MichaelC's Call Of Cthulhu 6Ed Campaign Main RPG - Page 2 of 19

**Collins and Lau** Collins leads you back - Page 2 - Mystery, Horror RPG - Posted: 18th Oct, 2015 - 10:54pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

24th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (19) »
Closed
Only those who have created approved Call of Cthulhu Characters can participate in this Thread.
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
MichaelC's Call Of Cthulhu 6Ed Campaign Main RPG Related Information to MichaelC's Call Of Cthulhu 6Ed Campaign Main RPG
Post Date: 18th Oct, 2015 - 2:15am / Post ID: #

MichaelC's Call Of Cthulhu 6Ed Campaign Main RPG
A Friend

MichaelC's Call Of Cthulhu 6Ed Campaign Main RPG - Page 2

Redman looks at Tai Chi for a moment, considering before he accepts the handshake. You are all clearly left with the impression that he is trying to figure the best approach, who to favor, and who, if any, to disapprove of. But his smile as he shakes hands is genuine, and he relaxes.

"So it seems, Professor," Redman smiles, looking at the others. "Collins must have hated talking to all of you. Three in a row." He pauses and clearly considers. "Okay, the police know more than they're letting on, and that includes some of those 'withheld clues' they use in some cases to keep false confessors from clouding up the case. I know a few of those clues, and if you want, meet me at the Three Corners restaurant tonight at eight pm. It won't be my treat, but I will cover my own tab, thanks. We can compare notes with what we've got so far, if you want. If you don't come, that's fine, but don't be surprised if you catch me on my own investigations showing up now and then. We are are, after all, looking for the same thing."

One of you asks "And that is?"

"Stopping the killer. I'd love my story, but that is secondary." Redman doesn't quite look offended, but the question did startle him.
so...do you huddle before meeting Redman tonight, do you meet with him?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 18th Oct, 2015 - 3:58am / Post ID: #

A Friend

RPG Main Campaign Ed Cthulhu Call MichaelCs

TJ steps forward a bit, looking at Redman. "You've got some information? I'll be there." Turning to Joseph, he says, "I'm sorry about your foster mom.... Sorry, where are my manners. [extending his hand] TJ White. It's Tom, but I've gone by Teejay since I was 3."

He turns slightly to one side, noticing the officers looking at the group with barely-concealed suspicion & dislike.

"Y'know, this really isn't the place to have a discussion. There's a little coffee shop right up the street from here. Two blocks north, then take a right. It looks like a hole in the wall, but the coffee's good. [turning to Lau] Sir, if you have ideas about this, or any information, I'd appreciate the chance to talk with you. [to Konrad] And you, sir. If we're all looking into the same thing, then...." He trails off, stopping himself as he glances over toward the officers.

"This isn't the place to talk. I'm going to go get a cup of coffee. I'd be pleased if you gentlemen would join me. First one's on me. Otherwise, I suppose I'll see you tonight at the Three Corners."

Out of Character: : Yes, the obvious, inevitable, and essential "Let the characters get to know each other" Set-up...

Post Date: 18th Oct, 2015 - 4:04am / Post ID: #

A Friend

MichaelC's Call Of Cthulhu 6Ed Campaign Main RPG RPG Horror & Mystery

"Joey or Joe is fine; and don't worry, I didn't like any of my fosters, it's why I had so many.

Mr. Redman I will be there, something about this case is tugging me by the neck hairs."

He looks around the group not sure how things will unfold, but certain he must see this through. He is not even sure why it matters so much to him, maybe he's been isolated and insular for so long that the merest connection to an outside event is enough for him. Either way, Joseph was going to see this through.

"Bad coffee or no..."

Post Date: 18th Oct, 2015 - 4:17am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 2 RPG Main Campaign Ed Cthulhu Call MichaelCs

Lau thanks Redman for the information he has already shared and agrees to trade notes and information at both the coffee shop and the restaurant after he stops to speak with the Duty Sergeant.

With that he nods to the group and heads towards the officers staring at the group. "Officers, Professor Lau from the University, I believe Detective Collins was expecting me." Waiting for the officers to do something, Lau sees Collins through a press of bodies. Leaving the officers, Lau threads his way through the masses till he reaches Collins.

"Detective Collins, I believe we have details to discuss, once again. May we speak in private?"

18th Oct, 2015 - 10:05am / Post ID: #
Konrad Romijn

Character
Loner / Confused
Character Sheet ◀
Not Not Approved ?

RPG Main Campaign Ed Cthulhu Call MichaelCs

Naive Student says...

"Call me Konrad," Says the bespectacled, blond haired and bearded youth. He continues with a smirk "Though I'm not knighted, no need to be formal.

"I'll also come along, Redman. But now, coffee sounds like a great idea.

As they walk out he turns to Joe, "I think I've seen you before on the Miskatonic main campus. Do you study? I myself am an engineering and physics undergrad."

Post Date: 18th Oct, 2015 - 2:04pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

international QUOTE (Konrad Romijn)
"Though I'm not knighted, no need to be formal.

