Styles For Future Earth
I have added some new styles that will only be available to those playing the Science Fiction Text Role-Playing Games. (See attachment) Later I have to add in symbols, and on body equipment.
What Is Planned For the Future
1. Dice rolls to be made automatically in your posts. I've done the code for this before but need to reimplemented it.
2. Character sheet gems / treasures. I plan to have options on the Character Sheet that Players can buy with FP. The options randomly give special powers, privileges or items to Characters within an Role-playing Game . There will be three of these options with each having a set FP cost. For instance there might be a 'basic' gem, a 'power' gem and so on. The higher the value of the gem the higher the value that can be handed to your character. Of course this can only be implemented with the corporation the Game Master's but it will be an exciting part of rolling up a Character and making use of FP.
My little gripe with the previous dice rolls was that you were limited to one of each die. Would it be possible to implement the 'rolls box' to be optional with each post, like a checkbox or option in the reply editor? In the editor you would have the option to edit the dice options available. Can that be implemented?
With regards to gems, I think it's a good idea for you, less so for me. I do like game balance, but I also believe in rewarding players for actions outside of the game. Some gems should be able to unlock skins and other cosmetic changes. The ones that change them mechanics should cost far more FP.
1. Mobile responsiveness may become difficult for, let's say 20d6, when there are more dice than can fit on one line. It would have to drop down to another row. The dice results in the linked post looks ok. Players who forget - I can easily roll for them.
2. Yes! Even 1 field would help, where the roll description and bonuses can be written together. Sounds like you're already implementing something with the bonus separate, which is great! Both the original and modified rolls should be viewable.
3. Unsure on this one. I used to play elsewhere where the rolls were not known before the post, then the posts were edited on purpose, to describe the character's actions that depend on the roll.
4. I'm ambivalent towards that. I keep dice (Physical and digital) on hand, but I guess not every GM does.
When you describe gems like that, I can agree with it.
Expert, you can see it in the attached. I am working on it and it is already mobile responsive. The calculations in the background is what is taking some time as it will have bonuses as well as multiple rolls per field if needed.
The Embedded Dice has now been re-established for all Role-playing Game Threads. This will help Dungeon Masters and Players keep a uniformed way of presenting rolls as well as aide in the prevention of high roll cheating or action fudging. When using it please ensure you understand its capabilities and how it should be used. Since this is not directly part of the Text Role-playing Game Creator it has a separate support Thread: Embedded Dice Support. Please use that for any comments or questions on it.
We rest Text RPG Character Creator to share a message from yesteryear:
Today is: 17th December (GMT), in history on the 17th of December, 1971 AD the following birth happened:
Mark Byers: WLAF linebacker (Frankfurt Galaxy)