Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Create Characters & Rules - Page 7 of 15

So, so far I've read that we split - Page 7 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 11th Nov, 2015 - 5:59am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

08th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian

+  « First of 15 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  ...Latest (15) »
Closed
This is Dungeons & Dragons 5E. There is a generator available in the Character Sheet. All those interested should follow the Rules in the first Post of this Thread before creating their Character. All questions should also be placed here.
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Create Characters & Rules Related Information to Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Create Characters & Rules
Post Date: 9th Nov, 2015 - 7:20pm / Post ID: #

Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Create Characters & Rules
A Friend

Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Create Characters & Rules - Page 7

I hope I'm not stepping on Zudguard's Dungeon Master toes by putting this here, but:

With regard to that spell book (Gradard)... There arent any spells in it that a Lv1 or 2 Wizard can learn. Two of the spells are for Clerics/Paladins and the third is a 2nd Level Spell. See the sidebar on page 114 of the PHB for more info.

As far as the costs concerned... I play a wizard in another game and know well enough about the expense involved. I think it would be wise to have a single designated accountant/treasurer if we are pooling loot. I'm all for having the caster in the party tricked out with dozens of spells (Keep in mind, you'll still be limited by what you have prepared on a given day) but we are all going to need consumables and gear upgrades over the long haul.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 9th Nov, 2015 - 10:55pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Rules and Characters Create e Dragons and Dungeons Zudguards

I was hoping to discuss this in character when we get to the Inn, but it can be a long and drawn-out discussion (Although I doubt it, as we all seem to be responsible, agreeable folk). Perhaps this would be a better place.

My suggestion is a single share for each person I the group and a separate share for party expenses. The party share should be split into thirds: one third in a fund for casting expenses and spell scrolls, one third to cover the costs of cures/ restoratives/ potions of healing, and the last for true party expenses (Room and board, with the party paying out the minimum expense and the individual covering additional optional expenses). The cost of gear improvement, recreational activities, and other purchases should be covered by the individual. The advantage of this situation is that as our abilities improve, the optional share can eventually be liquidated (A higher-level cleric obviates the curative fund, especially once he can cast Raise Dead; a wizard who can cast M.'s Magnificent mansion may nullify the cost of room and board). I have known of groups who, in the past, sequestered a share to cover the cost of raising comrades from the dead, but at first level this is a bit presumptuous. Contributions to this discussion are encouraged, of course; this will save us having to hash things out in character later. And of course, if we can get everyone to agree to a plan, that should save us a lot of time, so please respond promptly, party!

Post Date: 9th Nov, 2015 - 11:40pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Create Characters & Rules Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Skreed the character would be indifferent (To the point it would encroach on his own best-interests) as long as he remains fed, sheltered and out of the hands of his foes. He is, for good or ill, played by a more pragmatic person.

The above is my input and I'm happy to go with the consensus. Omnusi's proposal sounds more than fair.

Post Date: 10th Nov, 2015 - 5:34am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 7 Rules and Characters Create e Dragons and Dungeons Zudguards

You are correct Skreed. Gradard unless the spells are in your wizard spell list you cannot learn them due to not having the right set up. I.e. Cleric spells require a deity you entreat for aid(Whatever) so even if you could learn the spell it wouldn't work for you. If you want to multiclass that is another thing entirely.

As for loot I shall stay out of it for now. It is up to you guys how you want to do it. Just make it clear eventually if you have a treasurer or are splitting the loot.

Post Date: 10th Nov, 2015 - 10:40am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Rules and Characters Create e Dragons and Dungeons Zudguards

Omnusi, that seems a fair and sensible arrangement. Better than shaking down the thief whenever you need something at any rate.

Post Date: 10th Nov, 2015 - 9:29pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Ok thanks. I also agree with omnusi on loot. Sounds good. I'll just keep the book for a time when I can copy level 2 spells.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
10th Nov, 2015 - 11:14pm / Post ID: #
Alexi
Fighter
Character
Novice / Head
Character Sheet Lock
Not Not Approved ?

Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Create Characters & Rules - Page 7

The Repentant Soldier says...

I agree with Omnusi's suggestion on how to handle loot; sounds fair to me. Though I am not sure it is necessary to split the party fund into three categories. Couldn't we just lump the party fund together and use it for whatever the party agrees are at the time? For example, if we need curatives and healing items we can use the party fund for that, or if we need it for room.board we can put it towards that. If we split it into three we might have funds for something that we do not need at the time but no funds set aside for something we do need. We may have funds for room/board but what we need are curatives. It would be easier, and require less book keeping, if we had a single fund to draw from. But I am good with splitting the party fund as well if that's what everyone would like to do.

Reconcile Edited: Aericsteele on 10th Nov, 2015 - 11:15pm

Post Date: 11th Nov, 2015 - 5:59am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Create Characters & Rules D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 7

So, so far I've read that we split equally including a "Party Share".
That's 7 shares. Alexi, Brennic, Cadmus, Gradard, Skreed, myself and the party coffer.
Still not decided is if to split the coffer an additional 3 ways.

By the way, just so you know, I've been having a problem with a moderator ( I think). Goes by the name "Persephone". She deleted my posts. I drew my sword and attacked but she insisted: "I draw my sword in desperation"! I'm thinking: "darn! We're heroes! We aren't desperate! We're professionals!" She deleted my posts non-the-less.

> TOPIC: Zudguard's Dungeons & Dragons 5e Create Characters & Rules

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.