TJ grins. "Sorry, too many years of 'If in doubt, salute it.'"

Out of Character: : MichaelC, I'm ad-libbing local color here, feel free to overrule.... Also, I'm aware Lau is asking for a private meeting with Collins. I'm assuming we either waited until that was over or that Lau will be joining us later; I.e. He's here unless he doesn't want to be.

The coffee shop looks unpromisiing--everything is clean but the tables are battered and the relatively-fresh paint can't conceal the age of the building. The balding Middle-Eastern man behind the counter smiles & greets TJ as the group walks in; TJ is obviously known to him. He and TJ exchange pleasantries in Arabic, then TJ turns back to the group. "If you trust me to order....?" After another exchange in Arabic, TJ gestures toward a table off to one side--out of traffic flow, away from the door and the counter.

As they're seated the shop owner brings over a tray with large mugs of steaming coffee and a small plate of cookies. The coffee is indeed good--brewed Middle Eastern style, quite strong but not at all bitter, with a tiny hint of spice added. The cookies are mamoul, shortbread stuffed with chopped dates.

As the talk gradually shifts from "What's your name, what do you do," TJ looks more thoughtful, idly scratching his thick beard.

"I saw enough killing in Iraq. Enough chaos. Find some quiet little town where nothing ever happens...I said. Take a little time off, maybe go back to school, enjoy a normal life...I said. And I get here just in time for... this to be happening. And I'm seeing what I saw in Iraq: A police force that's doing its best but has no idea how to deal with the threat and seems to be in farther over their heads than they realize. Whatever this is, it isn't 'just' a serial killer. If it was, maybe I could just say it's their problem to deal with. But it isn't. And I can't just look the other way. So....that's why I'm poking around. How about everyone else?"

[and as for the 'who are you, what do you do' stuff: TJ is originally from Boston. Discharged from the Army about a year ago; was special forces (Ranger), served a couple of tours in Afghanistan but mostly Iraq, can't talk about what he did there. He knows enough Arabic to make small talk in a coffee shop, ask directions, give directions, and a few other things, but doesn't consider himself fluent.]

Reconcile Edited: Brianh on 18th Oct, 2015 - 2:05pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 18th Oct, 2015 - 2:48pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

MichaelC's Call Cthulhu 6Ed Campaign Main RPG - Page 2

Out of Character: Lau is meeting with Collins after the conversation with Redman. Will be at coffee shop shortly thereafter.

Out of Character: I am looking into the conversion of d20 to CoC 6ed.

Post Date: 18th Oct, 2015 - 10:54pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

MichaelC's Call Cthulhu 6Ed Campaign Main RPG Mystery & Horror RPG - Page 2

**Collins and Lau**
Collins leads you back to his desk, clearly unhappy with having to bring you back inside. He sorts through some files, sighs and looks at you in silence for over a minute.

"Okay it isn't quite that cut and dried, we do have a few leads, but they're sketchy. First, there is a common denominator for five of the six we can confirm dead. Five of them had some kind of business with that strange stuff you keep poking into. Not as criminals, or as...what is the word you've favored when we've talked about them? Cultists. These victims have all been bystanders who have been noted and questioned in the aftermath of that strange crap. Two of them were seen at the same one, that business with the human skin lamps last year. None of them have gotten into any trouble that we know of for over a year. The other one, one of the women, just happens to resemble another woman who had been involved with the lamps." He shrugs. "She's still in an asylum, but this woman is a dead ringer. The four missing people," He pauses and points at a different, smaller stack of folders. "We are certain they're an unrelated issue, but the territory overlapping, and the timing, for once we're letting the panic work for us. If people are scared, they will stay home more, and put themselves less at risk. The problem is, if they get scared enough, they start to strike out, and who knows how many innocents will get caught up in it. There are two more things."

He leans close and scowls, "I don't know why these people tried to circumvent the law, even against a threat. And while I still don't believe half the stuff they used to say, and that you've confirmed with us, I'll be happy if this problem just goes away. But don't think I won't come down on you if you cross the line."

"The other thing, yeah, is pisses me off, but I do have to ask for your knowledge. You have helped us confirm mysterious symbols before, helped us confirm what was teenagers playing Satanists, real Satanists and other strangeness that you've mentioned that I cannot accept. This symbol was found on walls near three of the bodies. There is something weird about them." He takes photos out of three of the folders and lays the images out. A strange symbol, two twists at the bottom, a longer line at the top that curls again, all in a brilliant yellow. "Chemical analysis confirms that all of these symbols were drawn with their blood. The part no one has been able to explain is that there is no dye or other agent involved. In spite of changing color in this symbol, it's just human blood. And the rest of the victims' blood is normal in color. Explain that one if you can, I don't expect an answer now, Mister Mysterious, but I'd like one if you can find it." He lets you copy the symbol on a notepad, then replaces the folder, and points to the door. "Go ahead, play Doctor Strange, just don't make me have to arrest you, or clean up your body.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (19) »

> TOPIC: MichaelC's Call Of Cthulhu 6Ed Campaign Main RPG

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,