MichaelC's Call Of Cthulhu 6Ed Campaign Main RPG - Page 16 of 19

"Again the reference to the 'Society'. - Page 16 - Mystery, Horror RPG - Posted: 1st Dec, 2015 - 8:25pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

27th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter

+  « First of 19 pgs.  12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 
Closed
Only those who have created approved Call of Cthulhu Characters can participate in this Thread.
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
MichaelC's Call Of Cthulhu 6Ed Campaign Main RPG Related Information to MichaelC's Call Of Cthulhu 6Ed Campaign Main RPG
24th Nov, 2015 - 3:03pm / Post ID: #
Konrad Romijn

Character
Loner / Confused
Character Sheet ◀
Not Not Approved ?

MichaelC's Call Of Cthulhu 6Ed Campaign Main RPG - Page 16

Naive Student says...

Konrad, as usual at this church, is again taken aback by the whole exchange in front of him. He says nothing and keeps walking out.

He asks Joseph to wait until their phones time syncs up again, stating that it's weird, but hey might have been set wrong when they entered. There are many glitches that could've caused it and Konrad begins listing the ones he knows about with little regard if he's boring Joe.

Out of Character: Did we get the call as well?

Konrad Romijn Results:
  • Computer use on D100 (+0): 30 (1 roll)

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 24th Nov, 2015 - 3:21pm / Post ID: #

MichaelC's Call Of Cthulhu 6Ed Campaign Main RPG
A Friend

RPG Main Campaign Ed Cthulhu Call MichaelCs

"Don't discount the time shift." Lau pulls out a small flip notepad, writes down locations, times and the difference between the phones.

*Note to GM. Do the phones re-sync?

"TJ, you know about PTSD. Well our homeless friend suffered something similar. It has permanently scarred his psyche. I do believe he is right in one thing," Quickly going back to his notes, "

international QUOTE
(The homeless man) mutters that it's a matter of time before one of them bites him, and adds to that "And once they've got a taste of me, I get the feeling I won't last long."
"

"I am not certain if we can keep tabs on him, but I would not count him out in the list of next victims."

Pausing to look at the messages coming back from Redman, "Redman has some concerns and may have stumbled onto something. I am seeing two things we need to do right now. Some research at the college campus library and someone needs to tail Redman. I think Redman's life is in danger, more than it was yesterday."

*Psychoanalysis to decipher hidden meanings or concerns not directly expressed in the text messages from Redman.

*History, Occult, and Anthropology for initial evaluation of the homeless man's events and re-enactment.

Post Date: 25th Nov, 2015 - 3:49pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

MichaelC's Call Of Cthulhu 6Ed Campaign Main RPG RPG Horror & Mystery

First note: the phones do resynch, one in a matter of minutes, the other when it cycles in about an hour, the two were three minutes apart, and both of them were seven minutes off from Lau and TJ's phones. The two were both early.

The homeless man is hard to track, not impossibly so. He actually does take the ten dollars and buys a decent meal at the nearest diner. He never stops looking around him, still reacting to his private visions. His haggard look give you the impression he hasn't been sleeping much.

Redman stops answering his cell phone, and calls to his desk are unanswered. A check with the office advises that he left to 'look something up' around ten am and has not returned to his office since.

Current plans? It appears that some or all of you could attend the church session tonight, and you would all still have time to make the meeting with Redman,

Post Date: 25th Nov, 2015 - 10:17pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 16 RPG Main Campaign Ed Cthulhu Call MichaelCs

Lau suggests that they grab dinner at Angell's since TJ had recommended it earlier. Lau can not remember if the establishment is low profile or not, but hopes that it is.

26th Nov, 2015 - 3:45am / Post ID: #
Konrad Romijn

Character
Loner / Confused
Character Sheet ◀
Not Not Approved ?

RPG Main Campaign Ed Cthulhu Call MichaelCs

Naive Student says...

If there's enough time, Konrad will try to find an open WiFi network, or go to the university and see what could have caused the mismatch in time.

