an automated system also bottlenecks a game because everyone waits on someone's roll result for the next battle move or action can be continued started / finished. I'm also considering future Game Master's as well in my thinking. This is what I am going to implement and you can tell me how it sounds:

1. The dice will fit any system just as the Character Creator does. It must of course be mobile responsive. There will be a check box asking the Player if they want to use it, however Players can say they 'forgot' their rolls thus further delaying the game.

2. Rolls can be with a few input fields and bonus fields that can be specified by the player so the exact reason for the roll is known. Also it automatically calculates both the random roll and bonuses for the end result.

3. The roll result is on a time delay so Players do not fudge actions.

4. In addition to the specified fields it will automatically generate rolls for other dice in case the GM needs it.

How does that sound?

international QUOTE
With regards to gems, I think it's a good idea for you, less so for me.

I understand that. Yes, less valued gems can give access to cosmetic changes or add-ons while higher value gems can change the Character. Probably higher valued ones could be for contributing members, and since there aren't many of those you won't have to worry much. Mind you, it will be randomized and the reward not so staggering as to change a game's direction. For instance, "You got 20 GPs" Or a rear one "+1 to your lowest attribute".

6th Jun, 2015 - 5:38pm / Post ID: #

Page 11 Creator Character RPG Text

1. Mobile responsiveness may become difficult for, let's say 20d6, when there are more dice than can fit on one line. It would have to drop down to another row. The dice results in the linked post looks ok. Players who forget - I can easily roll for them.

2. Yes! Even 1 field would help, where the roll description and bonuses can be written together. Sounds like you're already implementing something with the bonus separate, which is great! Both the original and modified rolls should be viewable.

3. Unsure on this one. I used to play elsewhere where the rolls were not known before the post, then the posts were edited on purpose, to describe the character's actions that depend on the roll.

4. I'm ambivalent towards that. I keep dice (Physical and digital) on hand, but I guess not every GM does.

When you describe gems like that, I can agree with it.

7th Jun, 2015 - 12:43am / Post ID: #
Game Coder
Administrator
Character
Game Master Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base

Creator Character RPG Text

Ignoble says...

international QUOTE (Icon)
20d6

That is an unusually high roll, why would you need a 20D6 during a game? Nevertheless, the dice function will fit. I always aim for the smallest phones: 300px.

international QUOTE
then the posts were edited on purpose, to describe the character's actions that depend on the roll.

Ours does not work like that. The rolls cannot be edited. The purpose of not showing the dice rolls was to prevent editing of actions for poor dice rolls. For instance you may not enter a battle if you can see your D20s are not going to hit anything.

international QUOTE
I guess not every GM does

It has to fit everyone. You are prepared but the next guy might not be.

10th Jun, 2015 - 1:57pm / Post ID: #
Thor
Diety
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀
Not Not Approved ?

The Hammer God says...

I will like to see the dice system as well I don't recall seeing it before. The 20d6 might be from multiple attacks.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
12th Jun, 2015 - 3:12am / Post ID: #
Game Coder
Administrator
Character
Game Master Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base

Text RPG Character Creator - Page 11

Ignoble says...

Expert, you can see it in the attached. I am working on it and it is already mobile responsive. The calculations in the background is what is taking some time as it will have bonuses as well as multiple rolls per field if needed.

Text RPG Character Creator (Hover)

14th Jun, 2015 - 11:25am / Post ID: #
Game Coder
Administrator
Character
Game Master Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base

Text RPG Character Creator Board Card & RPG Reviews - Page 11

Ignoble says...

The Embedded Dice has now been re-established for all Role-playing Game Threads. This will help Dungeon Masters and Players keep a uniformed way of presenting rolls as well as aide in the prevention of high roll cheating or action fudging. When using it please ensure you understand its capabilities and how it should be used. Since this is not directly part of the Text Role-playing Game Creator it has a separate support Thread: Embedded Dice Support. Please use that for any comments or questions on it.

> TOPIC: Text RPG Character Creator

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,