MichaelC's Call Of Cthulhu 6Ed Campaign Main RPG - Page 11 of 19

Konrad spends some time at home searching - Page 11 - Mystery, Horror RPG - Posted: 1st Nov, 2015 - 1:23pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

12th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian

+  « First of 19 pgs.  7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15  ...Latest (19) »
Closed
Only those who have created approved Call of Cthulhu Characters can participate in this Thread.
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
MichaelC's Call Of Cthulhu 6Ed Campaign Main RPG Related Information to MichaelC's Call Of Cthulhu 6Ed Campaign Main RPG
Post Date: 30th Oct, 2015 - 2:00am / Post ID: #

MichaelC's Call Of Cthulhu 6Ed Campaign Main RPG
A Friend

MichaelC's Call Of Cthulhu 6Ed Campaign Main RPG - Page 11

A quick check on Redman’s notes, which on examination appear to be very complete, detail in the background on the church that the ‘service meetings are multiple meetings on Wednsday and Saturday, with two meetings on Sunday. Wednsday and Saturday have variable meetings, three to four. They do have meetings that start at nine pm every day they have meetings.
Redman’s notes are copious, and will take at least a few hours to go through. Redman is gone, and you all are left to wonder why Redman gave you an ‘off site’ contact for Collins, and you all review the current plan. We are at nine pm, tomorrow will be the next day the church has services, and now it falls to you how you want to progress.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 30th Oct, 2015 - 2:30am / Post ID: #

A Friend

RPG Main Campaign Ed Cthulhu Call MichaelCs

(Out of Character: : Sorry to be so silent, some stuff came up and I've been really busy. But it's all good now.

As for the pace, I think it's been fine, things are moving briskly and the pace is entertaining.)

Joseph listens as he munches idly on some chicken fingers. It all seemed to flow over his head, as if Dr. Lau and Redman had a secret language they could communicate in. Problem was, a former foster mother of his was part of the conversation, and that meant all of this conspiracy stuff was a part of his life, even if he had no contact with it at the time. It mattered that something this dangerous and mysterious was hidden behind the wallpaper just under the surface.

He waited until Redman left to speak up. "One of us could join that church, try to see it from the inside. I-I could probably do that, I could play the confused college student looking for a purpose on the world. Mess, it's not that far from the truth. But I'm really curious about this Society and if we could learn more about it, I think that would tell us more about what was going on."

(Out of Character: : Oh, a language filter? How quaint. You can imagine some other word for "Mess". )

Reconcile Edited: ScottMorgan on 30th Oct, 2015 - 2:32am

Post Date: 31st Oct, 2015 - 3:54pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

MichaelC's Call Of Cthulhu 6Ed Campaign Main RPG RPG Horror & Mystery

"The murders and abductions happen after 9pm. We may need to pick up with investigations tomorrow."

Picking up his notes and maps and such things, Lau reorganizes them into his portfolio. He carefully stores the portfolio in his leather satchel with Angela's Journal.

"I am going to need a few hours to connect the additional details from Angela's Journal and Redman's Notes to my existing studies on the matters at hand."

Standing, he pauses, looks back at TJ, Joe, and Konrad, "It is good to have others to share these things with. If you are able, meet me at my office on campus tomorrow at 10 am." With that, he extracts from his pocket, three ivory business cards and places them on the table.

Business Card:
Professor Lau Tai Chi
Doctors of Anthropology and Cultural Mythology
(Followed by some Chinese Kanji)
Office Address, Office Phone, and Cell Phone included.

As he leaves for the night, Lau stops the waitress and hands her the tip for this evening's meal. He then slips quietly out the front door and returns to his quaint apartment near campus.

1st Nov, 2015 - 2:29am / Post ID: #
Konrad Romijn

Character
Loner / Confused
Character Sheet ◀
Not Not Approved ?

Page 11 RPG Main Campaign Ed Cthulhu Call MichaelCs

Naive Student says...

"Yeah, that isn't too far from the truth," Korad agrees with Joseph. "That's why you should be the last choice to go there. I'm no psychologist, but it's likely they'll get to your head easily. And nobody will be converting on my watch!"

"Just take a day or two for yourself and avoid study. I'll worry about infiltrating the church."

"The rest of you can check out the society and how it works. Now I'm wondering... Are there any names in the journal that aren't victims of the attacks?
This 'Moose' should be easy to find. Does the lottery keep a record of winners?"

Konrad waves as Lau exits, "I'll be there. Good luck with your search!"

Post Date: 1st Nov, 2015 - 7:13am / Post ID: #

A Friend

RPG Main Campaign Ed Cthulhu Call MichaelCs

The next day dawns brightly, the humidity has increased, it is still hot, the forecast calling for rain later in the day. Lau’s further examination brings up little more on the Society, but clearly refers to it as a group that Angela had viewed as a helpful group. In the third journal she had made entries about getting back in touch with the Society, but no notes indicating that she had done so. At no point in what you can access is Moose named, other than that, though some notes about the other, James, indicates that his last name is Biggs, and there is a reference in the first section of the journal indicating that he had suffered some kind of mental breakdown, and been committed to an asylum, with hopes of an eventual release, but no full expectation of it.
Redman’s notes name the church as “Reflections of Truth” and confirms the information from other sources. Initially a Pentecostal church, the elder Vonn started to make it something else, something secretive. Redman’s notes on the disappearances confirms that the four individuals were investigating independently, nothing in his notes indicates they were working together. Strangely, there are two references in Redman’s notes to ‘the Society’, though they are vague and it is unclear if this is the same society Angela referred to.
Will all make the meeting at Lau’s office?

Post Date: 1st Nov, 2015 - 9:12am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Out of Character: who is James?

In Character: So Moose was institutionalized? The Society was a good thing?

Lau makes his notes and begins searching public records and archived newspapers in Texas for Angela's previous residence and Moose's whereabouts.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 1st Nov, 2015 - 1:00pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

MichaelC's Call Cthulhu 6Ed Campaign Main RPG - Page 11

**gm clarification**
James and Moose were both mentioned int he first section of Angela's journal with a suggestion that James was working more as a researcher for the group.
And yes, Angela's reference to 'the Society' seem to suggest that she dd not see them as an enemy, but rather a possible, or probable, ally..

1st Nov, 2015 - 1:23pm / Post ID: #
Konrad Romijn

Character
Loner / Confused
Character Sheet ◀
Not Not Approved ?

MichaelC's Call Cthulhu 6Ed Campaign Main RPG Mystery & Horror RPG - Page 11

Naive Student says...

Konrad spends some time at home searching online for the church and for anything to do with a society James and Moose are in. It's more of a set up to do some in depth searching the next day. He wasn't about to use his own Internet when Miskatonic's was faster and included in his fees. There was always the nagging suspicion that he was tracked online as well.

He notes how long until the next church gathering and where it is, setting an alarm so he doesn't forget.

Konrad rocks up a few minutes late to Lau's office holding a coffee. He gives a half-assed wave as he enters.

> TOPIC: MichaelC's Call Of Cthulhu 6Ed Campaign Main RPG

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,