Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Create Characters & Rules - Page 4 of 15

Sounds good Gradard We shall stay flexable - Page 4 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 16th Oct, 2015 - 7:45pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

29th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (15) »
Closed
This is Dungeons & Dragons 5E. There is a generator available in the Character Sheet. All those interested should follow the Rules in the first Post of this Thread before creating their Character. All questions should also be placed here.
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Create Characters & Rules Related Information to Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Create Characters & Rules
Post Date: 8th Oct, 2015 - 4:50am / Post ID: #

Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Create Characters & Rules
A Friend

Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Create Characters & Rules - Page 4

Yeah, probably. I will rustle up some rules for it at some stage. (Plenty of homebrew out there) Getting the items will take a little bit of work, same with making the pistol. (Series of rolls in downtime etc) and then we shall see what happens.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 8th Oct, 2015 - 5:01am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Rules and Characters Create e Dragons and Dungeons Zudguards

Sweet sounds good. Does the fact that Gradard is proficient with tinkerers tools help with making the steam pistol?

Post Date: 8th Oct, 2015 - 5:06am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Create Characters & Rules Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Well, yup, that will help. It seems applicable. When we get to it, after you have acquired all the items I will have you roll a few times using your Dexterity mod (+prof for tinkers) and then also Int mod(+prof for tinkers again) to see how well you make it. Dexterity being piecing it together and Int, putting it together the right way.

Post Date: 8th Oct, 2015 - 7:51pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 4 Rules and Characters Create e Dragons and Dungeons Zudguards

Here they are:

Racial Languages: Common & Elven.
Outlander Language: Goblin.
Favored Enemy Language: Orcish.

[Copied from my first post.

Post Date: 9th Oct, 2015 - 8:38am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Rules and Characters Create e Dragons and Dungeons Zudguards

So! On to combat for the first time (Finally!)

We could do it like a real time Dungeons & Dragons game. I would put a turn time of 24 hours(Roughly) for everyone to take their action, and then I would narrate it out in initiative order, making rolls and actions for you guys if you forget(Or just don't post for that specific round) just to hurry it along rather than having to wait upon a roll/action after asking.

Or, you guys could provide guidelines here about your character's tactics, and then I could narrate out the battle in one go(Rolling for everyone etc). A bit less posting for you, and would be much faster, although that does take some control away from you guys.

Or, finally and my least favorite we could wait for everyone to post in initiative order or close enough and play the round when everyone has posted with no real time limit to each round. Quite slow, but you would be in complete control of your character.

Lastly if you have any other ideas or suggestions I am all ears, amendments, whatever, let me know. I am interested in what you guys would like out of this.

9th Oct, 2015 - 4:26pm / Post ID: #
Alexi
Fighter
Character
Novice / Head
Character Sheet Lock
Not Not Approved ?

The Repentant Soldier says...

I think one turn per day would work, and if someone fails to post then the Dungeon Master takes control of that character for that turn to keep the flow going. Or we could describe tactics then post several rolls and the Dungeon Master can include several turns in one post but give the players a chance to respond if there is a significant change or danger of one of the characters dropping to 0hp or suffering some other significant event.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 9th Oct, 2015 - 8:47pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Create Characters & Rules - Page 4

I think if players are there at the start of combat and know that there is a chance of not being able to post again in time then they could que up actions with conditions for example "If Gradard health gets below 5hp he chooses to disengage and run away as far as possible then drinks a healing potion". I think rolling for us for initiative is cool, but what about the idea whoever of us doesn't role initiative within 24 hours sits out of the battle? Maybe not as popular because then you would need an experience catch up system. Shall we see how it goes with the Dungeon Master making our turn for us if we don't respond within 24 hours?

As for Gradard's tactics he will always choose the smartest and most creative way to defeat enemies. An example would be to cast create bonfire in a room full of flammable liquids with enemies inside then close the door. Or jump on top of someone for a vantage point, cast magic missiles, and jump back down into cover. In situations where there is a horde of low HP creatures like the rats he will use sleep to try and knock out as many as possible. If there is a chance at all the Gradard will take damage he will try to cast mage armor making his AC 15.
The rest is just a sensible use of the other prepared spells without wasting them on trivial fights, using cantrips instead such as firebolt.

Post Date: 16th Oct, 2015 - 7:45pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Create Characters & Rules D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 4

Sounds good Gradard

We shall stay flexable on fights I think for now. But default to once every 24 hours if it isn't to monotonous.

Moving on from that. As per some mention from the mods I think we should increase our roster of player characters slightly. Say an opening for two more? As currently we only have four posting sporadically.

If you are interested in joining this adventure now is the time to post your character

I shall endeavour to advertise but if any of our current players know of anyone that might be interested feel free to ask them.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (15) »

> TOPIC: Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Create Characters & Rules

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.