Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG - Page 89 of 149

With no firm answer from the crew of the Wildcard - Page 89 - Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Posted: 18th Apr, 2016 - 2:51am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

+  « First of 149 pgs.  85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93  ...Latest (149) »
Posts: 1191 - Views: 37696
Closed
Top  Aericsteele' s Traveller Main RPG Only approved Characters and the GM participate in this Thread.
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG Related Information to Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG
12th Apr, 2016 - 5:25pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG - Page 89

The Referee relays...

Ivanovna utilizes a cargo robot to assist in unloading the chemical compound from the Wildcard and loading it onto her pinnace. As she oversees the transfer she explains the details of the proposal. "In truth it is a mission that requires some finesse and discretion" she says "Dr. Crane has need of a living specimen of a creature found on the Lesser continent of Knorbes. As you may know the Lesser continent on that particular world is designated as a nature preserve. Tampering with the wildlife is, well… frowned upon. We could attempt to work through the Imperial bureaucracy to obtain permits but not only would this be excessively time consuming, but terribly expensive as well. Dr. Crane is anxious to move his research forward.

The Exostalker is an aggressive predator that inhabits the forests of Knorbes. Fortunately they are generally solitary creatures outside of mating season, and their low birth rate prevents them from becoming a significant threat to the ecosystem. They are deadly and clever, and apprehending one alive will not be easy. You should also be aware of their regenerative properties, they are difficult to kill and have exceptionally long life spans.

They have a surprisingly elastic exoskeleton that provides a great deal of natural armor while also giving them significant agility and they possess distinctive, elongated, cylindrical skulls, but possess no visible facial features other than their mouth. The Exostalker has a rigid and opaque carapace atop its head that is part of its natural armor. They possess razor sharp claws and teeth as well as a blade tipped tail. They are primarily nocturnal creatures and prefer forest and underground environments but they have also been known to be attracted to man made structures.

And we believe one such structure exists on the Lesser continent of Knorbes that is likely to contain one of these creatures; an abandoned outpost near the center of the continent. If you are able to capture one of these Exostalkers and bring it back here, alive, there will be 300,000 credits waiting for you."



Sponsored Links:
13th Apr, 2016 - 2:26pm / Post ID: #
Baron Gaden Baenre
Retired Star Marine Ge...
Character
Follower / Scout
Character Sheet ◀
Active Player Active Role-player!

RPG Main Traveller Aericsteeles

This is The Reaper of Ships, over...

In Character: Gaden gives a low whistle hearing the proposed payment. "That's a lot of cash Jefe, enough maybe to fix up somethings on the 'Card. But I've never been much of a hunter myself." Adjusting the rifle slung across his chest he says to Ivanovna, "Are there any experts on this critter, anyone we could consult?"



13th Apr, 2016 - 4:41pm / Post ID: #
Maiokus
Rogue Pirate
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀
Active Player Active Role-player!

Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG RPGs PBP Fiction Science

This is The Cynic, over...

In Character: : Maiokus shifts uncomfortably while hearing the details. He says lowly, "Sounds like familiar territory, but more dangerous. We could take this job as long as we can resupply. I'm not prepared for an expedition."



13th Apr, 2016 - 7:37pm / Post ID: #
Krakrefr
Hound
Character
Lieutenant / Confused
Character Sheet ◀
Active Player Active Role-player!

Page 89 RPG Main Traveller Aericsteeles

This is Kanin, over...

Krakrefr approaches to the captain's side and speaks to the other Vargr. He is blunt and direct, especially since she is one of his kin.

"I suppose our good doctor can supply us the proper tranquiliser and equipment to get his specimen?"

Attached Image Edited: Morfeas on 13th Apr, 2016 - 7:46pm



15th Apr, 2016 - 3:21am / Post ID: #

RPG Main Traveller Aericsteeles

The Referee relays...

The lady Vargr continues to try and look everywhere but directly at Krakrefr as he speaks although she does ‘smile’ and respond politely to his inquiry “Of course” she says “I have a tranq gun and several rounds of tranquilizers that I brought with me in the event you did decide to accept the job. Unfortunately you will be hard pressed to find an expert on this particular creature, but if you can get to a class A or B star port perhaps you can access a database that may have more information. I’ve told you everything I know about them though.”.



Post Date: 15th Apr, 2016 - 3:39am / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG
A Friend

Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG

"We will still need to rig the cargo bay to transport this creature back. And will there be enough tranqs to keep it from tearing our ship apart on the return?"

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 17th Apr, 2016 - 3:50pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG
A Friend

Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG - Page 89

Out of Character: Rig the cargo bay and maybe have enough tranquilizer to keep it asleep for the whole ride would be a better idea. IF we are going to do this we need to prep the ship and get some work done at a close starport.

"Well we have options it seems now. Should we tell them we will think about it as we get some repairs done on the ship and head to a star port? Any passengers or cargo needed transported off this rock?"

18th Apr, 2016 - 2:51am / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Page 89

The Referee relays...

With no firm answer from the crew of the Wildcard Ivanovna gives Silver a data wafer that contains a frequency that she can be reached at if they return to Whanga with a decision. She informs you that she is in something of a hurry, however, and needs to get back.

The star port is little more than a landing pad, beacon, and warehouse. If anyone wants to check for passengers they will need to go into the nearby village to determine if cargo/passengers are available.

Ivanovna doesn’t wait long after the cargo is loaded before she bids you farewell then disappears back into the pinnace, the cargo doors close and a few moments pass before the ships thrusters fire and it takes off.




 
> TOPIC: Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG
 

▲ TOP


International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,