Text RPG Character Creator - Page 13 of 23

GM Stats Update On Mobiles some content did - Page 13 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 14th Jul, 2015 - 4:02pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th March 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian

+  « First of 23 pgs.  9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17  ...Latest (23) »
Closed
  Text RPG Character Creator Our in-house custom RPG creator for Forum Play By Post can be discussed here. It forms the base of holding and progressing your Character for ANY role-playing game system. Best of all it is constantly being improved.
Create RPG Character Dice JB's Maps RP Etiquette RPG Etiquette JB's SRD Game Master GM Stats
28th Jun, 2015 - 4:17am / Post ID: #
Game Coder
Administrator
Character
Game Master Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Text RPG Character Creator - Page 13

Ignoble says...

Character Position Enhanced

To make marching Order even simpler I have opened a Thread with a visual aide. I've also added in specific location like "Left Forward Flank." See: RPG Marching Order.

Sponsored Links:
29th Jun, 2015 - 7:07pm / Post ID: #
Game Coder
Administrator
Character
Game Master Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base

Creator Character RPG Text

Ignoble says...

Next For The Text Role-playing Game Creator

I will be working on the Guardian feature. This is my thoughts about it:

You will be able to choose a special symbol or guardian to oversee your Character Sheet, this will add a cosmetic effect but it will also do something else - it will hide messages that the GM puts about your Character so only you can see it!

The Guardian will also show in your posts, perhaps as a background giving you that extra special look!

If there is another purpose you can see for the upcoming Guardian feature can you please put it now before I start coding and design?

30th Jun, 2015 - 5:48pm / Post ID: #
Thor
Diety
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀
Not Not Approved ?

Text RPG Character Creator Reviews RPG & Card Board

The Hammer God says...

That sounds good. What about private messages to the Dungeon Master if you wanted to do something but not let the party know about it? This works very well for the thief's class.

30th Jun, 2015 - 10:02pm / Post ID: #
Game Coder
Administrator
Character
Game Master Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base

Page 13 Creator Character RPG Text

Ignoble says...

The private messaging system is already reserved for Donating Members. The idea here is you may not want to show others what the GM is putting about your Character. Indirectly, it may also be a way for the GM to communicate with you privately about something that is happening to your Character that the others do not know about yet.

9th Jul, 2015 - 4:54pm / Post ID: #
Thor
Diety
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀
Not Not Approved ?

Creator Character RPG Text

The Hammer God says...

I understand that, I would also suggest as an added feature that you can hide the notes box as well.

Post Date: 9th Jul, 2015 - 8:20pm / Post ID: #

Text RPG Character Creator
A Friend

Text RPG Character Creator

The presence of a Guardian on your character sheet could be an indication that your character has Inspiration.
Inspiration is a mechanic introduced in 5e Dungeons & Dragons (I believe it existed in other games before that). Game Master's award it for good roleplaying or actions that add to the general enjoyment of the game. It can be offered as an incentive to encourage reluctant roleplayers to fall foul to their character flaws (Or award the converted roleplayer for doing the same). Alternatively, a player can nominate another for it, like charm points here.
In Dungeons & Dragons you cannot stack Inspiration (1 max), but can use it in play to give Advantage to any d20 roll (2 dice are rolled and the player chooses the result he/she wants).
Its a popular new mechanic and I think it would work well in Play By Post! If a Guardian were used this way, it would need to be applied by the GM and removed by the player.
If this would clash with other uses of the Guardian, maybe giving it (Or the character) a nimbus could represent Inspiration - if you think it worth the inclusion.

Reconcile Edited: Adelardus on 9th Jul, 2015 - 8:22pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
12th Jul, 2015 - 6:25pm / Post ID: #
Game Coder
Administrator
Character
Game Master Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base

Text RPG Character Creator - Page 13

Ignoble says...

RPGExpert, I will consider that.

Adelardus, I am not familiar with the 5e version nor do we have anyone playing that here, however using the Guardian feature as a specific system item is not my intention although if someone wants to work it that way they can.

The idea, for the upcoming Guardian and Gems is that it must be flexible enough to do good to all Play By Post systems. Dungeon Masters / Game Master's will also need to be cooperative and allow qualifying Players to utilize what they have worked for.

14th Jul, 2015 - 4:02pm / Post ID: #
Game Coder
Administrator
Character
Game Master Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base

Text RPG Character Creator Board Card & RPG Reviews - Page 13

Ignoble says...

GM Stats Update

On Mobiles some content did not show properly, this is fixed now with labels so you can better understand the information you are looking at in one glance.

> TOPIC: Text RPG Character Creator

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,