Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG - Page 43 of 149

"Keep comms on this frequency. Njall, - Page 43 - Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Posted: 16th Jan, 2016 - 5:54am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

+  « First of 149 pgs.  39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47  ...Latest (149) »
Posts: 1191 - Views: 37480
Closed
Top  Aericsteele' s Traveller Main RPG Only approved Characters and the GM participate in this Thread.
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG Related Information to Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG
Post Date: 14th Jan, 2016 - 12:56am / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG
A Friend

Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG - Page 43

'Let's secure the facility and plot new coords for a loading LZ near the facility. Njall and Shuth for sure to stay with the ship."

"Anyone get anything on the radio from the GTC forces already on the ground?".

Sponsored Links:
14th Jan, 2016 - 2:43am / Post ID: #
Baron Gaden Baenre
Retired Star Marine Ge...
Character
Follower / Scout
Character Sheet ◀
Active Player Active Role-player!

RPG Main Traveller Aericsteeles

This is The Reaper of Ships, over...

In Character: Falling back on training honed through years as a Star Marine, Gaden walks among the crew and the assembled troops, checking equipment and easeing nerves with a few quiet words.

Out of Character: This is the backdrop for a leadership check. Trying to raise overal morale and affect some situational Dungeon Masters.

Baron Gaden Baenre Results:
  • Leadership on D6 (+3): 5, 7 (2 rolls)


14th Jan, 2016 - 12:46pm / Post ID: #
Njall Nail Lang
BelterCrewman
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀
Active Player Active Role-player!

Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG RPGs PBP Fiction Science

Rebel over...

"OK, if I'm watching the ship someone set up the sensors to give a sweep of the area around the ship. Enerii, Krakrefr?"

Njall collects the encrypted comms sets and hurries down to the hold, looking out for one of the away team (Maiokus, Gaden, Silvertongue, Krakrefr - whoever he meets first):

"Here's one of the encrypted comms. I'll keep the other. Call me with the coordinates when you're ready to load up, or if you need evac. I could could pop up and fly distraction if you need it too. Good luck out there."

Njall gets out of the way of the deployment and jogs to his stateroom, stopping off at the ships locker, and collects his flak jacket, mask, laser pistol, rifle, shotgun. Returning to the bridge, he lies the shotgun by his console, hangs the rifle on his seat-back, and starts checking on the sensors while strapping on his armour and laser,and readying the mask.
(Out of Character: : Does the Wildcard have much in the way of external video monitoring, IR or such? Or would I be better finding viewports?)

.

Attached Image Edited: Bindoner on 14th Jan, 2016 - 12:52pm



16th Jan, 2016 - 4:10am / Post ID: #

Page 43 RPG Main Traveller Aericsteeles

The Referee relays...

Gaden finds that the soldiers take to him readily and his experience seems to put them at ease. Gaden helps direct the men into defensive positions while they wait to plan their next move, hearing a couple mutter something about it being time to hurry up and wait once more. He then meets up with Silver and the Colonel as they exit the Wildcard.

Colonel Konrad surveys the surroundings and then takes out a paper map from the pocket of his fatigues and unfurls it; using a pencil he marks off the coordinates of the Wildcard in relation to the facility.

You quickly find that somewhere between your location and the main force, communication has been jammed or otherwise interfered with allowing only sporadic bursts of scrambled messages to get through. From what you can decipher though it would appear that the invasion force is currently deadlocked with the defenders.

"The situation appears to have changed" he says, "We are out of contact with command, and S.O.P. States that significant changes in the situation requires that we make contact with command before proceeding so I'm not inclined to move without authorization. We sit tight and hold our position until communication is reestablished" he no sooner makes the declaration and the crack of small arms fire fills the air breaking the silence. Several soldiers are hit and suddenly an explosion goes off near the Wildcard as mortars begin to fall inside the perimeter. The GTC troops begin to return fire and the IFV's cannons boom as they follow suit.

Those outside, or looking out of the view ports on the Wildcard an see dozens of muzzle flashes coming from the surrounding forest and the clank of bullets hitting the ship can be heard. The colonel immediately crouches down and moves toward his men shouting orders.

Njall checks the sensors and sees a couple of signatures which are consistent with groups of aircraft possible engaged approximately ten kilometers out, but the radar is unable to pick up individual soldiers in the area, but it can pick up some of the larger vehicles and it does show a possible vehicle approximately three kilometers northeast of your location and this correlates with the source of the communications interference.

Out of Character: : Those outside of the Wildcard can make attack rolls and a tactics roll can also be made to give modifiers to the attack/defense. The Wildcard does not have external cameras; its sensors package is basic civilian and includes radar and lidar, no IR.



Post Date: 16th Jan, 2016 - 4:44am / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG
A Friend

RPG Main Traveller Aericsteeles

Silver swears under his breath. "Holy Hell we need those comms. I don't like The 'Card being down here, but I don't think she will be safe anywhere but in orbit."

"Colonel, I would suggest you move your men and draw fire to the Northeast of here about 3 or 4 hundred yards. The 'Card is our only guaranteed transit out of here.".

16th Jan, 2016 - 5:15am / Post ID: #
Baron Gaden Baenre
Retired Star Marine Ge...
Character
Follower / Scout
Character Sheet ◀
Active Player Active Role-player!

Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG

This is The Reaper of Ships, over...

In Character: Gaden dives for cover. "We need to return fire" he shouts. Pulling on his IR goggles, he scans the tree line looking for the source of the fire.

Out of Character: I'm going to make a tactics check to spot the enemy and mark their location for the party so they can focus their fire. My bonus is +1 for the skill and +1 int for a total of +2.

Baron Gaden Baenre Results:
  • Tactics (military) on D6 (+0): 6, 3 (2 rolls)


Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
16th Jan, 2016 - 5:41am / Post ID: #
Maiokus
Rogue Pirate
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀
Active Player Active Role-player!

Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG - Page 43

This is The Cynic, over...

In Character: : Maiokus takes cover and begins to aim and take shots at enemies he can spot in the tree line.

Out of Character: : gun combat +2 Dexterity +1 and if tactics check passed +1 for a total of +4.

Maiokus Results:
  • Gun combat roll on D6 (+4): 9, 6 (2 rolls)
  • Damage on D6 (+0): 1, 3, 1 (3 rolls)
  • Damage on D6 (+0): 4, 2, 1 (3 rolls)
  • Damage on D6 (+0): 3, 6, 3 (3 rolls)
  • Damage on D6 (+0): 6, 4, 4 (3 rolls)


Post Date: 16th Jan, 2016 - 5:54am / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG
A Friend

Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Page 43

"Keep comms on this frequency. Njall, monitor for GTC comms. I am doing what I do best."

Silver stows his mask in its carrier on his waste. Takes his bearing on whatever sun there maybe and The 'Card and stealthy moves his way into cover.

Out of Character: : Moving towards the vehicle that may be causing comm disturbance.


 
> TOPIC: Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG
 

▲ TOP


International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,