Then he goes to dinner where Lau suggests.

Out of Character: Was that roll not good enough? Or wrong skill?

Post Date: 26th Nov, 2015 - 4:15am / Post ID: #

A Friend

international QUOTE
"TJ, you know about PTSD. Well our homeless friend suffered something similar. It has permanently scarred his psyche.

TJ looks decidedly skeptical. "Maybe... And he may have seen something, but I wouldn't rule out some bad meth, either."

(As for Angell's... It's probably a slightly run-down restaurant, not fine dining by any means, but the food's good and the service is friendly. A couple of the breakfast specials involve startling amounts of eggs, carbs, and fried meats in various combinations. There's the usual assortment of sandwiches, dinners, a few salads, etc. This isn't someplace you go to impress a date, it's someplace you go when you want a good meal at a fair price and not much fuss. All subject to GM override, of course, but that's what I had in mind--TJ's a pretty no-nonsense person.)

And yes, Redman seems to be off on his own, and no telling where, meaning there's not much to do but keep the meeting tonight. And I'm assuming that over dinner we'll all fill each other in on what we've found and work out future plans. And yes, the church does seem to be our best lead, at least until the meeting tonight.

As for the phones... "That doesn't add up. Sure, there are a dozen things that could have blocked you from getting signal, but the internal clocks should have worked fine. Unless they were overriding the signal from your carrier, but why? And why were they out of synch with each other? [little shrug] I wasn't in Signals, I don't know what would cause it. But I don't see how it relates to any of this. We've got several pieces of the puzzle, but not enough to put them together yet."

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 1st Dec, 2015 - 7:52pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

MichaelC's Call Cthulhu 6Ed Campaign Main RPG - Page 16

**apologies for delay**

Redman will meet at the restaurant at the designated time initial research gives no explanation for the times on the phones not matching. Redman is fidgety when you all show up **GM Note: We have lost Joseph's player I will keep the player in the group for a bit.** Reeman gets up and meets you as you approach his table, leads you back to it, he is clutching his briefcase as he does.
When you all are seated, he opens his briefcase, and looks from one of you to the other, finally nods.
"It's becoming clear we're looking at two different issues happening. I was more afraid of the killings, but now i'm not so sure." He rummages in his briefcase, and pulls out a hardback book, an edition of Dashiel Hammet's "The Thin Man."
"Found this in a used book store," He looks defensive. "Yes, I read. But what's in the book besides the book is what made me decide to bring it to your attention. Someone who owned this book wrote things on those blank pages at the front and back of the book, and in a few margins around the frontspiece. Took a bit to figure out the sequence. I put a highlighter on the start of it. Begins at the front of the book, then every other page is on the back, working it's way in." A quick glance identifies the author as Mary Nolte, one of the people who disappeared while looking into the church. Sorting quickly through the notes, the last sentence in her telling catches your eye, and is an indication that the whole piece will bear closer reading. The marginalia notes ends with the following, "The Reflections of Truth are a danger. It is only a matter of time until it becomes a catastrophe. Time being a factor is disturbingly funny. Anyone who finds this and knows how to reach them must contact the Society. It is imperative they know about this, they are the only group I know of who are prepared to deal with this kind of thing."

Post Date: 1st Dec, 2015 - 8:25pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

MichaelC's Call Cthulhu 6Ed Campaign Main RPG Mystery & Horror RPG - Page 16

"Again the reference to the 'Society'. Redman, do you have any concept of who or what this 'Society' is?"

Making some notes, Lau looks to Redman, "May I borrow the book?"

"There have been some new developments on our end. TJ and I located a witness to one of the murders. His mental condition will preclude him from appearing before a court or any public servant. But it is certain that he was witness to one of the murders."

*Note to GM - what occurred at the 'Services' that were scheduled at 9 pm, two hours prior to our meeting with Redman?

+  « First of 19 pgs.  12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 

> TOPIC: MichaelC's Call Of Cthulhu 6Ed Campaign Main RPG

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,